LSU post game thread

Auburn2Eugene

Sean White, the awful very no good waterboy playing QB for AU was a 73 percent passer tonight, 19 for 26, 234 yards, 9 YPA, 12.3 YPC. Kid is a gamer. This team looks to me like a set of Tigers that may well grow up and be a pretty dang good team before this season is out.  The win tonight could be the launching pad. Dang sure would have been a heartbreaker if not a dagger to the heart if the officials had not reversed that final LSU non-score. As others have pointed out, not only did LSWho not get the snap off before time expired but the QB was beyond the line of scrimmage when he threw that non-TD.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Fricking Ray said:

Some of you just aren't capable of being happy! ???

I'm usually supporting this staff...I'm glad we won...but not happy. Maybe winning an SEC game at home gets a MALzahn off the back...errr...monkey off the back.... and things start clicking. As it sits, Oline coaching seems really bad and play calling is even worse. But, a win is a win so maybe the pathetic game plan was the right one :dunno:

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Just re-watched the final play again. Not only did they not get the snap off, but he was at least a yard and a half to 2 yards beyond the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball.

That's what I kept screaming and our dumb announcers couldn't even recognize it.

Annoyed with the offense but these men fought their butt off.

10 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Recall how many folks were none too pleased when the hire was made?  Gotta say, I'm glad he's here.  The D isn't perfect but man, they are playing hard and swarming to the ball better than I have seen in a while.

15 minutes ago, wareagle881 said:

Why no 10 seconds no runoff?

If you are referring to the illegal shift at the very end, it doesn't meet the qualifications for a 10 second run off.   The 10 second run off is designed to prevent a team from stopping the clock.  The fouls that fall in this category are:

1. Any foul that prevents the snap (e.g., false start, encroachment,
defensive offside by contact in the neutral zone, etc.) (A.R. 3-4-4-
III);
2. Intentional grounding to stop the clock;
3. Incomplete illegal forward pass;
4. Backward pass thrown out of bounds to stop the clock;
5. Any other foul committed with the intent of stopping the clock.

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Can we rename the thread. Hard to find

I apologize. I didn't know what to name it and I waited and waited for one to be posted since the game thread was already locked

Finally!  A much needed win at home!  Great for the team.  Great for the fans.  Great for Gus fans.  Bad for Les Miles, but maybe great for Art Briles?

Just now, FoundationEagle said:

I'm usually supporting this staff...I'm glad we won...but not happy. Maybe winning an SEC game at home gets a MALzahn off the back...errr...monkey off the back.... and things start clicking. As it sits, Oline coaching seems really bad and play calling is even worse. But, a win is a win so maybe the pathetic game plan was the right one :dunno:

He isn't getting fired at all this year. However, CRL will be gone. The offense is terrible but the defense is good enough to get us victories against Arkansas, UGA, Vandy, Miss state. I truly believe that.

Players deserve a win for the hard work.    Auburn is the most unimaginative offense in the country.     New that not going for a field goal was gonna hurt or cost us the game.    If he had anyone with a knack for calling offensive plays, we might have a decent team 

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I apologize. I didn't know what to name it and I waited and waited for one to be posted since the game thread was already locked

No problem. It looks that there were three or four at the same time.

War eagle

17 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Can all the "Fire Malzahn now!" crowd at the end of the game thread please step up and retract? It wasn't a high powered offensive game by either team. What it reminded me of really was old school football with an old school AU defense, and personally, I FREAKIN' LOVED IT!  (Well, I loved it after LSU's bogus score at the end was reversed.)

Those were the best 6 field goals I've ever seen!!!!!! What would we do if Gus hadn't put us in position to kick all 6 of those???? I mean really, we almost ruined it by scoring an actual touchdown!!!!

yay!!!!!!

Just now, Randman5000 said:

The story of the game was not the play calling but the crappy red zone offense. Offense moved the ball tonight. Defense and Carlson won the game

Play calling in the red zone sucked out loud. I can't wait for Stat Tiger to tell us how many times we ran up the middle on first down again tonight. The Kerryon wildcat on 4th down was sheer lunacy.

2 minutes ago, War Knight said:

Anyone else think that was reminsicent of a early 2000's game?

More like 1970's and 80's to me. Old school stuff.  Heck, even at age 55 I can remember when a 24-21 game was considered high scoring. Most coaches wanted to win like 10-6 or 14-7, etc.

Just now, BlueFrogg said:

Those were the best 6 field goals I've ever seen!!!!!! What would we do if Gus hadn't put us in position to kick all 6 of those???? I mean really, we almost ruined it by scoring an actual touchdown!!!!

yay!!!!!!

Spot on

Thank God for Carlson but stats show that except for the lack of red zone O (which is huge) this seems like a good effort on both sides of the ball. Fournette got 101. Sean was 19-36 for 234. KJ had 93 rushing and 68 receiving.

1 minute ago, BlueFrogg said:

yay!!!!!!

Just be glad we won...it was ugly, it could have been worse with a lost.  No excuses though, we definitely got to work on red zone offense.  This is getting ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

He isn't getting fired at all this year. However, CRL will be gone. The offense is terrible but the defense is good enough to get us victories against Arkansas, UGA, Vandy, Miss state. I truly believe that.

I'll give you the other ones, but don't count on Arkansas just yet.

Archived