LSU post game thread

Auburn2Eugene

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

Play calling in the red zone sucked out loud. I can't wait for Stat Tiger to tell us how many times we ran up the middle on first down again tonight. The Kerryon wildcat on 4th down was sheer lunacy.

We just either get too conservative or over think things down there. It's probably going to cause Gus to over think things even more unfortunately

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear over half our fan base isn't happy if they don't have something to complain about. We won. Enjoy it and stop complaining for ONE NIGHT. Then you can feel free to continue your lynch mob Sunday.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True but some fundamental mistakes by the AU players made the game much closer than it should be. Coaches get blamed for calling bad plays when the players fail to execute......not sure about the logic of that.    

And LSU was ranked in the top 20 so it was not like we were playing some FCS team.

I didn't blame the playcalling tonight though. I agree that on a couple chances for TDs it was guys not making plays. However, we were still in the RZ way too many times to come away with only FGs. I feel like we just have to change scheme down there. It wasn't bad playcalling but it wasn't exactly that good either. It was vanilla. My biggest reason for the scheme change is that our OL simply isn't were it needs to be right now so vanilla isn't going to get it done consistently down there. We do have to figure out how to fix it and fix it fast b/c unlike LSU other teams can score TDs so we have to figure out something. 

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

I'll give you the other ones, but don't count on Arkansas just yet.

We match up well against Arkansas. I am NOT on the hype train yet.

Just now, Charleston Tiger said:

I swear over half our fan base isn't happy if they don't have something to complain about. We won. Enjoy it and stop complaining for ONE NIGHT. Then you can feel free to continue your lynch mob Sunday.

I agree.  I'm happy for the win.  But there has to be some changes made with red zone offense. 

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I was wondering this as well.  I was thinking that last play never should have happened anyway.

Maybe @WarTiger will chime in on this. I thought that should've been game as well.

Just now, FoundationEagle said:

I'm usually supporting this staff...I'm glad we won...but not happy. Maybe winning an SEC game at home gets a MALzahn off the back...errr...monkey off the back.... and things start clicking. As it sits, Oline coaching seems really bad and play calling is even worse. But, a win is a win so maybe the pathetic game plan was the right one :dunno:

I think we are doing the best with what we have as far as the o-line goes. I thought the play calling was better tonight. LSU's  defense is for real. 

10 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Can we rename the thread. Hard to find

:laugh: way too many Post Game threads!

I liked this game plan.  It wasn't flashy, but it was more efficient.  I would have liked a little more variation, and we definitely need some work in the Red Zone, but the point was to be conservative on O and trust the D and ST.  The coaching was much better this week IMHO.  We still have a long way to go, but we made some strides today.  Furthermore, we now have some momentum!  Momentum and Positive Energy can do A WHOLE LOT for a football team!

I'm proud for our players to get a win like this one. First, because it was a home SEC win! Second, it was against a Top 20 team (rank, whatever your perception may be). Third, winning against LSWho after last year's demoralizing game. Fourth, hard work pays off. Fifth, a W is a W! 

Yes, I could go on, but again, proud for our players! Great heart. Great effort. Auburn Tough!

1 minute ago, Charleston Tiger said:

I'm out of likes today, but I like that post.

1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:

More like 1970's and 80's to me. Old school stuff.  Heck, even at age 55 I can remember when a 24-21 game was considered high scoring. Most coaches wanted to win like 10-6 or 14-7, etc.

One of AU's best wins over LSU was in our undefeated season in 2004....AU won the game 10-9....a classic game in this rivalry. LSU almost blocked the extra point by jumping over the center.

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'll give you the other ones, but don't count on Arkansas just yet.

Agree 100%. They can score some points!

3 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I'm out of likes today, but I like that post.

I may be soon too! I'm liking bunch to posts tonight! ;)

How many do you get?

23 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

This and I think that not only did they not get the snap off before the clock hit 0.... but upon review, there maybe should also HAVE been a 10 second runoff.

I also think he crossed the line of scrimmage when he threw the pass.

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

He isn't getting fired at all this year. However, CRL will be gone. The offense is terrible but the defense is good enough to get us victories against Arkansas, UGA, Vandy, Miss state. I truly believe that.

Arky is beating aTm...  UGA will likely improve on O, us?  Who knows.  With the current play calling, 8-4 as you suggest would be a miracle.  7-5 maybe with some luck...get a couple injuries and 5-7 is very possible.   Better play calling is all we need, but I'm not sure if we will get it or not

I believe in the power of prayer.  This game is an answered prayer for me and probably thousands of other Auburn fans.  I missed a lot of the game tending to my little Welsh Corgi with her bathroom accidents.  I know she has probably a month of life left and I am making the most of it for her. She is my WDC for sure!

3 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I liked this game plan.  It wasn't flashy, but it was more efficient.  I would have liked a little more variation, and we definitely need some work in the Red Zone, but the point was to be conservative on O and trust the D and ST.  The coaching was much better this week IMHO.  We still have a long way to go, but we made some strides today.  Furthermore, we now have some momentum!  Momentum and Positive Energy can do A WHOLE LOT for a football team!

Agree 100%. Really hope this win propels us for the rest of the season. LSU seems to regularly be a game that helps or hurts to decide the way our season goes. 

Just now, AU64 said:

One of AU's best wins over LSU was in our undefeated season in 2004....AU won the game 10-9....a classic game in this rivalry. LSU almost blocked the extra point by jumping over the center.

Yeah, that one was something. Was that the lowest point output for our Tigers in 2004?  I remember some of the Dye-era games, including the 7-6 heartbreaker earthquake game (Dang you, Tommy Hodson!) in Baton Rouge that likely cost our Tigers a shot at the national championship after the 88 season.  

Archived