LSU post game thread

Auburn2Eugene

1 minute ago, savorytiger said:

I get that, and I haven't paid as closely to these forums lately as it's just been too toxic for my taste so I don't really know.  Either way though, while I think the refs made the last part of the game into the chaotic mess it turned out to be by failing to make the correct calls (including a second illegal shift/false start on the last play) and completely losing control of the game, I think this was one thing they didn't screw up.  The video evidence is pretty clear.  

Another very poorly officiated game, by very poor officiating crew! 

Good night and War Eagle!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, shabby said:

How about you let people voice there opinion considering nothing I have said violates any posting rules nor is disrespectful of others opinions.

Because I asked you to back off and let people enjoy the win.  I suggest you comply. If you can't be happy and celebrate the win, then go read a book. 

Just now, savorytiger said:

I get that, and I haven't paid as closely to these forums lately as it's just been too toxic for my taste so I don't really know.  Either way though, while I think the refs made the last part of the game into the chaotic mess it turned out to be by failing to make the correct calls (including a second illegal shift/false start on the last play) and completely losing control of the game, I think this was one thing they didn't screw up.  The video evidence is pretty clear.  

Facts and Video evidence silly talk, I have not looked but I will bet you a doughnut there were at least 3 linemen downfield on the throw.  (Heck in the photo posted MA is what 3/4 yards downfield things that make you go hmm.  

So things we know:  The photo is pretty clear it wasn't an illegal forward pass.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Because I asked you to back off and let people enjoy the win.  I suggest you comply. If you can't be happy and celebrate the win, then go read a book. 

I can be happy for the win and criticize the coaching. I have praised the players continously. Try to stop being so sensitive and over bearing. 

wheewwww.

I thought we had found another way to give a game away.

I sure wish Gus would learn to not leave points on the field. This is not an explosive O and we need every point we can get.

The kids played with guts and a lot of heart. I am proud of them. They won this game for us.

10 minutes ago, shabby said:

How about you let people voice there opinion considering nothing I have said violates any posting rules nor is disrespectful of others opinions.

Feel free to, but don't bitch when people take issue with it or point out the sadness you post with

I thought we moved the ball at times between the 20s. I wish we would put in a more traditional set for the red zone. The temp fix, if we are going to run it anyways, is put in JF3 inside the 20s. He may have the speed to get to the pylon on the edge.  But I don't see practice so he may lose the ball,  etc. So glad we won.  I hate losing to LSU. The LSU faithful will be calling for Miles head, especially with another clock management gaffe.  Glad the D line stepped up.  That sack by Carl looked just like what Garrett did to us.  Saw Monty causing havoc this game.  This was the first time we had a pure pocket passer back there. We saw our D line look a little more aggressive tonight.  

Just now, shabby said:

I can be happy for the win and criticize the coaching. I have praised the platers continously. Try to stop being so sensitive and over bearing. 

Turn it down several notches or get a vacation.  You're not going to piss on everyone's fun tonight.  

2 minutes ago, eibua12 said:

Facts and Video evidence silly talk, I have not looked but I will bet you a doughnut there were at least 3 linemen downfield on the throw.  (Heck in the photo posted MA is what 3/4 yards downfield things that make you go hmm.  

So things we know:  The photo is pretty clear it wasn't an illegal forward pass.

Watch the video, not a photo-shopped photo.

We won,  War Eagle!

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I didn't love the game, the playcalling, or frankly, s*** else, but damn if i ain't dancing about this W!!!!!!!!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

11 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

He has a long record of defending the officials even what it is blatantly obvious that Auburn is being short changed.He has a long record of defending the officials even what it is blatantly obvious that Auburn is being short changed.

I'm the farthest person possible from a WarTiger fan possible, and I want to emphasize that as much as I can, but by the rule that is CLEARLY not illegal. If you remember 3 years ago, Nick had a very similar situation against Alabama. But it was barely given a second look because they understood the rule, and his foot was planted when he tossed it.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Turn it down several notches or get a vacation.  You're not going to piss on everyone's fun tonight.  

I like Florida.

23 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I could've guessed you would come on here and defend the Bubba Earl officials. No surprise here!

Again, everyone on Auburn radio disagrees with you.

Except I provided evidence for my stance.  I couldn't care less what the people on Auburn radio have to say about it.  I provided proof, they didn't.

Just now, WarTiger said:

Except I provided evidence for my stance.  I couldn't care less what the people on Auburn radio have to say about it.  I provided proof, they didn't.

Watch the video like Auburn radio did and does. It is a shame you love the officials more than you do AU! But it is understood and expected.

War Eagle!

This has to be one of the worst officiated games I have seen in awhile.  And I'm talking about both sides.  I thought I knew the rules of college football pretty well.  But after tonight, I'm convinced that the rules just evolve from game to game.  Can the SEC step up and get somebody that knows what they're doing instead of these amateurs. 

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Out of likes but I love this. 

Let's enjoy this win. It was a win over a rival. It was a conference game. It was a home game. 

Its been a minute since we got any of those

5 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Gus wore a hat. Does that mean he wears one from here on out??

He says his daughters requested he do that because he's going bald** on top and the visor looks bad on TV because of it. So yeah, it seems that the visor is out...unless maybe an offseason hair transplant is in.

**Possibly pulling out chunks by the roots with the early season offensive troubles?

1 hour ago, wareagle881 said:

Couldn't tell, but was he past the line of scrimmage when he passed the ball?

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

yes

1 hour ago, FoundationEagle said:

Did no one else catch that LSU QB was past the LOS when he passed the ball on that last play?  3 different reasons on that last play that we win. 

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Go back and look again. It was a legit pass.

^^^ This, went back and slowed down DVR... his front leg and most of his body was past the LOS, BUT his whole back leg and back half was still behind the LOS when he released the ball so I believe makes it a legal pass in College unless something has changed. 

EDIT: oops... sorry I was busy going back on my DVR to find it and took a little while in the mean time WarTiger posted a screen shot of it showing it and apparently some arguments about it for some reason but the pic is pretty clear.

Archived