LSU post game thread

Auburn2Eugene

You have to love Auburn fans. We get a hard-fought win, ugly, but hard fought. All people can do is complain about the play that didn't happen that should have cost us the game. What gluttons for punishment we are!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I could've guessed you would come on here and defend the Bubba Earl officials. No surprise here!

Again, everyone on Auburn radio disagrees with you.

Uh, the ball is still in his hand in that photo.  If that black line is the line his whole body is across it and his toe is on it.  But the ball is still in his hand at that point.  If anything the photo proves he was across the line.  

27 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I could've guessed you would come on here and defend the Bubba Earl officials. No surprise here!

Again, everyone on Auburn radio disagrees with you.

Everyone on auburn radio is 100% biased to auburn. They think the officials are out to get us every week. They are some of the worst in the country, in that regard. At least in my opinion. The rule is, if any part of the passer is behind or at the LoS, then he can throw the ball legally. You see the picture. How can you possibly argue. Its the same no call that allowed us to win the 2013 iron bowl.

1 minute ago, madkat7 said:

You have to love Auburn fans. We get a hard-fought win, ugly, but hard fought. All people can do is complain about the play that didn't happen that should have cost us the game. What gluttons for punishment we are!

Ain't it the truth!:beatmullet:

1 minute ago, madkat7 said:

As ridiculous as some of our wins have been, at least we're not on the losing side :D.  I have no idea what I'd do if I were rooting for LSU...or Georgia 3 years ago.

3 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

^^^ This, went back and slowed down DVR... his front leg and most of his body was past the LOS, BUT his whole back leg and back half was still behind the LOS when he released the ball so I believe makes it a legal pass in College unless something has changed. 

It's crazy the throwing arm can be 2 yards past the line and the pass be legit but there you have it. Truly a game of inches and seconds apparently.

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Watch the video, not a photo-shopped photo.

We won,  War Eagle!

It's not a photo shopped photo you tool box.  It's a screen capture taken directly from the game video that I record to my PC for every game. 

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Watch the video like Auburn radio did and does. It is a shame you love the officials more than you do AU! But it is understood and expected.

War Eagle!

I did watch the video.  I also have the ability to advance it frame by frame and prove the no call was right.   You're just pissed off that I called you out and proved you wrong....AGAIN.   This has nothing to do with loving officials or Auburn which is a childish thing to go with but expected from you.  The fact is the proof is there that the no call was the right call whether you like it or not.

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Watch the video like Auburn radio did and does. It is a shame you love the officials more than you do AU! But it is understood and expected.

War Eagle!

Quit being stupid for one night.

Sober up and rewatch the game. My sober self saw a well called game. Very coherent. Obvious red zone issues execution wise. But not necessarily all play calling issues. No one ever calls a perfect game.  LS Who?! War Eagle!!

14 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I'd bet a cold beer that he did.

He did say Carlson was the best kicker in College football at the post game on the field.

So lets see Ole Miss before today was 1-2 and ranked, Oklahoma was 1-2 and ranked, Auburn played an equally tough schedule and is 1-2 and getting trashed, we just beat a solid LSU team (did anyone see what Wisky did today).  Not I said solid they have a good team we will know more next week when the play Mizzou.

So take a breath TP your living room and get some rest.

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

It's not a photo shopped photo you tool box.  It's a screen capture taken directly from the game video that I record to my PC for every game. 

I did watch the video.  I also have the ability to advance it frame by frame and prove the no call was right.   You're just pissed off that I called you out and proved you wrong....AGAIN.   This has nothing to do with loving officials or Auburn which is a childish thing to go with but expected from you.  The fact is the proof is there that the no call was the right call whether you like it or not.

Okay ladies, that's enough. ;)

Funny that this was our first sec win without a touchdown since that 3-2 win. I feel about the same leaving this games as I did that one. Which is still better than the lsu fans feel! 

Glad we pulled that one out! Would have been a crushing loss

Not sure why we cant discuss the pros AND the cons in a post game thread. Perhaps we should split the thread into a sunshine celebration thread and a realistic post game thread

Thought playcalling was better overall with a couple of drives still lacking. A lot easier to work on improving after a big win and I will take it! Dropped passes hurt the offense too. A chance to improve redzone offense and get better without the pressure of a 1-3 start....there is hope....

We still have major problems on the O side of the ball in terms of scheme and coaching.  But any win against LSU is a very good win.  I will enjoy it.  We have two cupcakes next.

wde

I thought it was an illegal forward pass too.  But then I looked up the rule.  If any part of his body is still behind the line it's not an illegal forward pass.  His foot is clearly behind the line.

5 minutes ago, cammycam2 said:

Not sure why we cant discuss the pros AND the cons in a post game thread. Perhaps we should split the thread into a sunshine celebration thread and a realistic post game thread

Because...

Love Ou rplayers.

Hate our Coaches

and 

I want Malzahn fired more than ever. i love our players. They fought their asses off to deliver a win despite the inept coaching. LSU is lousy. We have a quarterback that can win and the best defense in ages. We would have stomped LSU with just average coaching.

...is over the top.  Discuss not scoring TDs in the red zone.  Discuss some specific play calls.  But "hate our coaches" and "I want Malzahn fired more than ever" isn't discussing pros and cons.  It's just being an ass.

we beat an SEC team that will likely finish either 8-4 or maybe 9-3. The good guys won tonight and that is all that matters to me.  I hope that this will be the beginning of a nice season from here on in. The young men played their hearts out on this one. They deserve all of the positive accolades we can give them.  I hate to see LSU fire Les Miles, but this might happen regardless of the outcome of the rest of the season.

10 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

LOL. Brad is so funny. Loves to interact with AU fans on FB. I love the video he did when he went into a store and just swiped all of the UGA shirts off the shelves onto the floor and walked out. 

Archived