2-2...

bigbird

...In September. It has been ugly and we should be 3-1 possibly 4-0, but if people asked if you would take 2-2 at the end of September before the season started many of us would've said yes.  This win was ugly...very ugly. We left way too many points on the field and had way too many dropped passes, missed blocks and other miscues. However, we fond a way to win, which is always better than the alternative.   I hope we continue to improve and play calling gets better, but I have my doubts. That said, I'm sitting here thinking about 2-2 and not as upset as I could've been. The season is salvageable. Improvement is greatly needed, but winning sure as heck feels good.

Whether coincidence or not the almost 2 year old slide that the team has been in since the Texas A&M game of '14 seemed to be started with a hard luck finish for a team of never say die players and coaches. Let's hope this is the game that these players can look at and say that it all started with that crazy game against LSU and they have nothing but good times ahead. War Eagle. 

Very difficult schedule so far. We've not played well at all but if A&M wins tonight our losses will be to 2 top ten teams and both are New Yr day caliber.  

We moved the ball great between the 20's tonight but that is not getting it done

14 minutes ago, AU_Engineer said:

I'm still in disbelief. We Les Miled Les Miles ??

Well, Les gets a consolation. I'm given to understand that he finds the turf at Jordan-Hare delicious and worth the trip all by itself. 

13 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Whether coincidence or not the almost 2 year old slide that the team has been in since the Texas A&M game of '14 seemed to be started with a hard luck finish for a team of never say die players and coaches. Let's hope this is the game that these players can look at and say that it all started with that crazy game against LSU and they have nothing but good times ahead. War Eagle. 

Could be a turning point for a team looking to grow up, that's for sure. I also didn't see much of anything that was not fixable as far as red zone issues, so if the offense can get those issues ironed out and the defense keeps playing at this level, better days are not too far ahead.

20 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I agree the only thing that makes me made is " we should be undefeated" WDE

Not sure about undefeated, but a strong probably for a  3 - 1 record.

5 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Not sure about undefeated, but a strong probably for a  3 - 1 record.

Yup. Two shots into the end zone to end the Clemson game. If we connect on either one and Legatron makes the PAT, AU wins that game and this season has a whole different flavor.

One W doesn't change my outlook on the deficiencies in the program, but I sure as hell am going to celebrate the W regardless. Congrats to the coaches and players and hopefully this skeptic is proven completely wrong the rest of the season! War Damn!

I feel most thought we would be 2-2

However most felt the win would be against Texas A&M and not LSU.

I sure didnt think we win either! I have never been so happy to be wrong before! 

WDE from Eugene Oregon!

5 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

How big was this win? Think about this for a moment-

IF Ark beats aTm, then we control our own destiny for Atlanta. 

Yep, but it's a long shot (TAMU would need two SEC loses). 

One game at a time.

But Arky is playing well!

I have to say play calling was better. A few plays that did not work I thought were actually good calls. Better blocking in the red zone or someone making a play would have made things look a lot different. Of course some did leave me scratching my head. That being said, maybe there can be hope this year. If the young recivers can step up and become play makers on the outside and they allow SW to throw the ball to them the o may look a lot different by years end. Very conservative most of the night. Especially in the red zone. Looked like they wanted to make sure they got points in the second half and not risk turning the ball over. 2 and 2 may not be to bad if they can build on tonight. 

It's only taken me an hour to smile (and it lasted for a good 1/2 second). But, never the less...I smiled. It will take massive play calling changes to finish better than 7-5. 6-6 likely causes at very least wholesale changes, if not all out mutiny. But, there's a chance :yay: SEC win against a "top 20" team. It's definitely "Miles" ahead of last week :bananadance:

11 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

How big was this win? Think about this for a moment-

IF Ark beats aTm, then we control our own destiny for Atlanta. 

:jossun::ucrazy::bow::laugh:

Actually, if us and aTm win out after a supposed loss to Arky, we don't. aTm would have 1 loss also and win the head to head against us 

:nopityA:

34 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Well, Les gets a consolation. I'm given to understand that he finds the turf at Jordan-Hare delicious and worth the trip all by itself. 

That's because I took my dog over on that sideline the other night and let him pee on it right where Les stands.  

Can the Wildcat offense with KJ at the goal line....he is either going to give it to the sweep action or fake in and run it...now everyone just lines up and comes after him

Just now, Tiger41 said:

You can keep Tubs.. 2 trips to the NC in 6 years... I'll take that over a mediocre record all day long.

Don't forgive we doubled up on SEC Championships as well! ;)

I saw one kid who found a whole new level of serious tonight was KJ. After he got stuffed at the 1/2 yard line to end the half, he came out running angry. I think he might have leveled up tonight.

8 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Can the Wildcat offense with KJ at the goal line....he is either going to give it to the sweep action or fake in and run it...now everyone just lines up and comes after him

I don't mind that, but put Pettaway back there with him for the zone read or option. 

Archived