Let's talk about Sean

bigbird

4 minutes ago, selias said:

You're right. It's an OL and coaching problem

Problems last year as well that people didn't mention....But it's ok to say sw makes mistakes too....

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cole256 said:

Problems last year as well that people didn't mention....But it's ok to say sw makes mistakes too....

Oh, I absolutely agree. SW certainly makes mistakes, but every player makes mistakes. It when people start blaming SW for continued OL breakdowns and baffling play calls that I have a problem.

I think we can all agree that Sean has improved every game....That's the most important thing so we really can't say he can't win games...we really don't know his ceiling yet because he's still improving

I believe one area where SW can improve is seeing the entire field and executing quicker on passing plays. I believe it was on the play where he was sacked near the goal (could be wrong) but if he would have been quicker on the read and thrown the ball to the back corner of the end zone it would have been a td.

1 minute ago, creed said:

I believe one area where SW can improve is seeing the entire field and executing quicker on passing plays. I believe it was on the play where he was sacked near the goal (could be wrong) but if he would have been quicker on the read and thrown the ball to the back corner of the end zone it would have been a td.

Are you talking about the play where he rolled out to his left and his primary read was gone? IMO, the smart play was to take the sack rather than try to throw across his body into the end zone.

Just now, selias said:

Oh, I absolutely agree. SW certainly makes mistakes, but every player makes mistakes. It when people start blaming SW for continued OL breakdowns and baffling play calls that I have a problem.

People pointing out every single drop and every time he has pressure irks me. These are things all qb's go through as well. And when he does makes a mistake it's the wr ran the wrong way, or the play call was dumb, or my favorite last year was that was a good int he threw....

It irks me to be very hard on everybody else, but super easy on him. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

People pointing out every single drop and every time he has pressure irks me. These are things all qb's go through as well. And when he does makes a mistake it's the wr ran the wrong way, or the play call was dumb, or my favorite last year was that was a good int he threw....

It irks me to be very hard on everybody else, but super easy on him. 

I'd wager the people going very easy on him is a reaction to the people critiquing everything about SW up to how his shoes may be tied. JJ is done, everyone knows it. JFIII can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside, Woody isn't ready and Tyler seems to have injury problems.

16 minutes ago, selias said:

That's how I feel too.

18 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

My understanding of the game is fine. Just keep on with "if the receivers didn't drop so many TDs, our RZ offense would be fine" excuse. Don't worry, I'll call it a "reason" next time.

So do you not think receivers dropping passes that are easily catchable while in the end zone isn't problematic? I don't get you. I list some of the real deficiencies, yet you just seem to gloss over them. You always say critique everyone equally, so why are you turning a blind eye to the rest and only focusing on Sean with regards to the RZ problems.

@cole256 as irksome as it is to you about the perceived amount of criticism doled out to everyone, it is equally irksome to not hold everyone as accountable as some hold Sean.

I believe there are a lot of problems with our redzone O and, because of the disproportionate amount of runs to passes, I believe the QB, no matter who it were to be, would be towards the bottom of the list of causes.

That's it for me today on this subject. War Eagle!

1 minute ago, selias said:

I'd wager the people going very easy on him is a reaction to the people critiquing everything about SW up to how his shoes may be tied. JJ is done, everyone knows it. JFIII can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside, Woody isn't ready and Tyler seems to have injury problems.

Bull. People are on him because they hear, "SW would've been near perfect if it wasn't for his receivers" every game! They even choose to ignore the missed touchdown throws!

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So do you not think receivers dropping passes that are easily catchable while in the end zone isn't problematic?

I think they are problems that allow bigger problems to compound on each other. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Bull. People are on him because they hear, "SW would've been near perfect if it wasn't for his receivers" every game! They even choose to ignore the missed touchdown throws!

I have yet to see anyone claim such thing.

People have said he needs to improve his deep ball accuracy, overthrows are a problem, he needs to learn to stop taking big hits, get through his progressions a little faster, etc...

Your dislike of SW is distorting reality for you or perhaps you're just argumentative because your preferred QB isn't playing.

Your dislike of SW

No such dislike. Don't be ridiculous.

I have yet to see anyone claim such thing.

That doesn't mean it's not being said. You haven't been on here much if you haven't heard it ad nauseam.  Somebody said it last night and I responded in kind by saying "I couldn't care less if SW's completion percentage is near perfect... I'd happily take 12-24 passing with three touchdowns."

I'm done for the day as well. War Eagle.

32 minutes ago, selias said:

You're right. It's an OL and coaching problem

see how we blame everyone when the QB is a issue or his inability to not be a fit.  it is the fact that he isn't DT. Our tiny playbook is being used the same way it would be used if NM or Cam were there.  this is what make SW look average or below average especially in the RZ. Have you ever noticed that he eyes are always on one person.  he doesn't make reads he just stares down the middle of the field. 

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I haven't heard that so I must be listening to the wrong people or maybe I'm hard of hearing.  Who are these people?

1 minute ago, autan said:

I haven't heard that so I must be listening to the wrong people or maybe I'm hard of hearing.  Who are these people?

he's right and SW misses a lot of throws and also doesn't find open guys he looks one way the entire time.

1 minute ago, willieguns said:

see how we blame everyone when the QB is a issue or his inability to not be a fit.  it is the fact that he isn't DT. Our tiny playbook is being used the same way it would be used if NM or Cam were there.  this is what make SW look average or below average especially in the RZ. 

Thanks for agreeing that it's a coaching problem. Cam and Nick aren't coming back through that door. If the coaches can't adapt their offense to the players they recruited, that's a problem with the coaches. SW can only execute the plays he's given and I'd say he's done an admirable job thus far this season.

I think it's a combination...

SW is missing some throws / off on some he SHOULD make... and the receivers are dropping some throws they SHOULD catch BUT...

SW has made some very good throws and I think is getting better (think maybe he's pressing and trying to be TOO perfect on throws sometimes... and also sometimes he sees an open receiver or an almost SURE big gain / touchdown throw and gets way too excited and over throws a sure one... needs to let some ice run through his veins ala Nick Marshall who was THE coolest under pressure I think I've ever seen)

and although the receivers are dropping a few sure ones they need to catch... they are also making some incredible ones and helping SW out.

The pass SW threw for a big gain to Slayton I think it was was behind him just a bit, Slayton made an adjustment MID AIR caught it in stride and got about 15 or so more YAC.

So the receivers are helping SW out some too... I think SW just needs to relax and not try to be so perfect, stay loose and get it in the ball park and trust his receivers to make the plays... then the receivers need to make the sure ones more consistently to give SW the confidence in them not to have to press and be so perfect...

So I think it's a get one the same page / combination kinda thing...  and I think they get better.

2 minutes ago, willieguns said:

he's right and SW misses a lot of throws and also doesn't find open guys he looks one way the entire time.

Back up a sec. I want to confirm what I think you're saying here. Are you claiming that SW isn't reading the field and is locking on to receivers?

8 minutes ago, willieguns said:

see how we blame everyone when the QB is a issue or his inability to not be a fit.  it is the fact that he isn't DT. Our tiny playbook is being used the same way it would be used if NM or Cam were there.  this is what make SW look average or below average especially in the RZ. Have you ever noticed that he eyes are always on one person.  he doesn't make reads he just stares down the middle of the field. 

Dumb...just dumb.

Sean' reads and work through his progressions is one of his assets.

In  fact all last year you called him captain check down.  How is that possible if he can't read or work his progressions? You're a joke.

Think SW is amped up... needs to calm down, relax and stay loose.. I also think he's getting better at making reads and the game is slowing down for him... if he can get on the same page with a few of the receivers and they trust him, and he them... watch out.

2 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

Think SW is amped up... needs to calm down, relax and stay loose.. I also think he's getting better at making reads and the game is slowing down for him... if he can get on the same page with a few of the receivers and they trust him, and he them... watch out.

I agree. He's progressing quite well.

8 minutes ago, selias said:

Back up a sec. I want to confirm what I think you're saying here. Are you claiming that SW isn't reading the field and is locking on to receivers?

watch him and tell me he isn't focus on the middle of the field. 

Just now, willieguns said:

watch him and tell me he isn't focus on the middle of the field. 

You mean using his eyes to move or hold the safeties? Weird...

2 minutes ago, selias said:

I agree. He's progressing quite well.

he's in the same situation as JJ from last year and half the group wanted to bench him and or transfer.  JJ was a 3rd year player and now SW is too.  SW is being protected by a new and improved defense too.  he isn't being asked to do as much as JJ. 

You really think the defense last year didn't protect JJ but they are protecting Sean this year. Thats funny. What is even funnier is you think that was the problem. Good Lord. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Archived