Let's talk about Sean

bigbird

Just now, DAG said:

Hey jackwagon, I know it is not 2013, 2014. A poster asked why do so many people want to associate AU with the read option. I said because we were very successful with it and it took us to the NC in 2013.

Man,,,you skipped right over the bolded part about your disingenuity, so here it is again:  "SW didn't do it by himself. Too many SW fans around here. KJ led in Receiving and Rushing yards, but SW did it all by himself SMH. "

That was you, right? Yeah.

And. Jackwagon? That's someone without an argument trying to make one.  <PLONK! FLUSH! That's better.>

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Man,,,you skipped right over the bolded part about your disingenuity, so here it is again:  "SW didn't do it by himself. Too many SW fans around here. KJ led in Receiving and Rushing yards, but SW did it all by himself SMH. "

That was you, right? Yeah.

And. Jackwagon? That's someone without an argument trying to make one.  <PLONK! FLUSH! That's better.>

Umm, look at my second response to you. You aren't even making any sense. There is no argument. You butted into one of my responses to another poster talking about 2013,2014 like I randomly threw it out there. I was trying to provide a valid reason as to why many AU fans appeal to that offense.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

How is Missouri?

Surely you don't believe we'd have been better off without SW? Who's the QB if not SW? Franklin? If he was capable, he'd be starting.

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

LSU talent with a high octane offense is scary. We're in trouble if LSU gets either one of them

LSU has reached out to both Herman and Briles agents.  If they get either one of them, we are instantly behind the power curve.  I hope the PTB are proactive with a potential HC opportunity.

1 minute ago, jknighton said:

Surely you don't believe we'd have been better off without SW? Who's the QB if not SW? Franklin? If he was capable, he'd be starting.

Of course not. But you honestly believe SW drove the ball down the field by himself every time. No, he had KJ making good plays. I specifically remember Slayton making a great grab on 3rd and long to extend the drive. SW also made good plays. He didn't drive by himself.  KJ had one drive where he completely went men vs boys and trucked an LSU safety. 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

How is Missouri?

he only has one int because they wont let him throw much. other teams let their qb throw it up. stats dont always compare apples to apples and alot of times stats dont mean sh$$!

1 minute ago, Tiger Scout said:

he only has one int because they wont let him throw much. other teams let their qb throw it up. stats dont always compare apples to apples and alot of times stats dont mean sh$$!

Ehh, he has been deadly accurate and has played very well. Again, let it be known that I am not hating on SW. I just think his ceiling is Brandon Allen. I believe we can win against MSU, Vandy, Arkansas and UGA with him leading the offense and the defense playing great. We will not beat Ole miss or Bama, if we cannot put up multiple TDs.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Of course not. But you honestly believe SW drove the ball down the field by himself every time. No, he had KJ making good plays. I specifically remember Slayton making a great grab on 3rd and long to extend the drive. SW also made good plays. He didn't drive by himself.  KJ had one drive where he completely went men vs boys and trucked an LSU safety. 

Come on man...I'm not that big of a SW fanboy to say he won that game by himself. My point was with JFIII or JJ or WB in at QB, we don't win that game. Is he the savior of Auburn Football? No! But HE'S THE BEST QB WE'VE GOT RIGHT NOW! 

1 minute ago, jknighton said:

Come on man...I'm not that big of a SW fanboy to say he won that game by himself. My point was with JFIII or JJ or WB in at QB, we don't win that game. Is he the savior of Auburn Football? No! But HE'S THE BEST QB WE'VE GOT RIGHT NOW! 

Never said that you did. I said he wasn't the sole reason that we were able to drive the ball down the field. Other guys made plays that cumulated into those drives being extended, whether it was SW, KJ or Stevens making a grab ( he had drops but without him, we don't extend drives). A couple of the freshman also made pretty good plays. 

He is by FAR the best we have. You will not hear me say SW is not accurate. You will not hear me say SW is not tough. I have always said that he will not win you many games or lose you many games. 

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ehh, he has been deadly accurate and has played very well. Again, let it be known that I am not hating on SW. I just think his ceiling is Brandon Allen. I believe we can win against MSU, Vandy, Arkansas and UGA with him leading the offense and the defense playing great. We will not beat Ole miss or Bama, if we cannot put up multiple TDs.

This is my sentiment on our situation. Honestly, Arkansas is a toss up at this point with me leaning towards a loss. Unless we improve we're looking at 7-5 IMO.

7 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Come on man...I'm not that big of a SW fanboy to say he won that game by himself...

I know DAG keeps throwing that out there, that apparently some of us have been saying SW won it by himself, but dang if I have seen anyone claim anything like that. Have you?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

He is by FAR the best we have. You will not hear me say SW is not accurate. You will not hear me say SW is not tough. I have always said that he will not win you many games or lose you many games. 

I can't argue with any of that...

14 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I know DAG keeps throwing that out there, that apparently some of us have been saying SW won it by himself, but dang if I have seen anyone claim anything like that. Have you?

Please stop making yourself look silly. I never once said SW won it by himself. A man without an argument has to lie, I guess. <Plunk,Flush>

1 hour ago, jknighton said:

Tied at #11...and that stat definitely matters, but he also has only 1 INT, so we're talking about someone getting only what the defense gives him. How many times has he been sacked/pressured? Who's calling the plays? These are also things you take into consideration. If the OLine isn't giving him time to throw, then how can he throw TD's? If Gus/Rhett aren't trusting him in the RZ how can he throw TD's? 

I'm not saying let's crown him QB until he graduates/moves on, but for God's sake give credit where it's due! How many points would we have scored without Sean moving the ball against LSU? Last I recall he had more yards than our wonderful read-option running game.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Because the read-option offense took us to the 2013 NC game, averaged 39.5 PPG IN 2013 & 35.5 PPG in 2014 with it.  Also, the team moved the ball. SW didn't do it by himself. Too many SW fans around here. KJ led in Receiving and Rushing yards, but SW did it all by himself SMH.

11 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Meh, it sounds like a misunderstanding. He quoted me saying "Sean drove the ball down the field" when of course I only meant that Sean was the QB of the offense when we moved the ball down the field. He didn't mean anything by it, and I didn't take it personal.

1 hour ago, jknighton said:

How many points would we have scored without Sean moving the ball against LSU? 

@DAG Obviously you don't take this as I believe Sean did it by himself, but you keep quoting it so I have to ask?

22 minutes ago, jknighton said:

This is my sentiment on our situation. Honestly, Arkansas is a toss up at this point with me leaning towards a loss. Unless we improve we're looking at 7-5 IMO.

I am just not on the Arkansas Bandwagon. I believe the game Arkansas wants to play matches up very well to what our team identity is this year. Not to mention, we will be coming off of a bye and they would've had just played Ole miss and Bama. Plus we are at home. That finally counts it seems.

Just now, jknighton said:

@DAG Obviously you don't take this as I believe Sean did it by himself, because you do continue to quote it, but you keep quoting it so I have to ask?

No, I believe what you were saying was that SW gave us the best opportunity to continue to do that at the QB position which I agree. He does do that for us. I just had to reference it because one poster keeps misconstruing my words as a way to cause an argument about SW. Me and you are in agreement.

Just now, DAG said:

No, I believe what you were saying was that SW gave us the best opportunity to continue to do that at the QB position which I agree. He does do that for us. I just had to reference it because one poster keeps misconstruing my words as a way to cause an argument about SW. Me and you are in agreement.

Lol, that's what I wasn't understanding.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am just not on the Arkansas Bandwagon. I believe the game Arkansas wants to play matches up very well to what our team identity is this year. Not to mention, we will be coming off of a bye and they would've had just played Ole miss and Bama. Plus we are at home. That finally counts it seems.

Im not on it either, but our inability to score is why I'm concerned. 

2 hours ago, jknighton said:

Meh, it sounds like a misunderstanding. He quoted me saying "Sean drove the ball down the field" when of course I only meant that Sean was the QB of the offense when we moved the ball down the field. He didn't mean anything by it, and I didn't take it personal.

Wait, you mean to tell me that this entire brouhaha with DAG is because you said "Sean drove the ball down the field" which DAG has been hollering to mean "You people think SW did this all be himself"? Wow.

I asked DAG for an example of folks claiming "SW did it all by himself" and now I truly understand that he didn't provide an example if that because none existed. (And to DAG, as far as people "misconstruing"  your posts, maybe it would not be a bad idea to do a better job of explaining WTH you are talking about when someone -- like me -- that sees your comments and takes them verbatim doesn't understand.  Remember this: The meaning of communication is the response that you get. If you get a bad response, perhaps you're not effectuively communicating.)

5 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Wait, you mean to tell me that this entire brouhaha with DAG is because you said "Sean drove the ball down the field" which DAG has been hollering to mean "You people think SW did this all be himself"? Wow.

I asked DAG for an example of folks claiming "SW did it all by himself" and now I truly understand that he didn't provide an example if that because none existed. (And to DAG, as far as people "misconstruing"  your posts, maybe it would not be a bad idea to do a better job of explaining WTH you are talking about when someone -- like me -- that sees your comments and takes them verbatim doesn't understand.  Remember this: The meaning of communication is the response that you get. If you get a bad response, perhaps you're not effectuively communicating.)

Not necessarily....some folks here have a talent for twisting a comment to suit their agenda or purpose....the nature of this forum...and maybe all open forums of this type?

10 hours ago, Tiger Scout said:

get use to it. we will play for field goals all year long. 

But I don't want to get used to it.:sad2:

This already may have been stated, but right now Sean White is 66% for the season which ranks 2nd in the SEC and 22nd nationally.  Not bad.  He deserves some credit for what he is doing (against some really good defenses to boot).

Archived