Horton's back....Officially

JC Cool

yea...i saw that too. is there any chance we get stamper back? i just haven't heard anything else about him

141577[/snapback]

I doubt it. Stamper always wanted to be a Gator. Zook didn't recruit him, Meyer is recruiting him hard. It would be like one of us growing up wanting to be a Tiger, not being offered, and then being offered late.

yea...i saw that too. is there any chance we get stamper back? i just haven't heard anything else about him

141577[/snapback]

I doubt it. Stamper always wanted to be a Gator. Zook didn't recruit him, Meyer is recruiting him hard. It would be like one of us growing up wanting to be a Tiger, not being offered, and then being offered late.

141580[/snapback]

I just find the whole situation odd. Stamper was a highly ranked LB prospect.

Zook's forte was supposed to be recruiting. How could he miss on a Jax-ville blue-chipper who's been dreaming of being a Gator since he was a child? No wonder he was fired.

i was wondering why UF wasn't goin after him for a while. i'm not sayin we need him with the LB class that we are gettin so far, but i'm sure he could be really good.

From what I've read, (for some reason) we're not going to fight for Stamper. I think Stamper was kind of a sleeper in the Florida market. UF was the only big Florida school to offer him. I think when I first started watching him, he was 3 star (and that's not good enough for 'em Florida schools). But I think he started getting more attention once Channing Crowder decided to go pro. That's when UF offered him and he couldn't turn that down I guess.

Archived