On pace for...

War Knight

Just looking at Kerryon's stats made me think about what everyone is currently on pace to do.

Kerryon Johnson

371  rushing yards, 4 rushing TDs

70 yards receiving

Pace for:

1,113 rushing yards, 12 TDs

210 receiving yards

-------------------------------------------------

Kamryn Pettway

336 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD

5 yards receiving

Pace for:

1,008 yards rushing, 3 rushing TDs

15 yards receiving

Sean White

64-97, 66% completion,  3 TDs, 1 int, 744 yards passing, 47 yards rushing

Pace for:

192-291, 66% completion, 9 TDs, 3 ints, 2,232 yards passing, 141 yards rushing

--------------------------------------------------

Tony Stevens

235 yards receiving, 2 receiving TDs

Pace for:

705 yards receiving, 6 receiving TDs

Daniel Carlson

8/8 extra points made, 1/1 FGs from 1-19 yards, 3/3 FGs from 20-29 yards, 5/5 FGs from 30-39 yards, 1/1 from 40-49 yards, 2/2 from 50+ yards. Totaling a whopping: 44 points.

Pace for:

24/24 extra points, 3 FGs from 1-19 yds, 9 FGS from 20-29 yds, 15 FGs made from 30-39 yds, 3 FGs made from 40-49, 6 FGs made from 50+. For a total of 132 points.

Just some interesting numbers to discuss and mull over. Tired of not having a 1,000 yard receiver worth mentioning in decades. Also, I am pleasently surprised to see that we have two running backs on page for 1,000+ yards.

Really thought we'd get a 1000 yard guy the previous two years....Duke maybe could've got it if Marshall was given a chance to just destroy offenses like Alabama. That Georgia embarassment didn't help him or Sammie either. 2015...man. Definitely didn't expect it this year and for Stevens to come so close with the hands he's been.... gifted, I'll take it

Nice numbers.  And those are if no one steps up their game.  I think Stevens will correct the drops.  I also think Sean will have a potentially higher completion ratio, sine he has been lights out for 3 games, but is having to make up for the Clemson disaster.

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Nice numbers.  And those are if no one steps up their game.  I think Stevens will correct the drops.  I also think Sean will have a potentially higher completion ratio, sine he has been lights out for 3 games, but is having to make up for the Clemson disaster.

SW was ineffective against TAM and it wasn't his fault. How in the hell has he played lights out the past three games though? We need to start scoring touchdowns before all of that hyperbole.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

SW was ineffective against TAM and it wasn't his fault. How in the hell has he played lights out the past three games though? We need to start scoring touchdowns before all of that hyperbole.

66% completion ratio, Jeffrey.  Sean has no control over the plays that are called. He executes and executes well. The fact that some people refuse to believe that after watching the games baffles me, but hey, continue to hate away if that makes you feel better.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

66% completion ratio, Jeffrey.  Sean has no control over the plays that are called. He executes and executes well. The fact that some people refuse to believe that after watching the games baffles me, but hey, continue to hate away if that makes you feel better.

How is that hating? His completion percentage against A&M was high but the average completion was 4.7 yards! That's not lights out. That's nothing.

Pump the brakes.

We can't play like we did against LSU and win any of our remaining SEC games except maybe Vanderbilt. That red zone offense was awful. I had been saying it all off-season that Sean White cannot produce in the red zone. He's proving that again in the first four games of the season. (Exception of Arkansas St)

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

How is that hating? His completion percentage against A&M was high but the average completion was 4.7 yards! That's not lights out. That's nothing.

Pump the brakes.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Pump the brakes.

Right. I mean, lets be honest with ourselves. Many of those completions are fluff simply for the fact that he's throwing a screen or quick throw out to the sideline to a receiver. He made some good intermediate throws but his deep ball accuracy is nonexistent. The kid does ENOUGH but he's not a world beater.

6 minutes ago, logan adams said:

We can't play like we did against LSU and win any of our remaining SEC games except maybe Vanderbilt. That red zone offense was awful. I had been saying it all off-season that Sean White cannot produce in the red zone. He's proving that again in the first four games of the season. (Exception of Arkansas St)

SW is handcuffed in the redzone still. @Tiger and I had a conversation a month ago that having Kerryon as the wildcat at the goal line will hurt us because everybody and their momma will know it's a run play. Why does Gus still feel that play is more effective than having a pass/run option? 

@Malcolm_FleX48 chime in on this as well.

10 minutes ago, logan adams said:

What is Sean not doing in the red zone? It's play calling, not Sean.

7 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Right. I mean, lets be honest with ourselves. Many of those completions are fluff simply for the fact that he's throwing a screen or quick throw out to the sideline to a receiver. He made some good intermediate throws but his deep ball accuracy is nonexistent. The kid does ENOUGH but he's not a world beater.

He's about 50% on deep throws. We've had some bad drops on those too. What I don't understand is how people don't get that he doesn't choose the play, he just executes it.  and he's doing so at a higher accuracy level than most QBs in the ncaa. Sean had 2 bad passes yesterday... TWO.

We have to get our big young recivers involved in the red zone for SW to be successful. There is a big difference in a QB when he has a big tall recover he can throw a jump ball to in the end zone. If someone can be that guy we may all be talking about how great SW is. How good would Manzel have been without throwing at Evens ( I believe that was his name)? Hoping K Davis can turn into this guy.

It seemed like SW could have kept the ball a couple times and just walked in the end zone.  I wonder if those we called handoffs.  

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

What is Sean not doing in the red zone? It's play calling, not Sean.

We agree it is largely playcalling. But if we have a "lights out" QB why are not letting him play lights out in the RZ? In other words what is Gus guarding against when he decides against not dialing one up for SW in the redzone? 

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

He's about 50% on deep throws. We've had some bad drops on those too. What I don't understand is how people don't get that he doesn't choose the play, he just executes it.  and he's doing so at a higher accuracy level than most QBs in the ncaa. Sean had 2 bad passes yesterday... TWO.

Oh, I'm not excusing the play calling because I think the play calling is horrible. And the coaches need to put him and the offense in a better position to be successful.

5 minutes ago, wildlife alumni said:

We have to get our big young recivers involved in the red zone for SW to be successful. There is a big difference in a QB when he has a big tall recover he can throw a jump ball to in the end zone. If someone can be that guy we may all be talking about how great SW is. How good would Manzel have been without throwing at Evens ( I believe that was his name)? Hoping K Davis can turn into this guy.

I'd kill to see an average quick slant or a drag turn into 7 points in the redzone without all the rolling around and trickery. 

52 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Pump the brakes.

Why was his YPA against aTm only 4.7? Might it be because Myles Garrett (and that other DE for aTm) were basically living in the AU backfield at the snap and Sean had little to no time to operate except to just try and get rid of the ball before getting creamed?  Seems to me  that's a distinct possibility based on the aTm@AU game I watched.  Also, if you go back to last week and listen to the coaches, you'll hear over and over that Sean did a really good job overall in that game. And ya know, that must be so given that in last night's Hot Seat Bowl at Jordan-Hare, Malzahn and Lashlee hitched their wagon to Sean White and gave up on the whole "Bring in JFIII for two plays, now put Sean back in on 3rd and 10!" madness.

8 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Why was his YPA against aTm only 4.7? Might it be because Myles Garrett (and that other DE for aTm) were basically living in the AU backfield at the snap and Sean had little to no time to operate except to just try and get rid of the ball before getting creamed?

No. The reason is because we constantly threw quick outs to the WRs. Even if what you said was true, it's irrelevant. Because my whole point is that SW didn't play lights out. 4.7 ypc and lights out doesn't compute. Lights out is an idiom that basically means "leveling up," "playing out of this world," "playing like a man possessed." Basically what KJ did last night in the second half.

Sean White certainly hasn't played lights out. Outside of the Arkansas St game, he has been no better than adequate. Some of you guys are a hoot though--if White doesn't play well it must be because of injury, play-calling, or the players around him--it couldn't possibly be because he is, at best, an average FBS QB.

On the flip side, if we can't score on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 running the ball, or our receivers drop a pass, it's all on Sean.  Or if the coaches routinely call WR screens, its Sean's fault his ypc is so low.

53 minutes ago, bigbird said:

On the flip side, if we can't score on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 running the ball, or our receivers drop a pass, it's all on Sean.  Or if the coaches routinely call WR screens, its Sean's fault his ypc is so low.

Finally you understand...:)

48 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Distort people's arguments?  When have we ever said it was his fault that he was running a weak playbook.

If your buddy is going to call SW's game "lights out" even though he was removed from the game for being ineffective and having an average completion rate of 4.7 yards, then I guess your fanboy camp is willing to believe anything. 

Pot meet kettle?

Jeffery, why is it that you soley focus on SW's play in the RZ? Why do you continue and refuse to acknowledge that out of the 4 offensive groups (qb,rb,ol,wr), the play in the RZ has been least affected by the QB. Why do you bring up YPC, but refuse to accept that play calls are the biggest reason for that? Would you be okay if he missed those short screens? How about be glad we finally have a QB that you can count on him to make that throw.

Does Sean need to work on his deep ball? Yes, but to blame him for YPC is laughable. As well is the reiteration of the "he hasn't thrown TDs in the RZ" argument without acknowledging that there haven't been many passes called in the RZ and when they have been, there have been for sure TDs that have been dropped or missed blocks that lead to untimely sacks.

Your "group" refuses to understand that the TEAM struggles in the RZ not one player. I say that Because you and others continue to blame SW while ignoring the other problems that plague the offense in the RZ.

Is SW the end all be all? No. Is he getting better and being effective? Absolutely. 

Is SW the end all be all? No. Is he getting better and being effective? Absolutely

The guy is basically still in his first year of playing QB...gotta believe his best years are in the future...though watching some of the other QBs in the league, JMO but I would rather have SW right now than most of the other ones out there.  SEC QBs are not lighting it up this year.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:57 AM, lionheartkc said:

Lights out?  Are you kidding me?  Dude has been average at best he missed wide open targets also threw to the wrong guy several times.  He hasn't showed up in real games.  I guess you consider Arkansas state equal competition.  Either we kick a FG in the Redzone or run it in with the backs...Lights out..+

Archived