Cole's thoughts (LSU)

cole256

This will be another short one....we won! That's all I care about. I didn't do one of these last game because I was so upset and I know I'm not a favorite of the admin guys do i didn't want to get kicked off.

I think pretty much everybody improved this game. That is good that we haven't reached a ceiling yet. Qb made some good throws missed some throws but more good than bad. Wr had some drops but they they bailed the qb out of plays as well. I've been down on the o line but they played better I think. Like I said hope they start to gel. And not to make excuses but let's call a spade a spade they just had back to back games against Garrett and Arden key who orgeron said may be the best he's had so far.....really think about that and think about who he's had to coach....that's HUGE praise. 

I made the over reacting thread after last week lost probably need to do another one after this win. If you don't try to make the guys all world before you've really had enough time....I mean at least let them have two or three games in a row before doing that then disappointment won't be so bad when they make some mistakes. At least my opinion.

To make another step we need to be better in the redzone, we also have to improve with down field throws. That will open everything up more. When I say that I'm saying the qb AND the wr's so nobody get mad at a critique that involves the qb please. If I didn't know anything else about football I know how db's approach the game and what they think about and you have to play a completely different game when you know all areas of the field may be attacked. 

We have a win against a quality team. I like to think that another couple of those that will show that we are a quality team and a&m isn't bad at all and we actually should've or at least could've beat them. 

Was disappointed in the plays in the redzone but glad to get a victory.    Lsu is not that good.   I will reserve judgment on the offense until after these next three games. AU needs to go against any tendencies that they have shown in the redzone these last 3 years to be successful.  It doesn't appear that AU is a big play potential type team, so far.   

Archived