Upon Further Review - LSU

StatTiger

24 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Agree with Iron Man and Weagle1..does anyone believe that with Lashlee now calling plays that we will finally begin to try and play with a full playbook? I am still hoping we will, but the time is now!

Actually, if we just eliminate the retard plays (Cox Carousel, statue of liberty handoff after fake pass, bubble screens with no blocking, WR routes 3 yards short of 1st down marker on 3rd down, etc) and stop running the same play over and over after it gets stopped, we could be a better than average offense.  I'd also suggest not leaving elite players unblocked or trying to block elite pass rushers with a slow OT (which both of ours are).

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Actually, if we just eliminate the specially abled plays (Cox Carousel, statue of liberty handoff after fake pass, bubble screens with no blocking, WR routes 3 yards short of 1st down marker on 3rd down, etc) and stop running the same play over and over after it gets stopped, we could be a better than average offense.  I'd also suggest not leaving elite players unblocked or trying to block elite pass rushers with a slow OT (which both of ours are).

Fixed it for ya! :big:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Actually, if we just eliminate the retard plays (Cox Carousel, statue of liberty handoff after fake pass, bubble screens with no blocking, WR routes 3 yards short of 1st down marker on 3rd down, etc) and stop running the same play over and over after it gets stopped, we could be a better than average offense.  I'd also suggest not leaving elite players unblocked or trying to block elite pass rushers with a slow OT (which both of ours are).

Boy, that really grinds my gears!

On 9/25/2016 at 1:40 PM, StatTiger said:

68.0% of Sean White's pass attempts have been targeted within 10-yards of the line of scrimmage. This is way too high when you consider he is completing 55% of his passes beyond 10-yards of the line of scrimmage compared to his 43% last season.

Maybe if the OL could give him better protection, he'd have a little more time for the longer routes to open up. Or do you think the receivers are just not getting open? Or does SW just not have the arm? Or does he not trust the WRs to be able to out-muscle the DBs? Or is it a product of the play-calling and instructions from the coaching staff to take the shorter passes, drive the field, and play ball possession football? Personally, I think this is likely on the OL.

On 9/26/2016 at 3:23 PM, JwgreDeux said:

I agree Sean White played well, but he had a few opportunities to make some throws that he chose not to attempt and ate the ball. One was in the redzone as he was rolling left and ended up taking a 6-7 yard sack. I think it was K.Davis that started in the slot and ran a post to the back corner of the endzone, and beat his man and was open (not wide open), and Sean seemed to look to him and just didn't pull the trigger. I am all for protecting the ball, but he needs to trust himself and let that ball go. 

On 9/26/2016 at 3:48 PM, CleCoTiger said:

If you're talking about the play I think you are on the roll out to the left, he never had his shoulders squared or time to get his feet set in any way to deliver that ball. I thought he should have thrown it away rather than take the sack, in his his post-game interview he said the same thing himself. But I don't know that I think he should have attempted that pass.

When watching it live, I agreed with JwgreDeux. After watching the replay, I agreed with CleCo Tiger. Rolling left, feet not set, shoulders not squared and I think he even had a defender's hand blocking his vision a bit. He didn't make the right decision, but attempting to complete the pass might've been wrongerer. (1 internet beer each to @CleCoTiger and @Tiger Refuge)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

When watching it live, I agreed with JwgreDeux. After watching the replay, I agreed with CleCo Tiger. Rolling left, feet not set, shoulders not squared and I think he even had a defender's hand blocking his vision a bit. He didn't make the right decision, but attempting to complete the pass might've been wrongerer. (1 internet beer each to @CleCoTiger and @Tiger Refuge)

Yeah he was open early and should have been thrown to where he either caught it or it went out the back of the endzone.  Of course that's easy for me to say since an UNBLOCKED Arden Key wasn't running 100 mph and about to blow me up if I don't get down.;)

• Like 1

If we win 8 or more games this season, we all need to be thankful for this and give this team a bit more credit than we seem to be holding out on. We all want to win every game we play, and this is the way it should be. When you set the bar high, players tend to respond favorably. If you set the bar in the atmosphere that no one can reach, you will come crashing down in a most negative way.

• Sean White has attempted more passes on 3rd down than any other QB in the SEC and the second fewest pass attempts on 1st down than any starting QB in the SEC. This must change for White to reach his full potential.

Yikes. Looks like an easy defensive game plan for the opposition.