Briles as OC

ScottsboroAuburnFan

so any truth to the rumors that Briles will be new OC next season? Seems several with inside contact fully believe it will happen.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/09/gus_malzahn_changes_course_aub.html

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't know now. We will beat la Monroe and we will be the greatest team to ever play again then after that...well the emotional posts will come and we'll see how bad they get

11 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

so any truth to the rumors that Briles will be new OC next season? Seems several with inside contact fully believe it will happen.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/09/gus_malzahn_changes_course_aub.html

This early Les Miles firing throws a wrench in the coaching candidate carousel IMO.  LSU is a damn good job, their Administration canned Miles to let everyone know they are open for business.  There's no telling what they are ready to pay a new staff.

17 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Kendal not Art. 

This was a rumor (DAG's scenario below) that would have been nice that it stayed under wraps until the timing is right.  Too many variables right now that can throw a wrench in this plan.

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

FWIW, Been in the works for a while. It may or may not happen, but that is the plan

Bird - you referencing Kendall or Art? Or just a "briles" in general?

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Does he like to run the ball? We are a run, play action team

One would hope that the football God Gus would get Kendal to help coordinate Kendal's passing attack/QB coaching into his running O. IF the football God Gus would do this all would be fine. 

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

KB hopefully, with Stidham in a package deal.

Gonna need Stidham starting asap. Can't take these stuck in mud offenses much longer.

18 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Gonna need Stidham starting asap. Can't take these stuck in mud offenses much longer.

Yep. I have no doubt  If Stidham gets here, there would be a new energy level from the offensive end. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

New energy will come from a new OC. IMO. 

That too, but Gus is going to have to want to heed a second opinion.

Really, Baylor rushed for almost 4300 yards last season, 5.95 avg/rush  327/game, for the last 3 years they have averaged over 250/game so take that for what it is worth

Also over 600 carries a year for at least the last 3 years.

I also remember didn't our staff go talk to the Baylor staff this summer?  

12 minutes ago, eibua12 said:

Really, Baylor rushed for almost 4300 yards last season, 5.95 avg/rush  327/game, for the last 3 years they have averaged over 250/game so take that for what it is worth

Also over 600 carries a year for at least the last 3 years.

I also remember didn't our staff go talk to the Baylor staff this summer?  

And what did our staff learn?

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Dude, that made me laugh, nicely done. 

Honest question. I agree with many of the posters here. Gus WILL have to learn to relinquish some duties and trust his coordinators. I feel like he has finally hit a point in his career where he is willing to do that, even with Lashlee. Although, I still think it is best for both parties to split.

Just now, triangletiger said:

While I am excited about the prospect of Kendall Briles coming to Auburn, I haven't given up hope that Lashlee can get the offense figured out. 

Even if he does, he needs to move on for his own career at least. 

Archived