2019 4* F Jared Jones COMMITS TO AU

kwren34

Pebblebrook forward Jared Jones traveled to Auburn Wednesday night. The sophomore from Mableton, Ga. had a message to deliver to the Tigers.
“I wanted to tell them in person and not over the phone,” Jones said. “I wanted to tell them that I’m committed.”
Jones, who stands 6-foot-9 and weighs 230 pounds, became the first commitment in Auburn’s 2019 recruiting class when he informed associate head coach Chuck Person.
“It feels great,” Jones said. “I love it at Auburn. Every time I go there I feel at home. The coaches make me feel welcome. They make me feel part of the family.”

qc06rg6gol8mfqrjxfam
Jared Jones
Power forward
4 STARS
Pebblebrook 
Mableton, GA
RR: N/A
Ht: 6'9"
Wt: 230 lbs
Class: 2019

-
POSITION

-
NATIONAL

-
STATE
Commitment status:
VERBAL COMMIT
Auburn

Jones has been a frequent visitor to Auburn. He was on campus for the Tigers’ football games against Clemson and Arkansas State. The visits have allowed Jones to develop relationships with the Auburn coaches, most notably Person and head coach Bruce Pearl.

“Coach Person always gives me tips on shooting, even when we’d go on tours around the campus, he’d give me tips,” Jones said. “Coach Pearl would, too. He always gives me tips on how to become a better player and a better person. He talks to me about keeping God first, that God can do a lot of things for me.”

Jones will join former Pebblebrook standout Jared Harper at Auburn. Harper will begin his freshman season at AU on Friday, the first day of practice. Jones plans to be there.

“I’m coming back this weekend for practice,” Jones said.

It’ll be the first time at Auburn as a commitment.

“I’m very excited,” Jones said. “It feels great.”

Jones chose Auburn over offers from North Carolina, Wake Forest, Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida, Florida State, Penn and James Madison, among others.

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/class-of-2019-4-star-forward-commits-to-auburn

Juhgrm8gbwwi6u53fgay

Edited by kwren34

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Please paste the articles with links whenever you can.

Is that more to your liking?

• Like 1

I was pumped to get Bruce but i never imagined he would be able to get this type of talent to come to AU. A truly remarkable job selling this program.

I can't start a topic, so I'll post this here about Trendon Watford, another 2019 recruit,  who just happens to be ESPN's #3 recruit

What recruit brought Bruce Pearl, John Calipari to Birmingham?

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/09/trendon_watford_of_mountain_br.html#incart_river_index

Edited by ClarkGriswold
added comment

• ellitor pinned and featured this topic
20 hours ago, CR said:

I was pumped to get Bruce but i never imagined he would be able to get this type of talent to come to AU. A truly remarkable job selling this program.

I'm really starting to worry that the NCAA is going to be breathing down our necks, looking for a reason to hammer us. You have to admit... Auburn recruiting at this level in basketball is very similar to what Ole Miss has done in football. Though I have no doubt that Bruce is doing everything he can to be completely above board, I can see them pouncing on the slightest slip-up.

Are you serious?  Nothing points to anything going on other than a dynamic coaching staff pumping life into the program.  We don't have to worry about others starting rumors. We do that in-house. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm really starting to worry that the NCAA is going to be breathing down our necks, looking for a reason to hammer us. You have to admit... Auburn recruiting at this level in basketball is very similar to what Ole Miss has done in football. Though I have no doubt that Bruce is doing everything he can to be completely above board, I can see them pouncing on the slightest slip-up.

It is very different recruiting Football vs Basketball IMO. In football you typically take 20-25 commits each year, but in Basketball if could be 3-5 recruits per year. 1 very dynamic coach can make that happen in Basketball, as that is what we have.

• Like 2

Big difference in Pearl getting his recruits and Freeze bringing in recruits. Freeze had nowhere the reputation Bruce has when he started reeling em to Ole Miss. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I had a bammer compare pearl's recruiting success to ole miss's recruiting success as well. Pearl may be cheating but I see no similarities to Freeze. Pearl has that personality that makes kids and parents both love him. He also has a resume that suggests that he knows how to win now. Freeze didn't have any of that when he started recruiting well out of nowhere. 

A lot of credit needs to go to Person as well. About every recruit we've gotten has mentioned him as a big factor. I bet he commands a lot of respect when he walks in the living room with his playing and coaching career. 

But im not too concerned with the ncaa. With Bruce's history there I'm sure he isn't taking any chances. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gravejd said:

A lot of credit needs to go to Person as well. About every recruit we've gotten has mentioned him as a big factor. I bet he commands a lot of respect when he walks in the living room with his playing and coaching career. 

But im not too concerned with the ncaa. With Bruce's history there I'm sure he isn't taking any chances. 

Chuck definitely getting groomed to be a HC, hopefully here after Bruce has had enough. 

On 10/1/2016 at 1:00 PM, gravejd said:

I bet the parents love seeing him

On 9/30/2016 at 11:12 AM, lionheartkc said:

There is nothing to worry about. Bruce is doing it with compliance still hand cuffing him with a major AAU program.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

There is nothing to worry about. Bruce is doing it with compliance still hand cuffing him with a major AAU program.

I'm not worried that anything is being done that is outside of the rules.  I'm just worried that our enemies are going to use Bruce's success as leverage to cause us more grief.

56 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm not worried that anything is being done that is outside of the rules.  I'm just worried that our enemies are going to use Bruce's success as leverage to cause us more grief.

Trust me our enemies are trying anything they can to give us grief all the time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Haha golf! You told bigbird to shut the hell up for basically saying the same thing in the jimbo fisher thread!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Haha golf! You told bigbird to shut the hell up for basically saying the same thing in the jimbo fisher thread!

I hate him plus he copies me all the time.