Trying to steal recruit

Shug2003

According to Rivals, either LSU or Ole Piss is trying now to steal Patrick Trahan. He is one I worried about all along being from Louisiana. Staytuned.

You can't lose what you NEVER had. Until they sign on the dotted line, they can go where they wish. :au:

According to Rivals, either LSU or Ole Piss is trying now to steal Patrick Trahan. He is one I worried about all along being from Louisiana. Staytuned.

141682[/snapback]

Well, IMO If Coach Tubbs would go ahead and name the New DC....Hopefully R.C., then we won't lose him..........Like I said before, If I'm a Highly Touted DE/LB/CB and I didn't know who my DC at the school that I've Verbaled to was, then yes I'd probably listen to other schools....Especially if they bring that point up time and time again.........I'm not trying to tell Coach Tubbs how to Drive the Bus, it's just my opinion.......Maybe Coach Tubbs has leaked the DC decision out to some of the Defensive Recruits.......Man, I can't wait 'til Feb. 2nd........

The fact that other schools are going after them proves that they are pretty good players. Wouldn't you think? I would hate for AU to have a signing class that no one else wanted!

The fact that other schools are going after them proves that they are pretty good players.  Wouldn't you think?  I would hate for AU to have a signing class that no one else wanted!

141711[/snapback]

No doubt about it!! This is a very good class of athletes. And if, by some miracle we sign Demps or A. Smith this class will be spectacular. There's a reason why our recruits keep turning down OM.

Hell... I think we get both Jon Demps and Antone Smith. Demps has AU and FSU at the top of his list. If you want to play on a dominating defense and for a coach who is going to be there all four years.... you sign on with Tuberville, not Pappy Bowden.

Smith may be a little more difficult to snag, but he seems like a down-to-earth guy like Carnell and Ronnie. But, it has been a while since UF, FSU, or Miami had a running back go in the first round of the draft. Auburn will have two in the first round this year, maybe two in the top 10.

As far as filling needs, this may be the best Auburn recruiting class ever. Not a lot of flashy guys, but the kind of players you build championships on.

I hope you're right, Sub_Jack. There will be some surprises on national signing day. Let's hope we're pleasantly surprised by a AS signature. But, I think it will be hard for hm to leave the stae of Florida. The one thing I like about A. Smith is the fact that he's not promising anything to anybody. He's committing then uncommitting etc. He seems like a straight shooter that has a level head. And, I heard that he has a very good work ethic. Sounds like our kind of guy. :thumbsup::au:

According to people that follow recruiting here in Florida, A. Smith is leaning to UF...Meyer has sold him on his offense, using him as a 'H' back....

He likes Auburn, but he feels it too far from home....Miami is too big...

Will be on Countdown tonight, look for him to make his feelings known....

I agree, it will be hard to get a kid out a state in which he is the top dog....

I hope I'm wrong, I want to see :au: get him....

Archived