ULM attendance

musicitytiger

15 minutes ago, musicitytiger said:

Think it will be sell out?  What do you think decent tix will cost walking up to the game?

No in terms of actual attendance.  I would not pay more than $10.00 for a ticket to watch us play ULM.

wde

True story...

Actually drove down to an AU-ULm game from Atlanta many years ago.  I think they were a directional U then...NE Lousiana, I think.

My best friend at the time, my brother and myself.  My bro's younger so he was the designated driver (poor guy).  We picked up a friend who lived near Phx City and headed over to Jordan Hare to scalp some tickets.  

We find a guy, near Toomer's, and he offers them to us for 50 bucks (4 tickets).  I tell him, I've only got 40 bucks...he's about to say "okay" and my poor brother says "hold on...I got 10 dollars here"...     smh *sigh*

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

No in terms of actual attendance.  I would not pay more than $10.00 for a ticket to watch us play ULM.

wde

Tickets were going for $10 last week on the street.  Don't pay any more than that.

12 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

True story...

Actually drove down to an AU-ULm game from Atlanta many years ago.  I think they were a directional U then...NE Lousiana, I think.

My best friend at the time, my brother and myself.  My bro's younger so he was the designated driver (poor guy).  We picked up a friend who lived near Phx City and headed over to Jordan Hare to scalp some tickets.  

We find a guy, near Toomer's, and he offers them to us for 50 bucks (4 tickets).  I tell him, I've only got 40 bucks...he's about to say "okay" and my poor brother says "hold on...I got 10 dollars here"...     smh *sigh*

Think of it as karma for the designated driver duty. 

52 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Tickets were going for $10 last week on the street.  Don't pay any more than that.

And on StubHub as well.  

Face value is what.....$35 or something ?....about the only games an ordinary fan can afford without a second mortgage or title loan.  Nice that fans who don't plan to attend the minor games make their tickets available....even at give away prices.  A good game to bring the neighborhood kids.

I apologize I know this thread is about this upcoming game, but did you guys just say the Auburn vs LSU tickets last week were selling for 10 bucks?!? On the street AND stubhub? 10 bucks for LSU... I am understanding that correctly?

If so, man alive there are bigger problems than I thought. LSU prices should be there with Clemson and Georgia ticket prices. Not as much as Bama, and as they are our #1 rival, its expected. But... $10 for LSU is mind blowing. 

Again, apologize for the off topic post musiccitytiger but that is just unfathomable if I am understanding that correctly... 

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I apologize I know this thread is about this upcoming game, but did you guys just say the Auburn vs LSU tickets last week were selling for 10 bucks?!? On the street AND stubhub? 10 bucks for LSU... I am understanding that correctly?

If so, man alive there are bigger problems than I thought. LSU prices should be there with Clemson and Georgia ticket prices. Not as much as Bama, and as they are our #1 rival, its expected. But... $10 for LSU is mind blowing. 

Again, apologize for the off topic post musiccitytiger but that is just unfathomable if I am understanding that correctly... 

It's really not an indictment.  For MOST games, you can get in under face value on the street.  My parents go to nearly every home game and don't buy season tickets because it's way cheaper this way.  For example, they got in Clemson for $30 each (lower level), A&M for $20 each (lower level), and LSU for $10 each (lower level).  I went to the Iron Bowl with them last year.  Between the three of us, we spent $65 on tickets to that game.

In the last few years, I've only paid face value or above twice for an AU game at home.  2014 LSU & 2013 Iron Bowl.

I was studying in my CDV room with the window open Fall of 1981 (freshman year) and heard crowds cheering occasionally. It dawned in my there was a football game going on (I went to Auburn for it's academics, not to see Doug Barfields recruits under this new coach Pat Dye). I sauntered over to the stadium where the game had already started and asked a scalper if he'd take a check for a ticket. Freshmen. He basically patted me on the head, gave me a ticket and said enjoy the game. Fifty yard line, Auburn vs LSU 1981. Been an Auburn football fan ever since. 

You never know....I went over to see Cam in one of these type games....Louisiana something probably and had a dickens of a time finding a ticket...walked over a good part of the campus and paid face price...which wasn't that much I guess.......lots of folks there like me to see Cam. 

Cam or Bo and Sullivan/Beasley before them.....and a few others brought people out in droves...but to see an ordinary team with mostly ordinary players.....(that and TV of every game)......the reason we don't have 100.000 seats ....they are just not needed. Too bad...but that's just the way it is.

Wife and I are about to dump the kids off on a friend and make the drive down to the loveliest village on the plains for the day. 

31 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Wife and I are about to dump the kids off on a friend and make the drive down to the loveliest village on the plains for the day. 

Enjoy the day......should be a pretty day for football.

18 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Think of it as karma for the designated driver duty. 

Your brother seems to know about as much about negotiation as Bronco Bomma does. 

6 hours ago, gulftiger66 said:

Your brother seems to know about as much about negotiation as Bronco Bomma does. 

HAHAHAHA!!

My brother will "appreciate" that.

19 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Nope...range on Stub Hub for LSU was $24 and up, way up. TEN for ULM. Sky still intact, and good news for families who need a break.

16 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's really not an indictment.  For MOST games, you can get in under face value on the street.  My parents go to nearly every home game and don't buy season tickets because it's way cheaper this way.  For example, they got in Clemson for $30 each (lower level), A&M for $20 each (lower level), and LSU for $10 each (lower level).  I went to the Iron Bowl with them last year.  Between the three of us, we spent $65 on tickets to that game.

In the last few years, I've only paid face value or above twice for an AU game at home.  2014 LSU & 2013 Iron Bowl.

Brad, share their secrets!!  Whoop...what a bargain!

My 65 inch indoor jumbo-tron gives me the best view that I doubt I could get inside the stadium.  I have significant PTSD of which crowds can set off in a heart beat. Back in the day, I could handle going to games where there was at least 80,000 cheering fans at the top of their lungs. Anyway I hope we beat Miss State coming up next.

Somewhat on topic, but it really ticks me off that people like myself who want to attend games in the student section have to now pay Auburn. I can't buy a ticket from a student like I have the last few years. I have to pay the difference between what the student has paid already and "face value" of the public tickets. It's becoming too expensive now for me to go. I can buy season tickets for the same price as it would cost to buy all the games in the student section. Not to mention any student who transfers 4 of their tickets does not get tickets the next season.

It seemed to be Auburn saying "Hey, instead of the poor students making a little money selling their tickets, why don't we make more for ourselves?!"

It's really crappy when "face value" can be $90 but you can get tickets for $30 on gameday. :/

Sorry for the rant. I feel better now...sorta. lol

We had a friend with an extra today and then walking around the stadium looking for 3 more, we got 2 free, and then I found 1 for $10. We sat with our friends in the upper deck but wasn't sure it wouldn't be full because there didn't seem to be a lot of empty seats around, but it worked out for us.

Archived