Horton is back!

Ryan Sanders

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvill...21063118730.xml

Horton back in AU fold

Thursday, January 27, 2005

By PHILLIP MARSHALL

Times Sports Staff pmarsh9485@msn.com

AUBURN - Alonzo Horton is committed to Auburn again.

Horton, a defensive end from New Orleans and a long-time Auburn commitment, said Sunday after an official visit to Ole Miss that he had changed his mind and would sign with the Rebels. By Tuesday night, he was back in the Auburn fold.

"Man, I don't know what I was thinking when I committed to Ole Miss, but it was a mistake," Horton said.

Horton said he called Auburn receivers coach Greg Knox, who recruits the New Orleans area, and told him he planned to sign with the Tigers next Wednesday after all.

"I told him I was sorry," Horton said. "I told him that I want to play for Auburn."

Horton, 6-foot-3 and 225 pounds, had 125 tackles, 16 sacks, four forced fumbles, three blocked kicks and a fumble recovery as a senior at Abramson High School.

Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville and some assistants are scheduled to visit Horton in his home Friday night. Horton said that's the only coaches he would welcome.

"It's over," Horton told autigers.com. "It's done. I am going to be an Auburn Tiger and I am very happy about the decision. I know that is where I want to go."

Archived