2018 5* SF Khavon Moore

ellitor

49 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Video says he's a PG?

The video showed him as a PG as well. He can be our next Shawn Livingston.

I will cry tears of joy if we have a kid that is 6'8 and considered a PG... Are you kidding me that would cause all kinds of problems for every team we play against.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I will cry tears of joy if we have a kid that is 6'8 and considered a PG... Are you kidding me that would cause all kinds of problems for every team we play against.

He is listed as SF on all the recruiting websites. He is probably switching positions in college. 

Either way he has ball handling skills which is a super plus for a guy 6'8". At worse you could use him as PF(Point Forward) to bring the ball up especially when other teams are pressing or doubling your PG. If really a PG he would definitely be a mis-match for other PG when we are on O. Big question would be could he handle small quick PG  in open court when we are on D. Mis-matches go both ways.

Was just about to say this, @AuburnNTexas. Even if he switches positions as @aujeff11 mentioned, any time you have a kid who is 6'8 and a plus ball handler it will cause all kinds of issues for defenses. This kid is taller than Cinmeon Bowers (by like 3 inches lol) but with a perimeter skillset. Amazing possibilities with a guy like that on a team. 6'8 Small Forwards are what the NBA wants to see.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Was just about to say this, @AuburnNTexas. Even if he switches positions as @aujeff11 mentioned, any time you have a kid who is 6'8 and a plus ball handler it will caus all kinds of issues for defenses. This kid is taller than Cinmeon Bowers (by like 3 inches lol) but with a perimeter skillset. Amazing possibilities with a guy like that on a team. 6'8 Small Forwards are what the NBA wants to see.

Could not agree more. Hope we get him.

6 hours ago, jared52 said:

Video says he's a PG?

I went by his composite profile page which is what I always do with recruits.

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Does that mean he will be visiting here soon? Isn't he visiting Jawga right now?

Visited a couple weeks ago and visited a couple other times during the summer as well.

Another worthwhile note, he plays for the Georgia Stars which is an Under Armour AAU team. You have to like Pearls chances with any Under Armour Target he wants and maybe even Adidas as well.

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Another worthwhile note, he plays for the Georgia Stars which is an Under Armour AAU team. You have to like Pearls chances with any Under Armour Target he wants and maybe even Adidas as well.

The Georgia Stars - Is that not the same team Chuma Okeke and Davion Mitchell play for also or am I reading their recruiting profile wrong? If it is 1) that team is stacked. 2) boy o boy did did Bruce pull off the recruiting Tri-fecta on that one. 

44 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

The Georgia Stars - Is that not the same team Chuma Okeke and Davion Mitchell play for also or am I reading their recruiting profile wrong? If it is 1) that team is stacked. 2) boy o boy did did Bruce pull off the recruiting Tri-fecta on that one. 

Correct. Most of our recruits under Pearl have been some of UA's AAU best for their respective classes.

E,

Have the GA Stars recently switched to Under Armor?  I'm pretty sure they were Nike when Harper was on the team.  They won the Nike EYBL Challenge.

I realize that Bruce has gotten a bunch of kids from this AAU team, and I always thought it was odd because they were Nike.

Update: Okeke definitely has a Nike swoosh on his Stars uniform.

6 hours ago, AUmarmot said:

E,

Have the GA Stars recently switched to Under Armor?  I'm pretty sure they were Nike when Harper was on the team.  They won the Nike EYBL Challenge.

I realize that Bruce has gotten a bunch of kids from this AAU team, and I always thought it was odd because they were Nike.

Update: Okeke definitely has a Nike swoosh on his Stars uniform.

I think you are right. More place for the Atlanta Xpress and not the Georgia Stars. I got the two teams confused. The Xpress are Under Armour

It makes the work Bruce has done with the Georgia Stars even more interesting. In fact, if Khavon goes Under Armor and signs with us, he will be the first recruit I am aware of that came to us from a UA AAU team... (unless Purifoy was Under Armor).  

3 hours ago, AUmarmot said:

It makes the work Bruce has done with the Georgia Stars even more interesting. In fact, if Khavon goes Under Armor and signs with us, he will be the first recruit I am aware of that came to us from a UA AAU team... (unless Purifoy was Under Armor).  

Wiley was Under Armour.

4674483.jpg

Archived