Antone Smith

pmurphy

Saleem was pretty darn good........His older brother was 10 times better though, Dahwoo (sp?) Rasheed........He was one of the best backs to come outta this state.......To bad he went to Duke..........to play Football............

Saleem and Dawud were built completely different. Dawud was a wrecking ball of a RB. Saleem was a taller LB. Not sure how you compare the two to say that one is better than the other. And yes, Dawud went to Duke...to go to med school. He wasn't banking on an NFL career.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Dawud play LB too? Regardless, He was the Better of The Two, talent wise..............Look where Wud went (Duke for a great career after football)..........look where Saleem went (the Special school on the west side of Alabam')..................... :big: , haha..................all kiddin' aside, Dawud's nickname is "Billy".........as in Billy Bada##.....okay that's the nickname I gave 'em.

Tombigbee......  Let's don't get ahead of our selves now. The only player Ive ever seen more dominating than Caddy in HS was Saleem Rasheed.  Of course all I've seen of AS is his rivals reels and I saw A Lot of Caddy when he was in HS.  when caddy was in High School Etowah did'nt have a line AT ALL and they one a State Championship.  They ran one play......... Pitch back to Carnell........and if Carnell got tired they pitched back to his cousin for a play.  Caddy outran more good pursuit angles in HS than anyone I have ever seen.  All this being said..... i played against Shades Valley when their LB corps was Saleem Rasheed, Mayo Sowell, and Pierre Brown, and Rasheed was a man among boys.  AS is good, but he is no caddy, atleast not yet!

142340[/snapback]

i'll put it this way,when caddy was in high school, i thought he was over-hyped.....i saw him play 2 games and just thought he was a real good back,with good eyes,moves,ect......it wasn't until he played in the ala-miss allstar game that i saw that he was a special player.....antone smith can do things that caddy couldn't do.....one of those things is to make a tackler miss with just one move and keeping moving forward.....he has great vision and doesn't get hit with a solid shot....antone smith is the best back in america.....think what you want,but if he remains healthy, whoever gets him has something special

Let's hope Coach Tuberville (The BEST Coach in AMERICA) can pull another one of those late miracles out of his hat.....You never know. :au:

AU ain't got anything close to this kid,though.....he is a better looking high school runner than caddy was.....and that has to be pretty damn good

142319[/snapback]

Sorry...I don't buy that. Caddy wasn't huge, but this kid is downright small. I'm sure he's great in the open field, but I seriously doubt he'd be able to run over people like the Cadillac (see UT corners with tire treads on their chests)....

:au::homer:

he's 5'8" and 190 lbs......sounds like a cross between barry sanders and a bowling ball.....we ain't got a runner with this kids' ability....if we were to get him,look for him to start against ga.tech....he is that good....how big was caddy when he showed up on campus?.......he was 5'10" and 180lbs.......i am more impressed with this kid in high school than i was with caddy when he was in high school

Dammit. I am getting myself over-hyped about this kid. I haven't even seen video of him. Do any of you know where I can link to a clip, so at least I'll know what I'm getting myself so up-in-arms about?

he's 5'8" and 190 lbs......sounds like a cross between barry sanders and a bowling ball.....we ain't got a runner with this kids' ability....if we were to get him,look for him to start against ga.tech....he is that good....how big was caddy when he showed up on campus?.......he was 5'10" and 180lbs.......i am more impressed with this kid in high school than i was with caddy when he was in high school

142510[/snapback]

You must have never seen Caddy in high school. I saw him make his first start his freshman year against my high school in the semi finals playoff. Then we played a regular season game against him a year or two later. Caddy ran over everyone in high school. He was very impressive.

Nothing bad about Smith and I hope we get him but I think there is no comparison. Caddy was a dominate back and this guy is suppose to be a all-purpose yardage guy.

Sounds like a Reggie Bush type guy which is really good.

When is going to announce???

142539[/snapback]

Signing Day ( Feb 3 )

142547[/snapback]

Signing day is Feb 2nd. Be sure to tune into CSS Wednesday night for the final coverage by Count Down to Signing Day.

I guess Stamper is a no-go for sure????? Anyone think he may flip flop back to AU????

Not sure how many of you watch count down to signing day but a replay always comes on Friday night and it had A.S. on there.

He had four schools: Miami, Auburn, Florida, Florida St.

He talked about all of them. He had a funny smile right before he talked about Miami. Then at the end when he said his schools again he said Auburn, Florida, Florida St. and did not mention Miami.

Very strange. I saw his film highlights and he is a very big 5'8". He dragged a guy at least 10 yds to get a touchdown. I think he is Gator bound or Miami.

It will take a miracle to get this kid.  I really wish Tuberville had gone after more runningbacks.

142625[/snapback]

Even if we don't get this guy we still have 4 or 5 RB's.. Irons, Stewart, Smith, Lester, etc. So I don't know why everybody is blaming CTT for not going after RB's, when really we can make it through a year without getting one. Now next year he might need to go after a few, but this year it really isn't that necessary.

Irons will be pretty good. Smith, will be pretty good. We still have depth at the RB position.

I mean don't get me wrong, I want the guy to come to Auburn, but we do have depth at RB.

I agree. It has been established by the coaching staff that RB is not a need position right now. Antone Smith is a special player. That's why we are recruiting him. However, if we don't get him, it won't be the end of the world.

Prediction: If Antone does not sign with AU, Power I graces us with one of his depressing posts in which he is down on the coaching staff and has doubts about next season.

Also, in the post on the Florida board, the poster says that AU is out, but gives no reason on which to base this statement. What gives? Wishful thinking?

Archived