2017 4* Safety CJ Avery (Louisville 12/14/16)

ellitor

53 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Last few crystal balls have been to Louisville. 

but to quote E... are they Crystal Balls that matter?  After all, Auburn doesn't have a single crystal ball, and everything we're hearing, including from CJ, is that we are very much in it.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

but to quote E... are they Crystal Balls that matter?  After all, Auburn doesn't have a single crystal ball, and everything we're hearing, including from CJ, is that we are very much in it.

the ones that come in a day away from a kids announcement are telling.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

the ones that come in a day away from a kids announcement are telling.

Not saying they aren't, just saying I've learned from E that a crystal ball pick is only as good as how connected the person making it is.  The last two for Avery were national guys. They might have insight, but it's not as likely as if someone actually connected to one of the programs in contention made the prediction. One of the two guys has a pretty good record for being right, so that doesn't bode well.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Not saying they aren't, just saying I've learned from E that a crystal ball pick is only as good as how connected the person making it is.  The last two for Avery were national guys. They might have insight, but it's not as likely as if someone actually connected to one of the programs in contention made the prediction. One of the two guys has a pretty good record for being right, so that doesn't bode well.

yah ryan bartow making a pick for them is a bad sign for us. he is usually well informed and connected. Not perfect but still a good track record.

7 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

KN now predicting LVille...ouch!

when is the last time we pulled a high school kid from a MS school? its been awhile it seems. We do not recruit there a lot to begin with. we need to get a footprint there.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

when is the last time we pulled a high school kid from a MS school? its been awhile it seems. We do not recruit there a lot to begin with. we need to get a footprint there.

Guess L'ville has a footprint in MS. 

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Guess L'ville has a footprint in MS. 

I don't want to say this came out of nowhere BUT I mean everyone until recently just viewed Ville as a afterthought. I get we will not get everyone but dang it stings to lose a recruiting battle to frickin L'ville. yah they have some buzz with the heisman but one of their best years in program history was still just 1 game better than us. Man I wanted him bad. we have been stacking up some good talent in the defensive background this would of been a awesome piece. reading the tea leaves I bet crime dawg is going to ole miss as dc.

1 minute ago, 1TexasTiger said:

Jermaine Whitehead was from MS

signing day flip. will never forget. a good win in the chizik era.

Just now, au_bsci_04 said:

Big Shon

yah that was awhile ago. I think he was in the 2010 or even 2009 class. when the lamar jackson era is over and the dust is settled there will be a plaque of cj avery as the 1 guy who committed basically because hes a huge lamar jackson fan and the buzz he created this year for them haha.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don't want to say this came out of nowhere BUT I mean everyone until recently just viewed Ville as a afterthought. I get we will not get everyone but dang it stings to lose a recruiting battle to frickin L'ville. yah they have some buzz with the heisman but one of their best years in program history was still just 1 game better than us. Man I wanted him bad. we have been stacking up some good talent in the defensive background this would of been a awesome piece. reading the tea leaves I bet crime dawg is going to ole miss as dc.

I agree with you on L'ville and I don't think CD is Ole piss bound as of now.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

yah that was awhile ago. I think he was in the 2010 or even 2009 class. when the lamar jackson era is over and the dust is settled there will be a plaque of cj avery as the 1 guy who committed basically because hes a huge lamar jackson fan and the buzz he created this year for them haha.

Demon Mix and Xavier Dampeer

Just now, au_bsci_04 said:

Demon Mix and Xavier Dampeer

lol why you fighting me on this? I am pissed and venting. LET ME BE! mix was a fun signing day win to! all I got now is memories of MS recruiting haha

This is freaking ridiculous if we lose this kid to Louisville! Alabama, LSU, Clemson... I can understand. But Louisville? Especially when McGriff has a close family connection and he's supposed to be an elite recruiter?

Daren Bates, Steve Gandy, Jason Campbell, Kendall Simmons. Are we just naming Mississippians now? ME!! I'm from Mississippi!

10 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

This is freaking ridiculous if we lose this kid to Louisville! Alabama, LSU, Clemson... I can understand. But Louisville? Especially when McGriff has a close family connection and he's supposed to be an elite recruiter?

This is where I am on this. I will not be able to get over losing a kid to a flavor of the month school in Lville.

12 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

He probaly will be the next DC at ole miss I imagine with all the smoke about it. If there were no rumors I bet we would of landed this kid.  Horrible timing and it sucks the ole miss DC "retired" and ole miss cannot hire a legit DC who is more attractive than a position coach.

The Louisville staff may be in a lot of trouble right now. Louisville is the team Wake Forrest was playing last year that the story blew up yesterday about the Wake coach giving plays to opponents. They have found Wake plays inside Louisville's stadium. 680 the Fan in ATL was talking about this could be big trouble for Todd Grantham and Petrino. Could help us in the long run with this recruit.

22 hours ago, kd4au said:

Are we still in good shape with Avery?Any new news on his commitment for tomorrow?

Louisville supremely confident. Based on WDE's posts the past couple days I think he told both schools what they want to hear. It's just a matter of which 1 he sticks with.

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

signing day flip. will never forget. a good win in the chizik era.

But we knew we were getting him a couple weeks before then.

45 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

The Louisville staff may be in a lot of trouble right now. Louisville is the team Wake Forrest was playing last year that the story blew up yesterday about the Wake coach giving plays to opponents. They have found Wake plays inside Louisville's stadium. 680 the Fan in ATL was talking about this could be big trouble for Todd Grantham and Petrino. Could help us in the long run with this recruit.

Don't have a long run with this recruit. He commits tonight and is a Spring enrollee.

Maybe he knows something we don't. Maybe a certain coach said I ain't gonna be here. Maybe he wants out of the State of Mississippi. Pure speculation on my part, no insider news. 

Archived