2017 4* Safety CJ Avery (Louisville 12/14/16)

ellitor

The two schools, Louisville and Auburn, are vastly different in setting, type of students and general atmosphere. Maybe he just likes it better there. It happens.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All signs point to Louisville now for CJ. The only suspense left in the day is Sal Cannella between us and Texas at 1 CT.

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

All signs point to Louisville now for CJ. The only suspense left in the day is Sal Cannella between us and Texas at 1 CT.

Well that sucks!  And I was looking so forward to having an excuse for not getting any work done today...

31 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The most important recruit signed his LOI this morning. We good. 

Wow... 31 minutes and @ellitor hasn't corrected you that it's a NLI, yet.  He must be busy. :)

Apparently we are having a bad day. But lets not lose sight of what a great class we have so far. Ashley who may be good enough to start as a freshman. Two stud O-Line who are recovering and will Red Shirt. 3 great LB's, the QB we really wanted and possibly another QB, Already signed some very good DB's, Signed some very good RB's. One very good WR so far to go with last years class, and some possible D-Linemen we are waiting on. Assuming we close out a few we are looking good on we will have another top 10 class and will have improved or provided depth where needed.  

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Wow... 31 minutes and @ellitor hasn't corrected you that it's a NLI, yet.  He must be busy. :)

Nope. 1 correction per season and JFD got it.

9 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Confused. What time does CJ announce? This week in the Traivion thread, an "insider" here said Avery was "in as of Sunday".

5 or 6 today.

ok so this will probaly be the first and last time I have any inside info on a recruit so I will try to enjoy my big moment! haha... but anyways I told one of yall in here but no one else that my cousin and Miss ST grad is a alum of CJ averys high school and he still knows some people up there so I got in touch with him last night to see if he knew anything on why things had shifted so dramatically. He told me CJ is just a kid who is a people pleaser and told all 3 of Ville, AU and Miss St he was coming recently. Does not like telling people no. Auburn was probaly the most legitimate because of Crime Dawg and his connection to the avery family with coaching his dad. Ville was a distant third until his official visit there for the kentucky game. He is enamored with Lamar Jackson and they really hit home a pitch centered around his fandom of him and Calvin Pryor the recent safety who was a high draft selection in the NFL draft a couple of years ago. When you saw him talk recently of getting to the nfl thats where it was coming from. Having said all that without all the crime dawg rumors AU probaly still would of got him. But it did enough damage to where he Ville was able to take advantage and he will go to his co favorite school in Ville. Thats all I got. No clue why his presumed leader for a long time Miss St dropped to third.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

ok so this will probaly be the first and last time I have any inside info on a recruit so I will try to enjoy my big moment! haha... but anyways I told one of yall in here but no one else that my cousin and Miss ST grad is a alum of CJ averys high school and he still knows some people up there so I got in touch with him last night to see if he knew anything on why things had shifted so dramatically. He told me CJ is just a kid who is a people pleaser and told all 3 of Ville, AU and Miss St he was coming recently. Does not like telling people no. Auburn was probaly the most legitimate because of Crime Dawg and his connection to the avery family with coaching his dad. Ville was a distant third until his official visit there for the kentucky game. He is enamored with Lamar Jackson and they really hit home a pitch centered around his fandom of him and Calvin Pryor the recent safety who was a high draft selection in the NFL draft a couple of years ago. When you saw him talk recently of getting to the nfl thats where it was coming from. Having said all that without all the crime dawg rumors AU probaly still would of got him. But it did enough damage to where he Ville was able to take advantage and he will go to his co favorite school in Ville. Thats all I got. No clue why his presumed leader Miss St dropped to third.

Thanks for sharing.

Just now, ellitor said:

Thanks for sharing.

roger that.

50 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

ok so this will probaly be the first and last time I have any inside info on a recruit so I will try to enjoy my big moment! haha... but anyways I told one of yall in here but no one else that my cousin and Miss ST grad is a alum of CJ averys high school and he still knows some people up there so I got in touch with him last night to see if he knew anything on why things had shifted so dramatically. He told me CJ is just a kid who is a people pleaser and told all 3 of Ville, AU and Miss St he was coming recently. Does not like telling people no. Auburn was probaly the most legitimate because of Crime Dawg and his connection to the avery family with coaching his dad. Ville was a distant third until his official visit there for the kentucky game. He is enamored with Lamar Jackson and they really hit home a pitch centered around his fandom of him and Calvin Pryor the recent safety who was a high draft selection in the NFL draft a couple of years ago. When you saw him talk recently of getting to the nfl thats where it was coming from. Having said all that without all the crime dawg rumors AU probaly still would of got him. But it did enough damage to where he Ville was able to take advantage and he will go to his co favorite school in Ville. Thats all I got. No clue why his presumed leader for a long time Miss St dropped to third.

Well... hopefully McGriff will end up staying and we can steal him back before signing day.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Well... hopefully McGriff will end up staying and we can steal him back before signing day.

he is a EE.

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Ok... hopefully McGriff decides to stay really soon and we get him back before he goes to class :)

with leavitt going to oregon honestly we should hear about crime dawg going to ole miss as dc any day now. love the positive nature though.

18 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

with leavitt going to oregon honestly we should hear about crime dawg going to ole miss as dc any day now. love the positive nature though.

Yea, I just keep hoping he will see that Ole Miss is a hammer waiting to drop and he'd be better off with the good guys, but it's hard to pass up taking that next step.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Ok... hopefully McGriff decides to stay really soon and we get him back before he goes to class :)

I'm not so sure keeping McGriff around for another year isn't more valuable than a single recruit. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hey maybe that's why Leavitt went Oregon. Hugh said "hey man, we about to get slobber knocked by the NCAA, you are only here to make the beat writers go crazy trying to figure out who the next DC will be." And Leavitt said "I am only here to get more money out of my ole buddy Willie T., anyone would be crazy to come here."

Just now, JFDTiger80 said:

Has he announced?

was supposed to at 6. Hopefully he puts it off. It is supposed to be Louisville.

Archived