Quentin Groves passed away

auburnphan

Just shocked by this news, thoughts and prayers with his family.  Never forget that 2007 Iron Bowl and him leading the band, great, great moment in Auburn football.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/15/former-nfl-player-quentin-groves-dies-at-32/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Just shocked by this news, thoughts and prayers with his family.  Never forget that 2007 Iron Bowl and him leading the band, great, great moment in Auburn football

Can someone embed the video? It was an awesome moment for sure.

So young. So very sad. God Bless his family and the AU Family. 

He died while visiting Trinidad..   he had a rapid heartbeat condition at one time for which they did surgery.  

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Beloved-Auburn-defensive-star-Quentin-Groves-dies-48250937?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=161015_113443_Auburn Tigers&utm_content=Image

Former Auburn defensive end and linebacker Quentin Groves has died, multiple sources have confirmed to Auburn Undercover.

The former All-SEC star was in Trinidad celebrating his daughter’s birthday at the time of his death, according to a source. Details surrounding his death are not known at this time.

Groves, 32, is survived by his wife, Teska Baptiste, a former member of Auburn's track team, and his children: son Que’Mani Kassan Shiloh and daughter Que’Jaah.

"Great kid,” said Joe Whitt Sr., a longtime Auburn assistant. “Just a really good person. It is hard to believe he is gone."

Condolences and shock spread through social media throughout the morning Saturday.

“Obviously, he was a great athlete and great football player,” said Bret Eddins, a teammate in 2003. “He laughed a lot, had a lot of life in his eyes. I don’t remember being around Quentin when he wasn’t upbeat, hugging people. I think he carried that into his life. Just a great guy, a great teammate, a great family man who lived his life the right way.

“You would have a hard time finding anybody who would say anything bad about him. It’s just hard to believe."

Grove was diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-Whie Syndrome, which is associated with a rapid heartbeat related to electrical impulses in the heart utilizing additional pathways.

“It’s an extra circuit in the heart, and it speeds up your heartbeat, it’s nothing too critical, but you have to take care of it,” Groves said at the time.

He underwent heart surgery for a procedure called an abiation. He was cleared by doctors to play, but many teams still questioned whether he was healthy enough to play.

He bounced around with seven NFL teams from 2008 through 2015, spending two seasons on a practice squad. He finished his NFL career with 175 tackles, two interceptions and 9.5 sacks.

He finished his Auburn career tied for the career sacks record at 26 as one of Auburn’s amazing defensive ends and linebackers in the mid-2000s. He set the single-game sack record at Auburn with four as a redshirt freshman in a game against Kentucky in 2004.

He was also part of the winningest senior class in Auburn history with 50 wins, which included a hand in the six straight victories against rival Alabama in the Iron Bowl.

Editor emeritus Phillip Marshall contributed to this report.

I think he was one of The Family's all time favorites.  This is so sad.  He was too young.  Our thoughts and Prayers are with his family, his friends and his teammates. 

Just now hearing this and deeply saddened.

Prayers for his family. 

Awful...prayers to his family and friends. RIP Quentin.

I think any fan of auburn that followed the team during Q's time with us has him as one of their favorite players. Truly the epitome of the that era for us. 

Great athlete and an even greater attitude, he will be missed.

I remember when I went and got an autograph from him when I was a teenager. Dude gave me one of the biggest hugs in my life and felt so genuine from a guy I had never met before.

The man played with heart. God bless. 

Q was an all-around good dude... a true leader!  Was one of the loudest voices defending us when ol' Stan (Moochie) started all that s$&t with HBO a few years back... respect.  Q was one of the best athletes to grace JHS in a long time!  He'll be missed...

Archived