Quentin Groves passed away

auburnphan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIP Quentin.  Thanks for all of the memories and my condolences and prayers to your family.

Wow, just saw this. Quite shocking obviously. He was a leader of the winningest class in AU and by all accounts a great guy and family man. Tough day. 

So sad to find this out today. Prayers for his family. Many fond memories o f his playing days. Sounds like he touched a lot of lives in a special way in his all too short life.

12 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Didn't believe this when I first saw reports. Why do some good people die so young? Rest in heaven Q!

Death is no respecter of persons.

RIP. I've posted how I'm pretty close with Zach Gilbert. Him and Q were super close. He came to Florence alot with Zach. And if you can believe it Zach's father died on the same day Q did by a heart attack also....sad sad day

May God bless his family and give them peace. He was one heck of a football player that I loved to watch destroy opposing offenses. He was one of the  good guys that have had their life cut too short. He is in the same regard as Lutz. I can see them now going at each other on the best football field beyond our imagination could conceive  that the Lord has made. No injuries on this field; just good old fashion football where all have a blast.

So sad. A leader on the field, a true Auburn man off. At least he was in Trinidad with his wife and family when this occurred. A fine young man.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 2:27 PM, War Knight said:

I remember when I went and got an autograph from him when I was a teenager. Dude gave me one of the biggest hugs in my life and felt so genuine from a guy I had never met before.

This. I met him at the Legends Tailgate (along with so many other greats) the day we had the last rolling of Toomer's Oaks. He absolutely towered over me but he would wrap you up in a hug like it didn't matter who you were, you were family. I had always been a fan of his but that really put him up in my top 3. Finding out he passed away (only a year younger than me too) really upset me as I'm sure it did for all that knew him.

R.I.P. QG and WDE Forever.

I've been looking at the title of this thread for a few days now and just haven't had the stomach to open it up and read it until now. This makes me so incredibly sad for his family and friends. He was so young and so full of life. I remember the way he was always celebrating wins and interacting with fans. May God welcome Quentin with open arms and give his family peace. So sad.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

It's a shame they didn't show the back of Bo's jacket during the game last week...
Cvds62_WEAA0J3c.jpg

They didn't show that on tv??

Archived