Softball vs. Miss. Gulf Coast

Auburn wearing Orange tops and white pants today for their 1st game of the fall schedule vs. Mississippi Gulf Coast.   Lots of positions up for grabs during the fall.   Lineup today:  Courtney Shea is the DP in game 1 today.    Outfield is Jordan, Podany and Greenwood.  Infield:  Snow at 3rd, Fagan at short, McCracken at 2nd and Veach at 1st. 

Podany
Greenwood
Fagan
Wallace
Snow
Shea
Jordan
McCracken
Veach

This is very difficult to follow with no audio available and no graphic to keep up.   I believe Maresetti is pitching for Auburn.  Auburn set them down in order in the top 1st.  Auburn coming to bat.

Well, took my eyes off the video and didn't see where it went (i think to left) but Fagan gets it and It's GONE and its 2-0 Auburn.  Wallace up

Snow pops it up in foul territory on the 3rd base side, caught by the catcher.   2 outs. (I think).  Shea up to bat.  Pinch runner at 1st attempts a steal of 2nd and is there throw goes to center field and the runner advances to 3rd.  Still no idea who it is.   Shea singles through the right side and pinch runner scores.  3-0 Auburn.  Another pinch runner.  Whitney Jordan up.

Jordan grounds it up the middle cut off at 2nd and the force to end the inning.  Auburn gets 3, If I caught everything. 

Auburn sets them down in order in the 2nd.    McCracken, Veach and Podany should be coming up.

Auburn goes in order in bottom 2nd... still leads 3-0 (if I got everything right)

:info: Victoria Draper and Madi Gipson are both out of the fall lineups because of having knee surgery in the off season. They are both expected back in plenty of time for the regular season

Sorry folks.  Watching football and with no audio its making it almost impossible to keep up with the softball broadcast.  I will post what I can but play by play isn't going to be possible today.  I tried.   I also have to leave the house soon for a few minutes so I'll miss part of the game anyway.

Tannon snow hit a 3 run homer later in the game.  So we got homers from Fagan and Snow and I believe the final of our first game was 10-0.   Game 2 at 5PM..

Game 2 is underway.   Makayla Martin pitching for Auburn.

should note they are playing Wallace State Community College out of Dothan in game 2.

Podany singles through the left side to lead off the bottom 1st.   Greenwood up to bat. she swings on first pitch and blops it toward 3rd, where it drops and goes under the 3rd baseman's glove and behind her.  Nobody covering 3rd, Podany advances to 3rd and Greenwood moves to 2nd.     Haley Fagan up with 2 in scoring position, and first pitch swinging, DEEP to right center and its GONE....3-0 Auburn.   Fagan appears to be in fine form.  2nd homer of the day.

Carlee Wallace coming up.

Snow sends one deep to left and its GONE....Solo homer for Tannon Snow.   4-0 Auburn.    Courtney Shea coming up.

Shea sends one DEEP to right center and its GONE....5-0 Auburn.   Bombs everywhere in the first inning today.   Whitney Jordan up.

not really sure what happened here, but Abbott sends one deep to center and I thought it hit the base of the wall and Abbott went to 2nd, but I guess it was caught right on the wall..  Very difficult to tell with a small screen video and no audio.    Regardless, Auburn leads 5-0 after 1 complete.

Veach leads off for Auburn in the 2nd and lines sharply to left.   McCracken up to bat now.. 1 out.  She flies to left.  2 outs.   Back to the top of the order with Morgan Podany. 

Podany beats out an infield grounder.  runner on 1st for Carmyn Greenwood.  Greenwood grounds to the right side to end the inning.  Still 5-0 Auburn.

Wallace sends one high and deep to left and its GONE.... Auburn leads 6-0.   Meanwhile, Makayla Martin through 3 innings and the defense hasn't fielded a ball yet.  Makayla Martin has NINE strikeouts through 3....DAMN...

Tannon Snow sends one deep to left and its gone..   7-0 Auburn.  3 homers today for Snow.  She is earning a spot in a hurry. 

Ashlee Swindle is in for her first appearance in an Auburn uniform.  Martin finished with 4 innings of work, allowing 4 hits  and striking out 10.

Kendall Veach sends one DEEP and GONE.  6 home runs for Auburn in game 2.  should be 8-0.  Game is in the bottom 6th.  Guessing the run rule isn't in effect today.

Well.  I guess we have some offense still. Love seeing the young and new members bombing it out. 

Archived