What the Razorpigs think about us

DAG

So, I thought I would take a gander to the rivals board to get a feel for their mindset on this upcoming week's game. BTW, the hogs best board is the infamous hogville. I would honestly say that 70% of them think this match up is a foregone conclusion to their favor (No surprise right?). The general conceptions that I am seeing from most of them..

• We have no identity on offense, although a few do recognize that we have a very good running game
  • There is zero respect for SW. In fact, one of their posters balked at the idea that he is leading AA in QBR, chiming " You get points for handing it off?" I cannot wait to see SW pick them apart.
  • Even though some of them do recognize our running ability, they feel confident that the injuries to our RBs will slow us down.
  • AA is the next Tom Brady in their eyes. He will be the difference maker and they do not believe we have the defense to stop his passing
  • The piggies do recognize that we have a stout defensive line, however. Of course, they still feel confident because in their eyes "We are no BAMA"
  • A good majority of them feel that we are Ole miss lite. Again, they do not respect SW, specifically sighting his running ability SMH
  • Quite a few of them do believe that they have the best WRs in the SEC and our secondary/LBs will not be able to match up with them or their sure-handed TE

I think it would be cool to have a weekly version of this, just to get an idea of how the "others" perceive us. Not that it has any affect to how the game will be played this upcoming Saturday. Even though the piggies have beaten Ole miss, my feelings have not changed on this game. I think AA is the freaking real deal. I also think, if we control the line on both sides of the ball, we should win comfortably. Ole miss could not get off the field last Saturday evening, allowing Arkansas to control most of the game. This cannot happen. With that being said, Ole miss had no problem putting up points on Arkansas, despite their very limited opportunities. I pray and hope that this game will be SW coming out party. As much as I have confidence in our RBs, I can't help but feel that the Pigs will stack the line, praying for SW to pass. CRL has been doing a very good job, but I would like to see some more 1st down passes and less 3rd and longs. Allow our WRs to get in space and make something happen with the ball in their hands. I also predict that this will be a coming out party for our secondary, specifically CD. I cannot wait to see the matchup between him and their deep threat Keon Hatcher. The biggest fear for me is how our safety will react. It is imperative that we play sound and disciplined football back there or AA will tear us up. 

My prediction: AU 35, The razorpigs 24

What say you?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

59 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Sounds like the hog fans dont watch much football ☺

Sounds like if they do watch any, it was early in the season.   Hope their coaches have the same misconceptions. 

They're only as blind as the talking heads they got that info from. 

kanell tweeted recently that the reason we beat msu was because we "finally went with Sean white" hinting that it was our first game without the musical chairs QB fiasco. 

Chances are, if they've watched any of our games it was Clemson or tamu and the high lights from the LSU game. 

I hope Sean throws for 450 on them in the first half and our dline has 8 sacks, I'm about tired of Bert and espn/sec networks love fest concerning him. 

One thing they may want to remember.  Every time they played a team with a good defensive line (Texas A&M and Alabama), they were terrible.  You can have a Tom Brady all you want, but if he is getting manhandled every play, it doesn't matter.  I am fine with them stacking the box.  Sean White is really starting to gel with his receivers.  If you look back to the Mississippi State game, Sean was timing his receivers and was anticipating the throw to them before they turned to look at the ball.  Do you really want one-on-one coverage with a quarterback that can do that?  Let me ask again, do you really want one on on coverage with Tony Stevens, and Kyle Davis (not to mention everyone else)?  Also if you stack it, do a wheel route.  I am fine with our corners.  Javaris Davis is really coming into his own now.  Our safeties actually might be perfect for this team.  Trey Matthews is basically a linebacker in the secondary who loves to run down hill to hit a running back (exclude LSU last year with two hurt shoulders).  

I really look forward to this game.  I had no issues with Arkansas until Brett Belima came into town.  Funny thing is you would think I would like him as my cousin started center for 4 years under him at Wisconsin.

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I really look forward to this game.  I had no issues with Arkansas until Brett Belima came into town.  Funny thing is you would think I would like him as my cousin started center for 4 years under him at Wisconsin.

What kind of a coach is he?  Do his players like/respect him, is he a hard ass?

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

What kind of a coach is he?  Do his players like/respect him, is he a hard ass?

Well at Wisconsin they loved him.  It really took them by surprise when he bolted to Arkansas.  He had a good life there.  His type of play worked at Wisconsin.  I don't know much about Arkansas since my only connection was at Wisconsin, but in my opinion it won't work in the SEC.  His type of play is a dying breed, and he refuses to evolve with the game.  Saban tried to fight it as well, but eventually evolved and hired Lane Kiffin to have an up-tempo offense.  These next few years will be critical to him if he can't win big games.  If his new QB is as good as they hope, that will buy him some time, but is only a Band-Aid.  

He has to be pretty good at getting people to buy into him.  That is the only reason I can come up with for him to have a wife like his.  He was definitely the reacher and she was the settler in that relationship.

57 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well at Wisconsin they loved him.  It really took them by surprise when he bolted to Arkansas.  He had a good life there.  His type of play worked at Wisconsin.  I don't know much about Arkansas since my only connection was at Wisconsin, but in my opinion it won't work in the SEC.  His type of play is a dying breed, and he refuses to evolve with the game.  Saban tried to fight it as well, but eventually evolved and hired Lane Kiffin to have an up-tempo offense.  These next few years will be critical to him if he can't win big games.  If his new QB is as good as they hope, that will buy him some time, but is only a Band-Aid.  

He has to be pretty good at getting people to buy into him.  That is the only reason I can come up with for him to have a wife like his.  He was definitely the reacher and she was the settler in that relationship.

I don't know. She might be dumb as a box of rocks and if that's the case, IMHO, he can have her. She'll get old and ugly and still be dumb someday.

I'd say Bert has shown that he's willing to adapt the offense as well. For the last two years, they have been a pass-heavy team. The Allen brothers have made the offense go. Not Rawleigh Williams or even Alex Collins.

It's going to be a good game. We have areas where I'm confident we can hurt them on both sides of the ball, and they have areas that will cause our coaches heartburn. As I said another place, this is the most balanced team we've seen since A&M, and that team moved the ball on us. Allen is a better passer than Trevor Knight (obviously an inferior runner). They are a physical, if mostly unimpressive, defense. Their guys know the scheme, and they make plays. I didn't see anyone on Arkansas' defense that scared me the way a Marquis Haynes or Tim Williams or Myles Garrett scares you, but they're a sound defense. I completely agree with WDE, it's a toss up.

The only thing that made me laugh in this thread was the comment on Arkansas' WRs. They clearly didn't watch the last game they played or the game they lost to A&M or the other game they lost to Bama. All three have far, far better WR/pass catching groups. It's not close. It's a good group. Drew Morgan is a nice player. Keon Hatcher and Jeremy Sprinkle are big bodied WRs. But their isn't a coach in America that wouldn't trade that crew for Ole Miss' or A&M's bands of 6'3" movie monsters. There is no Calvin Ridley in that group. There is no Evan Engram. I'm good with Carlton Davis singled up on any WR they have on the roster.

30 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

He is a neo max zoom dweebee  

Lol, he's from the All You Can Eat Breakfast Club. 

15 hours ago, DAG said:

• There is zero respect for SW. In fact, one of their posters balked at the idea that he is leading AA in QBR, chiming " You get points for handing it off?" I cannot wait to see SW pick them apart.
  • AA is the next Tom Brady in their eyes. He will be the difference maker and they do not believe we have the defense to stop his passing
  • Again, they do not respect SW, specifically sighting his running ability SMH

Both are accurate QBs. The big difference is Allen has big league pocket presence. When the pocket collapses, he senses it well and can still find open WRs or throws it away. White gets sacked nearly every time under the same pressure.

IMO, he is the best QB in the league. He will be a starter one day in the NFL.

Yes, we have a slightly better pass blocking OL than ARK. I'm merely stating the biggest difference in the two QBs. And when choosing one for a game-winning drive, it's a no-brainer.

28 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Both are accurate QBs. The big difference is Allen has big league pocket presence. When the pocket collapses, he senses it well and can still find open WRs or throws it away. White gets sacked nearly every time under the same pressure.

Yes, we have a slightly better pass blocking OL than ARK. I'm merely stating the biggest difference in the two QBs. And when choosing one for a game-winning drive, it's a no-brainer.

I am hoping SW can out duel this weekend and successfully get the recognition he deserves . I do think the coaches need to allow him and our WRs to get in rhythm very early . Of course, CRL would want to conerol the clock so I suspect we will grind it out.  We need KJ ready to go for this game .

33 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I agree. I would go with SW as well.......

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Every time they played a team with a good defensive line (Texas A&M and Alabama), they were terrible.  You can have a Tom Brady all you want, but if he is getting manhandled every play, it doesn't matte

This all day long. Unless their line gets really good in a week, Allen and their running back are both going to be hating life. Our O-Line isn't great, but Arkansas D isn't a huge threat.  We should have at least one hundred yard rusher and Sean should have one of his best games of the year.  They will get some passing yards, as Allen is too good to shut down, but they should struggle to score.  I really expect Carl, Monty, and Marlon to have a record game for sacks.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I am hoping SW can out duel this weekend and successfully get the recognition he deserves . I do think the coaches need to allow him and our WRs to get in rhythm very early . Of course, CRL would want to conerol the clock so I suspect we will grind it out.  We need KJ ready to go for this game .

I believe the game comes down to who can stop who's running game better. ARK has the better RBs. Run blocking is about equal. We have the better front 6.

IF the running game stats are near equal by mid-4th Q, then it comes down to FGs and QB.

ARK is 7-9 on FGs. Carlson is 13-14.

They have the better QB.

All of this equals a very tight game.

5 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I believe the game comes down to who can stop who's running game better. ARK has the better RBs. Run blocking is about equal. We have the better front 6.

IF the running game stats are near equal by mid-4th Q, then it comes down to FGs and QB.

ARK is 7-9 on FGs. Carlson is 13-14.

They have the better QB.

I can't say that I believe Arky has the better backs or that run blocking is equal.  Let's look at the numbers against the same opponent... Texas A&M.  Auburn racked up 283, with Pettway getting 124 on 6.2 per carry and KJ getting another 64 on 4 yards per carry.  Arkansas on the other hand racked up a whopping 120 yards with their star Williams getting 79 on 4.6 per carry.   Nothing in that comparison tells me that Arkansas has better backs than we do.

I do believe Allan is the better QB, but his line is doing him no favors and I think that prevents him from being a real factor.

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I can't say that I believe Arky has the better backs or that run blocking is equal.  Let's look at the numbers against the same opponent... Texas A&M.  Auburn racked up 283, with Pettway getting 124 on 6.2 per carry and KJ getting another 64 on 4 yards per carry.  Arkansas on the other hand racked up a whopping 120 yards with their star Williams getting 79 on 4.6 per carry.   Nothing in that comparison tells me that Arkansas has better backs than we do.

I do believe Allan is the better QB, but his line is doing him no favors and I think that prevents him from being a real factor.

183 (Pettway/Kerryon) vs. 108 (Williams/Whaley), so good point.

But Allen makes up for their OL deficiencies. bammer sacked him 7 times and forced 12 QBH, yet he still thew for 400 yards & 3 TDs.

If he does that against us, we will not win.

10 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Comprehension fail

Smarmy Sarcasm fail.......

2 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

But Allen makes up for their OL deficiencies. bammer sacked him 7 times and forced 12 QBH, yet he still thew for 400 yards & 3 TDs.

Maybe... but I think our O, how they are playing now, vs there D is good for 5 TDs and I don't think their O vs Our D is good for more than 3.  Of course I could be wrong.  

21 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

That kid is tough as nails, so was his brother.

15 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

183 (Pettway/Kerryon) vs. 108 (Williams/Whaley), so good point.

Why wouldn't AU win it?  AU D might give up that much passing, but i guarantee Allen is gonna be running for his life, TAMU, bama, and Ole Miss all managed to pressure him, the first two a lot more as they have better DL and pass rushers, like AU.  Arky has allowed 30 or more points in all 3 SEC games, twice over 40.   AU should climb all over them with the offensive attack, and hopefully, the D will continue to play well, slowing down the run and pressuring Allen.  

Archived