What the Razorpigs think about us

DAG

6 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

I think most of us are just in shock because we totally didn't see that coming. Not sure if it was because you had an extra week to prepare and that was our first SEC road game or what but we didn't even look like we belonged on the same field from the first play. Your strengths aligned well with our weaknesses and if you play like that all year i think you have a good shot at winning out. We rarely get dominated from start to finish like that. 

Paul Rhoads may find himself as an SEC DC again by Monday morning lol

Its rarely as good or as bad as it appears. I wish that more of the posters here grasped that concept. After five players taking snaps at QB in the first gave vs. Clemson many here were ready to fire Gus. I admit I stepped off the bus but wasn't ready to fire him. My point being don't let the shifting winds of social media drive your opinion. One thing that I do know is social media is not reality.

Arkansas has a good offense. Either fix the pass protection issues or roll Allen out.

Most teams like more balance on offense than Auburn. Our DC's defense at Clemson gave up 70 points in a bowl game once. My point being one poor defensive performance doesn't make your DC incompetent or your defense bad.

Bert says stuff to placate the Arkansas boosters. He lets public perception and the media sway him too much for my liking.

Good Luck to your Hogs for the rest of the season!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Literally. I hate that we're getting attention now because we always suck when the attention is our way. Jesse Palmer kept talking about how hard it will be for Ole Miss to play us next weekend and I'm scared as hell we're gonna get embarrassed by them 

I'll never understand why people think this way. 2010 and 2013 we had ample attention (including the biggest fake scandal ever) and I seem to remember us being pretty damn good. 

27 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

I'll never understand why people think this way. 2010 and 2013 we had ample attention (including the biggest fake scandal ever) and I seem to remember us being pretty damn good. 

I assume you just disregard 2015 when we were ranked 6th in the country and almost got beat by an FCS team. But nice post WT. 

1 hour ago, Fricking Ray said:

Most teams like more balance on offense than Auburn. Our DC's defense at Clemson gave up 70 points in a bowl game once. My point being one poor defensive performance doesn't make your DC incompetent or your defense bad.

Our rush defense has been horrid all year but you guys were the first team to really stick to it and run the ball the majority of the time. I will say Pettway is fun to watch when he's not playing against my team, i was surprised how much burst he has 

To make matters worse you broke the SEC rushing record that McFadden/Jones had and we have a bye week next week to think about it

1 minute ago, gohogs14 said:

Our rush defense has been horrid all year but you guys were the first team to really stick to it and run the ball the majority of the time. I will say Pettway is fun to watch when he's not playing against my team, i was surprised how much burst he has 

To make matters worse you broke the SEC rushing record that McFadden/Jones had and we have a bye week next week to think about it

Pettway is a running back trapped in a fullbacks body. 

Your Hogs aren't as bad as it looked. A BYE week will do your team good.

Come back after a loss and you will see a meltdown of epic proportion.

You are welcome to come back any time. At least a few of us are sane.

14 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

Funny this is the first post that pops up when I open this thread. 8 TDs was it?

Indeed it was. Impressive to say the least. Both lines dominated, which is what we've all been waiting to see.

I did nail this one however...

25 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I assume you just disregard 2015 when we were ranked 6th in the country and almost got beat by an FCS team. But nice post WT. 

I didn't disregard anything.  Your post said ALWAYS and that's just not true..

43 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

I didn't disregard anything.  Your post said ALWAYS and that's just not true..

I don't want to speak for anyone else but I think the perception of us doing poorly under high expectations usually does hold true but only to begin a season. By mid season we are who we are or better, usually. 

46 minutes ago, Fricking Ray said:

gohogs14 .... Whats your take on our upcoming game with Ole Miss?

Well we ran for 200 yards on them if that tells you anything. We matched up better with them than we did with you though. I'd expect you to win pretty handily from what i've seen

52 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Well we ran for 200 yards on them if that tells you anything. We matched up better with them than we did with you though. I'd expect you to win pretty handily from what i've seen

I respect your team as you have always played hard-nosed, smash mouth football. Don't buy into the media crap. 

On 10/17/2016 at 0:40 PM, WarTim said:

I agree. I would go with SW as well.......

I stand by my statement ?

On October 23, 2016 at 9:55 AM, gohogs14 said:

I gotta say....it takes a certain level of masochism to come to this board and express your sentiments following that game, but brother I respect the hell out of you for doing so.  I'd gladly buy you a beer.

Archived