What the Razorpigs think about us

DAG

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sharpbbd said:

I think we win if we can hold Auburn to 24 points or less. I see no reason to believe that we can't score 27-30 points.

FINAL SCORE PREDICTION:

Arkansas 31 Auburn 27

Very close to my final score prediction of 27-24. No clue who wins, but I believe the winner will have to score at least 27 to win.

22 minutes ago, Sharpbbd said:

Didn't have defense last year either and your team lost :(

And niether did we. We also started a freshman QB against you in only his 4th ever game. He's now got over a season under his belt and has been putting up video game stats (in regards to his completion % to pass yards) especially against sketchy secondaries. 

Yet with all of this we still take you deep into overtime, at your place. 

This year we've got Carl back, who's grading as a top 3-5 pass rusher in the sec whose matched with an extremely talented and deep dline against one of your coaches all time worst olines. We've got LBers who are playing better run and pass d than we've had since Josh Bynes (2010). 

I hope y'all decide to try and pick on Carlton Davis like msu did. I expect he grabs at least one int against you if he's targeted over 5 times, regardless of who he's covering. 

Trying to compare this auburn team to last years, lolol

8 minutes ago, Charhair said:

And niether did we. We also started a freshman QB against you in only his 4th ever game. He's now got over a season under his belt and has been putting up video game stats (in regards to his completion % to pass yards) especially against sketchy secondaries.

Yet with all of this we still take you deep into overtime, at your place.

This year we've got Carl back, who's grading as a top 3-5 pass rusher in the sec whose matched with an extremely talented and deep dline against one of your coaches all time worst olines. We've got LBers who are playing better run and pass d than we've had since Josh Bynes (2010).

I hope y'all decide to try and pick on Carlton Davis like msu did. I expect he grabs at least one int against you if he's targeted over 5 times, regardless of who he's covering.

Trying to compare this auburn team to last years, lolol

I never did. Obviously you didn't read prior posts. But thanks for the comment. Here's my rebuttal to yours. Your defense might be 4th best if that in the league. We have already posted 30 points against the best. How do you suppose your defense can hold us to less than 30 when bama couldn't? Im done debating this, I will get back on here Saturday and I will accept all apologies or will give ya'll the credit you deserve. I just know from what I have seen this year, for some of the people to have views of this game thinking its a cake walk is laughable.

9 minutes ago, Sharpbbd said:

I never did. Obviously you didn't read prior posts. But thanks for the comment. Here's my rebuttal to yours. Your defense might be 4th best if that in the league. We have already posted 30 points against the best. How do you suppose your defense can hold us to less than 30 when bama couldn't? Im done debating this, I will get back on here Saturday and I will accept all apologies or will give ya'll the credit you deserve. I just know from what I have seen this year, for some of the people to have views of this game thinking its a cake walk is laughable.

Arkansas only scored 21 points against Louisiana Tech. They must have a better defense than bama by your analysis.

and auburn only scored 13 against Clemson so what does that tell you? you can't look at first games. Arkansas has gotten better every game, as has Auburn. This will be a highly competitive game. I am not sitting here trying to tell you we will win by 50. I just am telling you that this game could go either way.

57 minutes ago, Sharpbbd said:

Like I said I understand ya'll do have a defense, but its no Bama, as much as that pains you to read that.

In five games against P5 competition, UAT has allowed 19 PPG. In four games against P5 competition, we've allowed 18.75 PPG.

13 minutes ago, Sharpbbd said:

Bama hung 35 on your defense with only 30 plays from their leading rusher and passer. 

Using the Bama reference as a testament to your offense scoring over the 30 is the same as me saying that's impossible because there's now way you score 30 if deshaun Watson and Clemson only scored 19. 

Ole Miss scored 43 on Bama I believe. 

All im saying is arky vs Bama and arky vs AU 2015 have very little to do with this game. 

OMG ok now I know why I cant watch the Paul Finebaum show: I have to hear countless Auburn fans calling to try and convince the world that they are not Bama's stepbrother! SMH. All Auburn fans can just keep thinking that you will win by at least 3 TD's, Arkansas wont be able to score, and we might as well get on the bus at half. Meanwhile I will be on here Saturday night at roughly 9:00pm to listen to crickets chirp.....then Sunday morning I will read the posts about how Tom Herman needs to be your next coach.

3 hours ago, Sharpbbd said:

I truly was trying to give a simple view as to what Razorback fans were thinking (which was the point of this thread) and apparently that's no interest to Auburn fans!

Hogville poster? Welcome. It is good to have another view from an opposing fanbase.

Another note that I will point out about this game that I think leans in Auburns favor is the fact that Auburn (although a slim chance) does still have a chance at the SEC west crown. Does that make them play harder, we will see. But I wouldn't think it could hurt.

4 hours ago, Sharpbbd said:

OMG ok now I know why I cant watch the Paul Finebaum show: I have to hear countless Auburn fans calling to try and convince the world that they are not Bama's stepbrother! SMH. All Auburn fans can just keep thinking that you will win by at least 3 TD's, Arkansas wont be able to score, and we might as well get on the bus at half. Meanwhile I will be on here Saturday night at roughly 9:00pm to listen to crickets chirp.....then Sunday morning I will read the posts about how Tom Herman needs to be your next coach.

Sounds like you can't deal with a differing opinion and set of facts.  You're unraveling.

5 hours ago, Sharpbbd said:

I truly was trying to give a simple view as to what Razorback fans were thinking (which was the point of this thread) and apparently that's no interest to Auburn fans!

Sharp, some of us appreciate a biased (though I understand you initially said it could go both ways) opinion from the other side, especially if it is respectful, considering this is an Auburn board.  That said, there are others that see everything through orange and blue glasses, that when cornered by differing opinions in their own "house", will lash back.  Stay classy, and you will be welcomed here, but take a turn for the worst, and we can nearly guarantee you will be shut down by the moderators.

Overall, I agree with you that this game could go either way, and stands to be a highly competitive game.  I think both teams match up well, but Arkansas has given us fits the past several years regardless of the coach.  that scares me a bit.  I do hope that we hang 60 on the hogs, as I am sure you hope the same for your team.  I guess we need to just each hope for wins from our teams. 

As for you coming back on Saturday evening......stay classy!  if you guys win, I advise you celebrate with other hog fans and not waste your time coming and gloating.  that seems counterproductive to me.  I have never understood that type of thinking, nor have I ever created a profile on a rivals forum to discuss a game we are getting ready to play...............

Good luck, stay safe, be careful (if you are going to the game), and War Eagle!

10 hours ago, Sharpbbd said:

New to this site, but I am a Razorback fan and I can't speak for everyone but I can give you my mindset on the game. I think it is a fair analysis and again does not speak for everyone just myself personally.

1.) I feel we have already played the best two defenses in the league and have managed to score points (A&M 24, BAMA 30). Both teams made us basically one dimensional by taking away the running game. Our passing game is potent enough to score points, the flip side is it lowers our time of possession and puts the other teams offense on the field.

2.) Auburn has a very good defense as witnessed by the Clemson game right off the bat. I do feel that they can stop the run against us. But I do not believe that will stop Arkansas from scoring. Again, Bama and A&M both did this but could not keep Arkansas out of the endzone completely.

3.) So why do I feel we can win, and why do I feel we could lose? I think we win if we can hold Auburn to 24 points or less. I see no reason to believe that we can't score 27-30 points. Again take the two defenses we have played that I consider to be the top two in the conference and you can see where I get that number. Although SW is a capable quarterback, I think Arkansas can make enough stops as they did against a very potent Ole Miss team to keep Auburn behind and allow us to get the victory. Why do I think we could lose. Again, I think TOP is key. I believe that if Arkansas gets behind early, this would play into Auburns hands. It takes our best defense at this point out of play. Auburn has a good enough defense to make things difficult if we become completely one dimensional. I think special teams could become a huge factor. Arkansas is having some difficulty at place kicker, and I believe Auburn has the edge there. Plus, its a home game for Auburn.

I feel these could be two of the most evenly matched teams to face each other all year, very similar to Arkansas' matchup with Ole Miss. And, the statement made earlier that if Auburn brought their best game and Arkansas brought theirs that Arkansas would have no chance is ludicrous.

Lastly my breakdown as far as position advantages:

Quarterback - Arkansas

Runningbacks - Arkansas (although this was close)

O-Line - Auburn

Receivers - Arkansas

D-Line - Auburn

Linebackers - Auburn (Arkansas Dre' Greenlaw out)

Defensive Backs - Arkansas

Place Kicker - Auburn

Punter - Arkansas

FINAL SCORE PREDICTION:

Arkansas 31 Auburn 27

Let me preface this by saying I had no issues with your fan base or even your team.  I did when Brett came into town though.  And you think I would like him as my cousin started center for him at Wisconsin.  He is known for overhyping his teams, and not knowing where to hold his tongue.  That does not reflect on you as a fan though.  You do have a very good quarterback, but you do not have a good offensive line.  We have one of the deepest and most talented defensive lines in the country, and Alabama and Texas A&M have proven that it doesn't matter how good your quarterback is when he is rammed into the ground.  We have shown we only need to rush four to get pressure on the quarterback, freeing up extra men on your receivers.  Alabama is known to be blitz happy.  Alabama has a big weakness in their secondary which is why you could air it out.  Thats where I may disagree with you in that I think our secondary is better.  I do not know about your running backs so I can't comment there, but again if you don't have an offensive line it won't matter how good they are.  Just be careful in your confidence in how many points you can put up.  Clemson's offense is a lot better than Arkansas', and they only got 19 points (they were bragging that they would at least put up 60).

In any case, if you go to the game, have a good time and we welcome you.  Although people on here can get testy, our atmosphere on gameday is known nationally as being opponent-friendly.  I would not hesitate to say your family would enjoy the trip.

19 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Let me preface this by saying I had no issues with your fan base or even your team.  I did when Brett came into town though.  And you think I would like him as my cousin started center for him at Wisconsin.  He is known for overhyping his teams, and not knowing where to hold his tongue.  That does not reflect on you as a fan though.  You do have a very good quarterback, but you do not have a good offensive line.  We have one of the deepest and most talented defensive lines in the country, and Alabama and Texas A&M have proven that it doesn't matter how good your quarterback is when he is rammed into the ground.  We have shown we only need to rush four to get pressure on the quarterback, freeing up extra men on your receivers.  Alabama is known to be blitz happy.  Alabama has a big weakness in their secondary which is why you could air it out.  Thats where I may disagree with you in that I think our secondary is better.  I do not know about your running backs so I can't comment there, but again if you don't have an offensive line it won't matter how good they are.  Just be careful in your confidence in how many points you can put up.  Clemson's offense is a lot better than Arkansas', and they only got 19 points (they were bragging that they would at least put up 60).

In any case, if you go to the game, have a good time and we welcome you.  Although people on here can get testy, our atmosphere on gameday is known nationally as being opponent-friendly.  I would not hesitate to say your family would enjoy the trip.

To add to this, I will say that I do NOT believe Arkansas has an advantage at RB. If we had one primary RB, then our starters numbers would be equivalent to Raleigh Williams. If you look at the stats, We have two RBs in the top seven in the SEC, KP being in the top 5. Both are averaging over 5 yards per carry. Both have played 1 less game than RW. KJ has 6 TDs/ KP has 4 TDs in comparison to RWs 5 TDs. KP is averaging over 100 yards and KJ is averaging close to 90 yards per game, while RW is averaging about 112 yards per game.

Also, I can't give anyone's secondary an advantage. I consider it a wash if anything. 

Our secondary is much better, especially our corners. Matching up in man against Arky receivers will not be an issue. 

And to use the clemson game to point out our offensive deficiencies is asinine.

33 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Our secondary is much better, especially our corners. Matching up in man against Arky receivers will not be an issue. 

And to use the clemson game to point out our offensive deficiencies is asinine.

Fear the whirleybird.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Alabama and Texas A&M have proven that it doesn't matter how good your quarterback is when he is rammed into the ground.

I mean he threw for nearly 800 combined yards in those games. He got the hell beat out of him but still had success...and A&M only ended up sacking him once despite getting constant pressure.

I'll take the "pressure" and AU Defense "beating the hell out of him"......

Another Hog fan here.  Excited to see this game as I think these two teams are pretty well matched.  

As a Hog fan my biggest concern (and I think every Hog fan's biggest concern) every game is our Oline.  It is terrible- or based on last week's results and how good A&M/Bama are maybe it is just bad- not sure.  That's really the only debatable point:  is our oline terrible or bad?  But we know it isn't good enough.  

However, as has been discussed here.  Most Hog fans wouldn't trade our QB for anyone in the conference.  The kid is tough as nails (good thing) and just fun to watch.  

In terms of our running backs:  RWIII is good for sure, but not great but he is getting better.  I also think he will have some extra motivation this week since a face mask from an Auburn player last year almost ended his career.  He had a VERY serious neck injury.  One back you guys might not have seen much of is Devwayh Whaley.   He didn't play much early because he is a true freshman and struggled with pass blocking.  However, he played quite a bit last week and has come a long way in pass protection.  He is legit and has people here VERY excited.  They are not Felix Jones and Darren McFadden but together are a pretty good tandem.  

Dan Enos is a great game caller and even with this Oline being bad he has put the team in position to move the ball.  AA is one of the top QBs, RWIII leading the league in rushing, Jared Cornelius is a top 5 WR in the SEC.  That includes games against A&M and Bama... Biggest concern for us on offense is keeping Allen healthy behind this Oline.  

Our defense is NOT GOOD.  Tempo causes us issues (couldn't even get lined up vs Ole Miss some).  Our line backers are slow.  Our DB's have shown MUCH improvement in pass defense this year but this defense has an uncanny way of giving up chunk plays at the worst possible moment.  

I don't know who will win this game but I am certain points will be scored (that is no slight to the Auburn defense).  (Then again, we all thought the same thing about Ole Miss). Great match up with strength vs strength with Auburn D vs Arkansas O.   I think the game is all about the Auburn Dline vs Ark Oline matchup.  If we can't limit the damage the dline does (they will do some) then it could be a very long day on the plains for the Hogs.   

12 minutes ago, RoadHog said:

Another Hog fan here.  Excited to see this game as I think these two teams are pretty well matched.  

As a Hog fan my biggest concern (and I think every Hog fan's biggest concern) every game is our Oline.  It is terrible- or based on last week's results and how good A&M/Bama are maybe it is just bad- not sure.  That's really the only debatable point:  is our oline terrible or bad?  But we know it isn't good enough.  

However, as has been discussed here.  Most Hog fans wouldn't trade our QB for anyone in the conference.  The kid is tough as nails (good thing) and just fun to watch.  

In terms of our running backs:  RWIII is good for sure, but not great but he is getting better.  I also think he will have some extra motivation this week since a face mask from an Auburn player last year almost ended his career.  He had a VERY serious neck injury.  One back you guys might not have seen much of is Devwayh Whaley.   He didn't play much early because he is a true freshman and struggled with pass blocking.  However, he played quite a bit last week and has come a long way in pass protection.  He is legit and has people here VERY excited.  They are not Felix Jones and Darren McFadden but together are a pretty good tandem.  

Dan Enos is a great game caller and even with this Oline being bad he has put the team in position to move the ball.  AA is one of the top QBs, RWIII leading the league in rushing, Jared Cornelius is a top 5 WR in the SEC.  That includes games against A&M and Bama... Biggest concern for us on offense is keeping Allen healthy behind this Oline.  

Our defense is NOT GOOD.  Tempo causes us issues (couldn't even get lined up vs Ole Miss some).  Our line backers are slow.  Our DB's have shown MUCH improvement in pass defense this year but this defense has an uncanny way of giving up chunk plays at the worst possible moment.  

I don't know who will win this game but I am certain points will be scored (that is no slight to the Auburn defense).  (Then again, we all thought the same thing about Ole Miss). Great match up with strength vs strength with Auburn D vs Arkansas O.   I think the game is all about the Auburn Dline vs Ark Oline matchup.  If we can't limit the damage the dline does (they will do some) then it could be a very long day on the plains for the Hogs.   

Welcome to the board. Quality first post. Best of luck come this Saturday!

Archived