What the Razorpigs think about us

DAG

37 minutes ago, Michael X said:

Going down to the Loveliest Village for the game so I hope it'll be fun to watch! At least more fun than the last AU game I went to; it was in 2001 vs. MSU and AU struggled their way to a 16-14 win. The general suckiness of Auburn looking like they might lose plus the copious amounts of alcohol consumed due to my brother getting married that morning and then tailgating before the game definitely had my barfometer almost pegged. :puke:  

It'll certainly be better than last year's Arkansas Game.  By OT #3, everyone in the stands was thinking "just end it already".  Talk about a marathon game and not because both teams were playing great.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

It'll certainly be better than last year's Arkansas Game.  By OT #3, everyone in the stands was thinking "just end it already".  Talk about a marathon game and not because both teams were playing great.

Hey we've played in two 7-overtime games...went by pretty quick to me lol

Just now, gohogs14 said:

You have my sympathies.  I missed a family gathering the afternoon of the game, last year, because it ran so long.  I'm in Kansas City, by the way. I have been to every AU game at Arkansas since 2009. Unfortunately last year was my wife's first Auburn game... I had to do a lot of apologizing.

18 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Get your money's worth

On another topic, Check out how close AU's White and Ark's Allen are in QBR. White is 9th at %, Allen 29th.  White's stock over the last 3 games is skyrocketing. This is going to be a fun game.

QB stats

Drill down to each: White's in conference % comp 71.8%, Allen's is 59% - each with three conference games. White's October % is 80.0 (eighty boys and girls) and his Oct QBR is just north of 208.

18 minutes ago, oldaufeller said:

Get your money's worth

On another topic, Check out how close AU's White and Ark's Allen are in QBR. White is 9th at %, Allen 29th.  White's stock over the last 3 games is skyrocketing. This is going to be a fun game.

QB stats

Drill down to each: White's in conference % comp 71.8%, Allen's is 59% - each with three conference games. White's October % is 80.0 (eighty boys and girls) and his Oct QBR is just north of 208.

Sean is turning into quite the QB, as many of us expected him to, but I'd still give Allen the edge because of maturity and toughness... and because he throws a lot more. Of course, White will be fresh and Allen has taken a beating repeatedly, so that might play into White's favor.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Sean is turning into quite the QB, as many of us expected him to, but I'd still give Allen the edge because of maturity and toughness... and because he throws a lot more. Of course, White will be fresh and Allen has taken a beating repeatedly, so that might play into White's favor.

I feel that is a fair and accurate assessment.  Arks got a good crop of receivers where we're just now getting our house in order. Allen is also a junior, White is a sophomore.  

47 minutes ago, oldaufeller said:

White's October % is 80.0 (eighty boys and girls) and his Oct QBR is just north of 208.

The average October defenses:

Scoring Defense: 32.35 (92nd Nationally)

Total Defense: 418.25 (76th Nationally)

Passing Efficiency Defense: 134.64 (78th Nationally)

29 minutes ago, selias said:

The next time I'm concerned about what an opposing fan base thinks of us will be the first.

Solid input in a thread that is strictly about what an opposing fanbase thinks of us.

16 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

The average October defenses:

Scoring Defense: 32.35 (92nd Nationally)

Total Defense: 418.25 (76th Nationally)

Passing Efficiency Defense: 134.64 (78th Nationally)

Still not ready to join the rest of the world who have finally realized that Sean is a great QB, I see... 

13 hours ago, selias said:

The next time I'm concerned about what an opposing fan base thinks of us will be the first.

Congrats?

On 10/20/2016 at 9:31 AM, lionheartkc said:

Still not ready to join the rest of the world who have finally realized that Sean is a great QB, I see... 

Can't argue facts I know, so I get why bias wins out for many of you.

6 TDs six games into the season, three of them against cupcake defenses, says he's not a "great" QB.

Sufficient, yes.

3 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

6 TDs six games into the season, three of them against cupcake defenses, says he's not a "great" QB.

Sufficient, yes.

Though I can't concur with the negative tone, I do concur that Sean isn't "great." That word gets thrown around too loosely these days in the sports world. However, Sean could have a big game, as Arky's defense is pretty cupcakelike. 

16 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Though I can't concur with the negative tone, I do concur that Sean isn't "great." That word gets thrown around too loosely these days in the sports world. However, Sean could have a big game, as Arky's defense is pretty cupcakelike. 

Wasn't meant to be a negative tone. White is what he is...a sufficient game manager.

Our run game is humming right now. When that happens, the D stacks the box, forcing man-to-man coverage, thus any QB should look good as long as they aren't channeling Jamie Howard.

White should look good again v ARK because they have probs stopping the run, forcing more defenders into the box. Pettway will have another monster game, esp if Kerryon is still sidelined.

Ditto against Ole Miss.

ARK has both Safeties sidelined (one of them in the 1st half), thus I expect to see some play-action over the LBs.

White will get challenged against Georgia & bammer because they are efficient at stopping the run (#16 and #1 respectively).

I'm one of those guys pumping White and his numbers.  It is a great upside potential.  However, you don't save babies from burning buildings if you don't ever encounter burning buildings.  Point is, I'll be satisfied if our team doesn't require a Heisman type quarterback to be successful.  SW's form is better and his precision and decision making have demonstrated a rapid maturing at QB.  I'm not ready to throw up another statue - but with a few quality games left on our schedule and our receivers stepping up, I think he's poised to make an impact.  All to say, he's shown signs of good->great, here's your chance.  If our insane RB set lights up the world we may never need to push SW - I'd be alright with that.  But with all the poo they've (yes they have) endured - I'd sure like to see them light it up.  Ark is a great team for this weekend.  I think they'll bring their best game but I think we may have caught favorable scheduling. I'm predicting a bruiser, it's time for the coal to go to diamond.  WE

30 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

How can the QB with the #1 Efficiency rating and the #1 for QBR in the SEC, #12 in the nation, after 6 games, not be "great"? How are we defining great? Is J.T. Barrett great?  I know he's a Heisman contender. I also know he's #11 for QBR... one position ahead of Sean. Is it because Sean isn't a natural runner? Please say that's not your criteria.

40 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Sufficient, yes.

How many TDs cross the line into the great category?

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It does feel like "good" & "great" have become a bit of a moving target for some people's evaluation of SW. 

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

How can the QB with the #1 Efficiency rating and the #1 for QBR in the SEC, #15 in the nation, after 6 games, not be "great"? How are we defining great? Is J.T. Barrett great?  I know he's a Heisman contender. I also know he's #14 for QBR... one position ahead of Sean. Is it because Sean isn't a natural runner? Please say that's not your criteria.

Run game is pounding cupcakes. Loads the box. QB gets man-on-man.

Imagine if Bart had his typical dominating O-Line this season. Allen would be off the charts in the stats. He leads the SEC in passing TDs (8th in the Nation) despite giving up an average of 5 sacks and 9.5 QBH the last two games.

SW Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4 Column5 Column6 Column7 Column8 Column9
Game Completions Attempts Yards TD INT YP Completion Comp % Avg Attempts PG Avg Yards a Game
Clem 10 21 140 0 1 14 0.48 23 176
Tex AM 18 27 126 0 0 7 0.67    
LSU 19 26 234 0 0 12.32 0.73    
State 14 18 204 1 1 14.57 0.78    
Total/Avg 61 92 704 1 2 11.54 0.66      Against non Cupcake  

AA Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4 Column5 Column6 Column7 Column8 Column9
Game Completions Attempts Yards TD INT YP Completion Comp % Avg Atempts PG Avg Yards a Game
TCU 17 29 223 3 0 13.12 0.59 37.75 305.75
Tex AM 28 42 371 2 0 13.25 0.67    
ALA 25 48 400 3 3 16.00 0.52    
Ole Miss 19 32 229 3 1 12.05 0.59    
Total/Avg 89 151 1223 11 4 13.74 0.59             Against non Cupcake  

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Top 10, but depends on how many INTs they're throwing, thus the Texas Tech, Cal and Washington St QBs could fall into that because of their high number of throws. However, I will say of those three teams, Mahomes has really impressed me. He's got a legit shot of starting in the NFL one day.

7 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Run game is pounding cupcakes. Loads the box. QB gets man-on-man.

Imagine if Bart had his typical dominating O-Line this season. Allen would be off the charts in the stats. He leads the SEC in passing TDs (8th in the Nation) despite giving up an average of 5 sacks and 9.5 QBH the last two games.

Yup... and Allen is a great QB.  I've said more than once that he's currently performing better than Sean.  Just because one team has a great QB doesn't mean another can't.

As for the whole cupcakes argument... We've faced 3 SEC opponents and 2 undefeated teams and in all but one of those games, which was a complete cluster thanks to a psychotic QB rotation, and Sean has put up stellar completion numbers... so that argument holds no water.

48 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Our defense has given up big chunks of pass yardage but they are also 3rd in the SEC in interceptions with 7 and 3 of them are pick sixes. I think our CBs are actually pretty good but our safeties and LBs are awful in pass coverage so there should be a lot of room to throw over the middle and underneath.

13 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Our defense has given up big chunks of pass yardage but they are also 3rd in the SEC in interceptions with 7 and 3 of them are pick sixes. I think our CBs are actually pretty good but our safeties and LBs are awful in pass coverage so there should be a lot of room to throw over the middle and underneath.

Well that's good to hear since those are the passes that Sean White excels at throwing.

36 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

How can the QB with the #1 Efficiency rating and the #1 for QBR in the SEC, #12 in the nation, after 6 games, not be "great"? How are we defining great? Is J.T. Barrett great?  I know he's a Heisman contender. I also know he's #11 for QBR... one position ahead of Sean. Is it because Sean isn't a natural runner? Please say that's not your criteria.

Running is not a requirement to be a great college qb. To me being great or greatness isn't judged by a snapshot. Someone can have a great game, or even a great stretch of games, and not be great. Terry Bowden had a great season as a head coach, but no one would consider him great, same for Gene Chizik. Tre Smith had a great game against Alabama, and other great moments in his career, but he isn't considered amount the Auburn Running back Greats. Fans and commentators throw the word great around too loosely. Also, for a qb part of greatness is wins and to a lesser degree championships, not completion percentage. I think Sean has room to grow and still has plenty of upside. He may have had a great game or two, but I would not consider him a great qb yet. 

Against Arky, he may have another great game. 

Archived