Lashlee

tomcat

Anybody ready to take back all the bad things they said about Rhett? For sure I was guilty....I'm gonna guess he was Gus's "boy" since high school and it was tough to not be subservient to Gus. Regardless, it seems to be working, and I'm darned happy.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.  Rhett has stole money from AU since Gus was hired in 2012.  Glad to see Rhett finally earning a pay check.

wde

Rhett will get my vote for staying if he will just keep the pedal to the metal for most of the 2nd Half. Arkansas cannot be allowed to squeak back into this game. We need the momentum and confidence for the rest of the season and it starts here if we can keep it going.

Im glad hes calling plays and being efficient  however id love to have briles or a big named oc and qb coach here. If the insiders are aaying that lashlee has become the master oc and established better routes and things then amazing turn around and good luck going to apread your wings without gm and war eagle 

Not at all, open your eyes, this is the Herb Hand/Gus Malzahn Tulsa offense, Herb is calling the shots and Rhett's time has been written already.  RL cannot develop a QB from a tools standpoint, expert in teaching the Gus offense, but not in the other capacities. 

This will at least be a fun season to watch.  Gotta have A&M lose again and a little bit of luck and good health and we could see ourselves playing to head to Atlanta.  Wow.  What a possibility...Hope is a great thing. 

It sure is.  Right or wrong, national commentary is its own thumbs up or down.  So nice to hear all of the Auburn love right now.  My favorite quote of the night was something along the lines of, "And Arkansas hung 30 on Bama...."  :Sing:

Ooh...here's one just now, "How good does the Iron Bowl look now?"

I'll admit I was frustrated and wrong by wanting lashlee and gus gone.  The fact that Gus was man enough to admit that he needed to hand over the playcalling responsibility to lashlee is fact enough for me to admit I was stupid lol thanks for proving me wrong, coaches!

I don't think that the people who wanted to get rid of Rhett knew much about what was actually going on at Auburn and I also don't think that they know much about coaching.  That said, I also don't pay much attention to anything I read on the internet, or AU message boards.  War Eagle - Big win tonight.

1 hour ago, AU_Engineer said:

The offense was RHETT HOT today !!

That actually made me laugh... dunno if it's actually funny... or if 53 point wins make it too easy to laugh at anything.

I have to give CGM credit for realizing that he had to step back and allow Hand and Lashlee make things work. If they can come up with as good a game plan next week on the road at Ole Miss and Defense does their part, it may very well be a much brighter Amen Corner this year. Here is hoping the youngsters keep learning and growing. WDE!

I thought that there was more to it with Rhett being a bad OC. He is making Gus a better coach through letting Gus be the coach and not an over the shoulder micromanager. I feel that Gus will be at Auburn for many additional years. Any coach will have some down years and Gus is not immune to this. The overall coaching staff is much better than last season. CKS has turned out to be a great hire. He has a very good coaching staff  under him that seems to work well together with a defensive plan for each game that works. I think losing CDC is a blessing in disguise. Cannot wait until we make OM our next victim.  I see us leaving Oxturd with a 42-17 win. Kelly will see an even better defense that what he is seeing tonight with LSU. I hate LSU and OM about the same. I guess I would rather see LSU win so that OM will be down. 

4 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Not at all, open your eyes, this is the Herb Hand/Gus Malzahn Tulsa offense, Herb is calling the shots and Rhett's time has been written already.  RL cannot develop a QB from a tools standpoint, expert in teaching the Gus offense, but not in the other capacities. 

Swing and a miss

I was ready to send Gus packing for sure if he didnt make a change of some kind.  I didnt think he could do it without outside help but I was wrong and I am happy he got it right.  Rhett is doing awsome the only thing I think he should clean up is White licking his fingers before a pass play he gives up the play when he does it.  War Eagle I wish I hadnt give up my seat on the Gus Bus.

Archived