Lashlee

tomcat

I'm no insider so I don't if the problem was Gus calling plays or Rhett calling plays or even Hand.But what ever has changed has changed for the better and whatever it is, is working for me.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, AU_Engineer said:

The offense was RHETT HOT today !!

#RHETTHOTT!!!

I like it, very clever. ;)

I'm not ready to lay yesterday's win at the feet of good play calling/game planning. Most of it was seriously just our guys manhandling their guys. There were a couple of great wrinkles, but we still don't have a balanced offense, mostly because of play calling, and we'll need one for the iron bowl. We aren't going to be able to run at will vs bama.

Rhett is certainly calling better games than Gus was, but he has not shown me that he is a rock star OC yet.

anyone have an ideas on what jj said to rhett on the sideline? he sure was not smiling. not trying to flame anything just curious.

For one here, I am glad the play calling this week will be done by the Lashlee/Hand combination since we are playing one of Gus' best friends. One thing that has changed  (and it has to stay that way) is that Gus' tendencies in play calling is somewhat out the window. Here is to hoping we can move one more notch up the improvement ladder and play another complete game at Ole Miss.

15 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Not at all, open your eyes, this is the Herb Hand/Gus Malzahn Tulsa offense, Herb is calling the shots and Rhett's time has been written already.  RL cannot develop a QB from a tools standpoint, expert in teaching the Gus offense, but not in the other capacities. 

Man, your lenses are so cloudy you need cataract surgery!

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm not ready to lay yesterday's win at the feet of good play calling/game planning. Most of it was seriously just our guys manhandling their guys. There were a couple of great wrinkles, but we still don't have a balanced offense, mostly because of play calling, and we'll need one for the iron bowl. We aren't going to be able to run at will vs bama.

Rhett is certainly calling better games than Gus was, but he has not shown me that he is a rock star OC yet.

How do we know we will not be able to run the ball on the turds?We have before and we might again.

At this point don't compare us or anyone else to the turds.  Not downing us but they are different than everyone else so let's compare ourselves to everyone else.  

23 minutes ago, lala said:

At this point don't compare us or anyone else to the turds.  Not downing us but they are different than everyone else so let's compare ourselves to everyone else.  

Wat?

I enjoy our team and the way we are executing the plays. Why pass when we can run at will? Who needs balance run vs pass when we can almost run for 10 yards per play? I think we are capable of a more balanced attack if needed. Sean White is capable as a game manager, short to intermediate throws is his expertise. I believe we are going to win every game from here out to the Iron bowl. I believe our defense is as good as ANYONE'S!  Our boys are playing with confidence and passion, with a chip on their shoulders as the saying goes. I love the fact that we protect what is sacred to Auburn, our logo, and no one desrespects  it.

I regret that I let my emotions get the best of me early this season, joining in with others and called for Coach Lashlee ' s job.

I believe again in "The Gus Bus" and I am back on board. I am so glad CGM righted the ship, did some self evaluation and made changes necessary to get this team playing like they are. I didn't believe him after the loss to A&M that we were so close but now I see how right he was! 

War Eagle! IGTBAAT!!!!

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

How do we know we will not be able to run the ball on the turds?We have before and we might again.

I didn't say we won't be able to run, I said we won't be able to run at will. They are going to be the best defence we face all year. We will need to be balanced.

7 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I enjoy our team and the way we are executing the plays. Why pass when we can run at will? Who needs balance run vs pass when we can almost run for 10 yards per play? I think we are capable of a more balanced attack if needed. Sean White is capable as a game manager, short to intermediate throws is his expertise. I believe we are going to win every game from here out to the Iron bowl. I believe our defense is as good as ANYONE'S!  Our boys are playing with confidence and passion, with a chip on their shoulders as the saying goes. I love the fact that we protect what is sacred to Auburn, our logo, and no one desrespects  it.

Totally agree with everything you say. The thing that bothered me yesterday, was that Sean was not sharp like he has been. That cost us at least one drive. It didn't matter yesterday, but it will going forward.

I do think we can run the table until the iron bowl.  Still, I hope we continue to work in our passing O.

I'm just impressed that Lashlee appears to be doing great and is able to manage his family life with two sets of twins (rambonxious boys and baby girls). He seems to be a great dad and as a mother of a toddler, I give him props. I can't imagine how I would function! 

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

anyone have an ideas on what jj said to rhett on the sideline? he sure was not smiling. not trying to flame anything just curious.

I thought that was weird.  The AD has absolutely no business talking to a player or coach during a game.  He needs to be the hell back from them

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I thought that was weird.  The AD has absolutely no business talking to a player or coach during a game.  He needs to be the hell back from them

When was this? Sometimes you miss the weird things when you're in the stadium and can't watch from home. 

24 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Totally agree with everything you say. The thing that bothered me yesterday, was that Sean was not sharp like he has been. That cost us at least one drive. It didn't matter yesterday, but it will going forward.

I do think we can run the table until the iron bowl.  Still, I hope we continue to work in our passing O.

Your right SW was not as sharp,but that could be from the off week and JF3 getting a lot of the reps,he also only threw 11 passes,hard to get in a groove like that.

17 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

No.  Rhett has stole money from AU since Gus was hired in 2012.  Glad to see Rhett finally earning a pay check.

wde

Completely wrong. He has done exactly what his boss told him to do just like you do. It was his boss's fault not to allow his input earlier. Folks should not open their mouth until they stop and think about which they are about to say, then they would not look so dumb. WDE

30 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I'm just impressed that Lashlee appears to be doing great and is able to manage his family life with two sets of twins (rambonxious boys and baby girls). He seems to be a great dad and as a mother of a toddler, I give him props. I can't imagine how I would function! 

I can't imagine that many monsters either but a 500-600$thousand salary and unlimited resources would certainly help.

28 minutes ago, alexava said:

I can't imagine that many monsters either but a 500-600$thousand salary and unlimited resources would certainly help.

Very true. It could help support around the clock help. I know I would need it!

40 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Your right SW was not as sharp,but that could be from the off week and JF3 getting a lot of the reps,he also only threw 11 passes,hard to get in a groove like that.

Truth. I'm not expecting Sean to be anything but accurate going forward. I do feel like game planning had something to do with his lack of performance in the air.  it usually takes his first 1/4 of his passes to get in a groove.  Of course Stevens dropped his obligitory one pass per game, too.

CRL is doing a great job. I still wonder if it would be  best serve for him to get another opportunity if the appropriate is offer is there. As was shown last night, he has been everywhere Gus has been. It is sad that it has taken until the 4th year for him to have complete control of the offense.

Am I the only one here staring to worry that Coach Lashlee will get an HC position he's willing to accept?

The nerd in me says "even Commander Reicher...."

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I HATE our WR rotation in our obvious passing sets. Time to stop playing favorites once and for all. GET STEVENS AND DAVIS OUT OF THERE!!! Our young dudes are more talented in half a season then they have been the whole year. Also stevens and marcus davis comes from the D craig school of BODY catches. Our young guns snag that ball out of the air. Gus has always played favorites and leaned on older less talented players than more talented underclassmen.

Archived