Lashlee

tomcat

On 10/23/2016 at 8:49 AM, Cooper said:

I was ready to send Gus packing for sure if he didnt make a change of some kind.  I didnt think he could do it without outside help but I was wrong and I am happy he got it right.  Rhett is doing awsome the only thing I think he should clean up is White licking his fingers before a pass play he gives up the play when he does it.  War Eagle I wish I hadnt give up my seat on the Gus Bus.

I'm going to pay closer attention to this. He doesn't do it on running plays?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I'm going to pay closer attention to this. He doesn't do it on running plays?

I haven't noticed it at all. Disgusting to think about. 

8 minutes ago, alexava said:

I haven't noticed it at all. Disgusting to think about. 

lolol yeah I've definitely seen him do it quite a bit but I haven't tried to connect the dots to what kind of play calls follow the finger lick 

probably tastes salty

As pleased as I am about the turn around, I still don't think we have anyone on staff that can develop a QB. I know it's nitpicking but White is still not throwing the deep ball very well. He throws too many passes off is back foot and falls away. I think RL will leave at the end of the season but go out on a high rather than as a goat. The interesting thing I see is now that White is playing better, if we bring in Briles and Steadman will White transfer.

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

lolol yeah I've definitely seen him do it quite a bit but I haven't tried to connect the dots to what kind of play calls follow the finger lick 

probably tastes salty

I would just spit and rub it in. No licking

10 minutes ago, bg5 said:

As pleased as I am about the turn around, I still don't think we have anyone on staff that can develop a QB. I know it's nitpicking but White is still not throwing the deep ball very well. He throws too many passes off is back foot and falls away. I think RL will leave at the end of the season but go out on a high rather than as a goat. The interesting thing I see is now that White is playing better, if we bring in Briles and Steadman will White transfer.

that is something that cannot be taught. Sean is heaving the deep ball and therefore loses all of his accuracy. He does not have the arm strength to make a accurate deep ball. That is just something God given. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Everyone needs a little bacteria in their bodies..lol

3 hours ago, alexava said:

I'm sure when we beat bama, it will be lickgate instead of deflategate.  

Something along the lines

wah wah wah, Sean White washed his hands before each pass.  You can't wash your hands before each pass. Lickgate. Lickgate. wah wah wah

And somehow they'll get an NCAA investigation out of it.  ugh.

BTW, old poker strategy to broadcast "false" signals by putting out some habit you opponent locks on to that is really a control.  I hope they notice and get thier "oops" moment from it.

3 hours ago, bg5 said:

During the game they actually showed clips of Sean throwing the deep ball with perfect form.  They pointed out that he gets the adrenaline flowing and loses his form once he's live.  It can be fixed and hopefully will be as he gets more experience with those throws.

SW will settle down as he gains more experience and won't miss on those "gimme" throws as much.

What's incredible about our team is that we're not only playing very well but actively growing in the process. Last year was full of growing pains and was an important learning experience for all these young guys playing right now. 

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

SW will settle down as he gains more experience and won't miss on those "gimme" throws as much.

What's incredible about our team is that we're not only playing very well but actively growing in the process. Last year was full of growing pains and was an important learning experience for all these young guys playing right now. 

The thing is, SW has equivalent of one year of game experience .....and has about 2 and a half years ahead of him to grow as a college QB.   Seems to me his upside is huge just considering how far he has come already.    It's been a while since AU has had a starting QB this young .....and playing so well....where we could look forward to watching him develop.

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Nick Marshall never had an accurate deep ball either, he just slung it up to Sammie to come down with it. It's up to the receivers to make plays and so far they're doing it for SW (who is giving them a chance) 

The difference between Sean and John/Nick is the latter two make up for their lack of accuracy with quickness and speed.  All Sean has is his arm to carry him to the next level, so he needs to keep honing that skill.

If Sean ever wants to be more than just a seriously accurate college QB, he needs to become a consistent deep threat. He's close... he's just not quite there.  Like the touchdown pass on Saturday.  Truitt had to stop for a split second to secure the catch. Sean put it where it needed to be, but it wasn't as pretty as it could have been. His throw to Nate was perfectly placed where only he could make a play on it, but it was wobbly. I'm sure it also nags at him that the best deep ball thrown all year was thrown by John and not him. 

I have no doubt he can get there. From everything I've heard him say and read about him, he's never really satisfied with his level of play and always looking to improve. His numbers show that his accuracy is already well beyond most of his peers. I'd just love to see the deep ball click for him before we finish the season, because if he can become that deep threat, and get to where he's consistent from the first whistle to the last without needing in-game warm-up throws... there's no stopping us.

getting back to rhett it is not fair to imply it is other coaches brains and he is just calling the plays on the field. i sure see rhett discussing things with herb on the headsets  and i bet they are not talking fishing. just give the kid a break. besides, i thought all o coaches looked at film and give their input. receivers and running back coaches as well. grad assistants add if they see something on film. heck even a great d coach will tell his head coach if he sees certain tendencies. someone on here claiming to be in the know has insinuated rhett was useless. i am not sure i believe that. friends or not if your coaching job is on the line you do not hand it to the most useless coach on the field do you? if anything i am willing to bet gus might have handcuffed rhett on a lt of things because he is such a control freak. now can i be wrong? well sure. but at this stage of the game with things clicking we should get behind the man. gosh i wonder how hard it is to coach a team when a lot of the fans are not grateful for what you do. just give him a chance...........

On October 25, 2016 at 3:33 PM, The Freak said:

TWSS

Finally took the time to look it up.

Now I understand (he said simply).

38 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

getting back to rhett it is not fair to imply it is other coaches brains and he is just calling the plays on the field. i sure see rhett discussing things with herb on the headsets  and i bet they are not talking fishing. just give the kid a break. besides, i thought all o coaches looked at film and give their input. receivers and running back coaches as well. grad assistants add if they see something on film. heck even a great d coach will tell his head coach if he sees certain tendencies. someone on here claiming to be in the know has insinuated rhett was useless. i am not sure i believe that. friends or not if your coaching job is on the line you do not hand it to the most useless coach on the field do you? if anything i am willing to bet gus might have handcuffed rhett on a lt of things because he is such a control freak. now can i be wrong? well sure. but at this stage of the game with things clicking we should get behind the man. gosh i wonder how hard it is to coach a team when a lot of the fans are not grateful for what you do. just give him a chance...........

Rhett has been paid  half a million a year or more since 2013 only because he had the title as OC and QB coach at AU.  This season, since Gus has publically said he is turning over the OC reigns to Lashlee, we can assume that Rhett is finally earning his pay check.  That means Rhett basically stole money from AU from the time he was hired in 2012 until before the 2016 LSU game based on his job description and what he was getting paid to do.  

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I've been told by people inside the AD thst if Gus doesn't bring in a new OC/QB coach, Gus' time at Auburn is getting short.

I don't believe it.  Who inside the AD told you that.

wde

This person still works in Auburn's AD, so I said I would never post their name on any board. Unlike some people, I keep my word.

9 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I don't believe it.  Who inside the AD told you that.

wde

JMO but anyone working in the Athletic Department who would discuss something like that with someone outside of the department should be fired post-haste......for actions detrimental to the school and to the football program. ....especially discussing it with someone who was likely to blab all over the internet about it.   Hard to believe that any reasonable, intelligent or competent person would be promoting rumors of that type during a critical time in the football season.   

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but anyone working in the Athletic Department who would discuss something like that with someone outside of the department should be fired post-haste......for actions detrimental to the school and to the football program. ....especially discussing it with someone who was likely to blab all over the internet about it.   Hard to believe that any reasonable, intelligent or competent person would be promoting rumors of that type during a critical time in the football season.   

Don't entertain this. I have a good friend on the staff and he wouldn't even tell his family who the starting QB would be. This guy just wants attention 

Archived