Kamryn Pettway off to a terrific start

StatTiger

12 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Correct but didn't Tate have yards in 08?

He did . I was replying to what I thought someone said that Tate's yardage quoted by the O_P was in 2009 and I thought you said that did not count for Gus, but it did. Sorry If I misunderstood. WDE

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

He did . I was replying to what I thought someone said that Tate's yardage quoted by the O_P was in 2009 and I thought you said that did not count for Gus, but it did. Sorry If I misunderstood. WDE

No it's no big deal....Tate had his best year under Gus.....I think what stat posted was a list of most yards from the first initial carries.....the way the RBs have been used this year I think will certainly help recruiting.....if you protect the ball and block you will play

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

No it's no big deal....Tate had his best year under Gus.....I think what stat posted was a list of most yards from the first initial carries.....the way the RBs have been used this year I think will certainly help recruiting.....if you protect the ball and block you will play

And I like that concept. If you are a RB and are here just for the fame and glory of your stats and are not willing to do the dirty work of blocking for others , then you should not be toting the rock at AU. WDE

Off topic a bit, but what highschool back wouldn't want to play in this offense. It's proven to work with any number of backs with varying size and speed. Other systems need a specific back, like we seem to think we need a specific   type QB. 

As for Pettway, he is a beast and the bruiser that I love to watch. When he runs for 3, it's not 3 and a cloud of dust. It's three yards and a clap of thunder.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

Off topic a bit, but what highschool back wouldn't want to play in this offense. It's proven to work with any number of backs with varying size and speed. Other systems need a specific back, like we seem to think we need a specific   type QB. 

As for Pettway, he is a beast and the bruiser that I love to watch. When he runs for 3, it's not 3 and a cloud of dust. It's three yards and a clap of thunder.  

Folks 'round here would do well to remember this when assessing players and recruits. 

1 hour ago, tigerfangs said:

I like it.  You coined a new phrase and the media should start using it.