#17 in Coaches poll #15 in the AP

Eagle Eye 7

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe we are fairly underrated still. Look at some of the two loss teams ahead of us, even 1 loss teams, and their wins don't look nearly as impressive as ours. Neither do their losses. 

Okay, question: Say we win out, Bama only loses to us, but am A&M wins tiebreaker and takes the SEC. Who would have a better chance of making the CFP: Us at 10-2 or Bama at 11-1?

1 minute ago, msza said:

Okay, question: Say we win out, Bama only loses to us, but am A&M wins tiebreaker and takes the SEC. Who would have a better chance of making the CFP: Us at 10-2 or Bama at 11-1?

uat of course. 

Polls don't matter.  They're good for a laugh but that's about it.  Case(s) in point:  Arky was listed in both the AP and the Coaches polls in the list beyond the top 25 as "Teams receiving votes."  WTF?  Only an idiot homer would dare vote for Arky after the depantsing they received from AU exposed them for the fraud they are.  So, if idiot homers make up the pollsters ... why should anyone take them so seriously? 

31 minutes ago, msza said:

If texas A&M won the SEC, it would not matter. They would be going to the playoffs, depending on the other conferences.

The "coaches" are apparently not paying attention. And Ohio State gets way too much love from the media. Kind of like how Ole Miss continues to be the "best 2 loss team", "best 3 loss team", "best 4 loss team" in the nation. :laugh:

20 hours ago, jared52 said:

uat of course. 

Disagree. Say we win out, we will be easily in the top 10. Top 6 maybe even. If we beat Alabama, we would surely jump them, or they would move back behind us, and we stay put. Regardless, if we win out and beat Alabama, we will be ranked ahead of them.

Only way any one conference gets two teams in is with an undefeated conference champ, and a highly ranked one loss team. 

As far as our ranking goes in the AP poll, there are only two teams in front of us with two loses. Wisconsin beat LSU when they were ranked 5th, and beat MSU when they were ranked 8th, their loses are to #4 Michigan and #2 Ohio State, both by one score. I have no issue with them ahead of us at this time. FSU is different, their best win is against #11 Ole Miss and then they got embarrassed by #10 Louisville and then to un-ranked UNC. So, I agree we should be ranked in front of them. 

Overall, 15th seems about right at this point. 

The next few weeks could be fun to watch us in the rankings.  I could easily see us in the Top 10 before the Alabama game.  But before we get ahead of ourselves, lets make sure we take care of what is in front of us.  That being said, lets rock Ole Miss.

3 hours ago, logan adams said:

Disagree. Say we win out, we will be easily in the top 10. Top 6 maybe even. If we beat Alabama, we would surely jump them, or they would move back behind us, and we stay put. Regardless, if we win out and beat Alabama, we will be ranked ahead of them.

I think you underestimate the power that uat has.

3 hours ago, logan adams said:

I think that is a really interesting question. Can a two loss SEC champ jump a one loss Bama team to make playoffs?  

30 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I think that is a really interesting question. Can a two loss SEC champ jump a one loss Bama team to make playoffs?  

Yes. The playoff committee supposedly holds the conference champion in high regard. We'll see if they stick to their criteria in this case. Also, if bama has only one loss then that means the 2 loss SEC champ beat bama, if the champ comes from the west. If the east wins it could get a little tricky especially if Tennessee wins. I just hope somebody keeps them out. Sorry for sounding like captain obvious :homer:

9 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Yes. The playoff committee supposedly holds the conference champion in high regard. We'll see if they stick to their criteria in this case. Also, if bama has only one loss then that means the 2 loss SEC champ beat bama, if the champ comes from the west. If the east wins it could get a little tricky especially if Tennessee wins. I just hope somebody keeps them out. Sorry for sounding like captain obvious :homer:

If UT won SEC championship I probably wouldn't jump them over bama but i would jump auburn over bama if we beat them in their house then went on to win the SEC. 

Okay - let's put it out there as if we beat Bama so we've lost 2 games and Bama lost one. But without help we'd at least be seeing this top 4.

1. Michigan
2. Clemson
3. Washington
4. Louisville (only loss is to #2 Clemson and they have the Heisman winner)

If Washington loses and we beat Bama by 2 scores and then dominate the East division champ - yes, I could see them picking us over a 1-loss PAC12 champ or 1-loss Big 12 champ. But if Bama loses to us by one score, especially in the likes of 2013, I think they still pick Bama over a 2-loss Auburn team.

7 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

If UT won SEC championship I probably wouldn't jump them over bama but i would jump auburn over bama if we beat them in their house then went on to win the SEC. 

If Tennessee wins the SEC it would test the playoff committee's commitment to their criteria. If Auburn or LSU wins it would be a travesty if bama got in the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Okay - let's put it out there as if we beat Bama so we've lost 2 games and Bama lost one. But without help we'd at least be seeing this top 4.

1. Michigan
2. Clemson
3. Washington
4. Louisville (only loss is to #2 Clemson and they have the Heisman winner)

If Washington loses and we beat Bama by 2 scores and then dominate the East division champ - yes, I could see them picking us over a 1-loss PAC12 champ or 1-loss Big 12 champ. But if Bama loses to us by one score, especially in the likes of 2013, I think they still pick Bama over a 2-loss Auburn team.

If this happens, you will see Nick and the U of A start their spinning and manipulating of the media soon after the loss.  It would make the spinning of 2011 seem like child's play.  Every talking head would be backing him up and then we will see how the committee would react if Auburn were the SEC Championship.  I would love to see it.

16 minutes ago, Linayus said:

But if Bama loses to us by one score, especially in the likes of 2013, I think they still pick Bama over a 2-loss Auburn team.

If we beat bama and win the SEC, and the committee puts bama in the final 4, you a will see a crap-storm of epic proportions from colleges all over the country.  That would be the ultimate in favoritism.

4 hours ago, logan adams said:

That's not necessarily true. We beat LSU and they were ranked ahead of us for a while. If uat's only loss is to us we won't jump them unless we are in the top 5 and we beat them like a drum. 

Now, if we win the SEC, (aTm loses another and we win out with convincing wins) that may sway the playoff committee's opinion. Just my .02.

47 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If this happens, you will see Nick and the U of A start their spinning and manipulating of the media soon after the loss.  It would make the spinning of 2011 seem like child's play.  Every talking head would be backing him up and then we will see how the committee would react if Auburn were the SEC Championship.  I would love to see it.

42 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

If we beat bama and win the SEC, and the committee puts bama in the final 4, you a will see a crap-storm of epic proportions from colleges all over the country.  That would be the ultimate in favoritism.

Oops - I left out the part where we win the SEC but in sloppy fashion against a team we'd be highly favored to beat at that point. lol

I'll be otherworldly pissed if we win out and win the SEC championship but a 1 loss Bama gets into the playoffs over us after we beat them.

19 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

THIS!!! 

Teams with money that were left out in place of Bama or that could see the same happening to them in upcoming years would be PISSED. 

If Bama doesn't make it to the SECCG and the winner of that game is a 2 loss sec team and Bama still gets to the playoffs as the only sec team, I would view that scenario as the playoff system not working. As would all of auburn and many other schools media teams.

I'd love to see a two loss AU team make it to the playoffs while a one loss Bama team doesn't get to the playoffs or the SECCG. Not only for the fact that auburn would have a chance to win it all but could you imagine all of the excuses and hatred that would be coming out of the Bama fanbase??

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'll be otherworldly pissed if we win out and win the SEC championship but a 1 loss Bama gets into the playoffs over us after we beat them.

I doubt that happens. I feel like the committee would see too much potential back lash from it. But who knows. 

I do believe if that were the scenario (even with Alabama being left out) it will spark a HUGE discussion on the playoff system needing to hurry up and expand. 

Archived