RIP Fred Talley Jokes

GwillMac6

2002-2016. Late last night he ran by my window for the last time. He finally found no gaping holes to run through.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

2002-2016. Late last night he ran by my window for the last time. He finally found no gaping holes to run through.

Well played sir :bow:

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Well played sir :bow:

I am pretty sure we (Auburn people) kept the memory of Fred Talley alive WAY more than any Arkansas fan ever has. They have probaly long forgotten him! haha

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am pretty sure we (Auburn people) kept the memory of Fred Talley alive WAY more than any Arkansas fan ever has. They have probaly long forgotten him! haha

You are probably right, but I sure haven't! 

2 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

You are probably right, but I sure haven't! 

lol that makes 2 of us brotha!!!! Worst I have ever seen a tubby run defense look.........

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol that makes 2 of us brotha!!!! Worst I have ever seen a tubby run defense look.........

It was turrible, as Sir Charles would say! I used to kid with buddies of mine that I thought I saw FT just run past my window! 

2 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

It was turrible, as Sir Charles would say! I used to kid with buddies of mine that I thought I saw FT just run past my window! 

He will ALWAYS be running by Tubs window! 

Just now, The Freak said:

If only we can cure the memory of Matt Jones.

He was freakish especially for the time he played. 

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

If only we can cure the memory of Matt Jones.

What all of this really means...... I mean damn Arkansas really owned Tubs! He MIGHT of had a winning record vs them or at the worst broke even but when they beat us... man they REALLY beat us and whooped our ass. Random but Matt Jones would KILL in a Malzahn offense.

Just now, wareagleguy said:

He was freakish especially for the time he played. 

seemed like every 3 steps was 15 yards... deceptively fast

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I was telling my son about this last night. You get the post of the day in this household! 

18 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I was telling my son about this last night. You get the post of the day in this household! 

do I get a biscuit on the house out of this?!

Thanks for nothing Golf....that was awful. 

I had obviously washed that game from my mind.  But, after watching it again, my only thought is that 56 was not enough to make up for that one.

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Thanks for nothing Golf....that was awful. 

I had obviously washed that game from my mind.  But, after watching it again, my only thought is that 56 was not enough to make up for that one.

So true I was a very ill person to be around the week after that game. My dog would hide under the bed bless her heart.

UGA 2006 is the worst by far because it might've cost us a shot at the national championship. Seriously. We owned Florida. Chris Leak would've peed his leg trying to play us a second time. That UGA loss was disgusting. Not just the coaching staff. That group won more games than any class in Auburn history (until the next season), and they rolled over and played dead for four quarters. EASILY the worst loss of the Tuberville era.

I love Tommy (LOVE), but I can own the down times too. My personal worst loss hit list (this is not most painful loss which includes nightmare losses like 2002 UGA and 2005 LSU... those were losses to really, really good teams... these are the inexplicable losses):

1) 2006 UGA
2) 2001 Iron Bowl
3) 2006 Arkansas
4) 2003 Georgia Tech
5) 2002 Arkansas

I still can't explain most of those, even in hindsight.

^'06 Arky was pretty easy to explain: they were coming off a bye, we had just come off a tough game against USCe, and were looking to a hyped showdown with FL the next week. They had an absolutely loaded backfield headed by a certain rising offensive coordinator...

'03 GT was also somewhat explainable, though definitely not excusable. Team was completely demoralized by USCw.

The rest, I have no clue.

O Lawd I was there in the student section. It was a beautiful morning for a patented Wingnut Jefferson Pilot out-of-nowhere beatdown. I swear Nutt loved him some JHS. Watching it on video gives me perspective: Daniel Cobb delivered '01 Florida and that is it. Period. Three turnovers this game. Defensive discipline was non-existent. Didn't fight off blocks, got manhandled at the line. I had forgotten that #33 Doug Heffernan dove untouched for a TD for them. Ouch. I'm thankful for Tubbs' tenure. And I'm thankful he's not the AU coach anymore.

Not sure what was more difficult to watch - Talley or Cobb. Arky had a knack for wrecking our season under Tubbs. I think 2004 was the only season we beat LSU and Arky in the same year under him.

I especially hated losing to Arkansas when Nutt was head coach. I just remember there were several times when the hogs wore out a bunch of Knee caps kicking our a$$ at JHS.

On 10/26/2016 at 1:47 PM, AUcivE09 said:

Not sure what was more difficult to watch - Talley or Cobb. Arky had a knack for wrecking our season under Tubbs. I think 2004 was the only season we beat LSU and Arky in the same year under him.

Archived