Auburn-Ole Miss Score Predictions

logan adams

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Barnacle said:

We'll see. Even the best defenses have bad days. That's especially true in today's game. That's no shot at our defense. I hope you are right! 

Agreed, now that everyone in the country has told us how good our D is, let's hope swelled heads don't cause a letdown, especially this week.

Still think we win 34-17.

9 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

What makes OM so dangerous is CK - he is the best QB in the SEC and can torch you if he gets hot.

Chad Kelly and Austin Allen have almost identical stats this year... we're talking 19 total yards different, 0.2 yards per attempt difference, and Allen has the better QBR. If we can manhandle his O-Line, which sounds even more probable now that we know they will either have freshmen getting their first start on the line or two linemen won't be 100%, he should not be any more a factor than Allen was.

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Agreed, now that everyone in the country has told us how good our D is, let's hope swelled heads don't cause a letdown, especially this week.

Have you seen any interviews with Carl and Monty?  I'm not sure either one is capable of being anything but all business all the time. I'm also sure they won't put up with any of their guys being anything but focused.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Have you seen any interviews with Carl and Monty?  I'm not sure either one is capable of being anything but all business all the time. I'm also sure they won't put up with any of their guys being anything but focused.

Once again I disagree with you. I'm not worried about the upperclassmen, it's the younger guys, and I don't know if Carl and Monty will handle, or can handle them. I don't know if you have ever been an athlete or not, but sometimes when adrenaline takes over during a heated contest, the only one who can control you is yourself.

Speaking from my own experience on this.

10 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

This is the first time a Gus Malzahn offense has been coupled with a really good defense. This could prove to be a lethal combo. Obviously Ole Miss is not going to run it up and down the field, they will need the passing game to be clicking to get the win...if AU plays like they have the past two times out, hammer them with the run, protect the ball - then I see a two touchdown win. If Ole Miss can run and pass then they can steal this one...38-17 Au

This is not a Gus Malzhan offense.  Gus couldn't take the heat of play calling and stepped away and left it to Lashlee and Hand.  Our D is legit and has been all year. I think the 2nd half of the MSU game pissed our D off and they know they have to play 60 minutes.  

wde

36 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Once again I disagree with you. I'm not worried about the upperclassmen, it's the younger guys, and I don't know if Carl and Monty will handle, or can handle them. I don't know if you have ever been an athlete or not, but sometimes when adrenaline takes over during a heated contest, the only one who can control you is yourself.

Speaking from my own experience on this.

I get you, but this is the most disciplined bunch of players I think I've ever seen. Just our lack of penalties, alone, speaks to that.  But you can see that the underclassmen look up to and respect the upperclassmen, especially the leaders.  I think you are concerned over nothing in this case.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Chad Kelly and Austin Allen have almost identical stats this year... we're talking 19 total yards different, 0.2 yards per attempt difference, and Allen has the better QBR. If we can manhandle his O-Line, which sounds even more probable now that we know they will either have freshmen getting their first start on the line or two linemen won't be 100%, he should not be any more a factor than Allen was.

Except for CK likes to run the ball a little more when the pocket collapses. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Except for CK likes to run the ball a little more when the pocket collapses. 

I'm sure Deshaun Davis is looking forward to that. 

49-17  we only log 400-450 yards on the ground and around 150-200 passing. Gus will pull back on the reigns earlier because he is pals with Hugh. 

In all honesty I guess I am still not used to having a great defense. I guess I am just "expecting" us to cave to one of these teams. Also I saw what they did to Alabama and they are pretty good so I figured they are going to get their points.

There are 3 big things in our favor: They are terrible against the run which is our bread and butter, they are wounded with 2 OL maybe out, and our defense is stout this year. But....This team is pretty much in a do or die situation, at home, with their backs against the wall. Basically this game is their season. If they lose this they are going to have to fight to go to a bowl. 

47 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I get you, but this is the most disciplined bunch of players I think I've ever seen. Just our lack of penalties, alone, speaks to that.  But you can see that the underclassmen look up to and respect the upperclassmen, especially the leaders.  I think you are concerned over nothing in this case.

Except for that thug Carl Lawson who is always lining up offsides, trying to cheat.

If our trend of disciplined play holds up until the bama game, I'll be interested to see how the refs call that game....just because of the shear contrast we're likely to see.

29 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Except for that thug Carl Lawson who is always lining up offsides, trying to cheat.

If our trend of disciplined play holds up until the bama game, I'll be interested to see how the refs call that game....just because of the shear contrast we're likely to see.

It will certainly be an opportunity to call out the refs if we suddenly get a pile of penalties after playing so clean all season.

I think this team is preparing for each game as though they are overmatcher and that allows us to come out on fire. I dont think i foresee ole miss being an issue at all. I think kelly takes a beating and im usually not all that confident in our pass rush (past few years will do that to you) i think auburn wins handily. 52-17

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Not to disrespect you in any way. I am curious about 2 things, just to satisfy my curiosity would you answer 2 questions? I will not respond to your answers, just would like to know. Do you consider yourself a northerner or southerner & are you republican or democrat? Thanks

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Not to disrespect you in any way. I am curious about 2 things, just to satisfy my curiosity would you answer 2 questions? I will not respond to your answers, just would like to know. Do you consider yourself a northerner or southerner & are you republican or democrat? Thanks

Politically, I consider myself an independent. More often than not, I don't like either side (like now, for instance), but I tend always side against big government.  

I'm from the Midwest, which is a pretty darn gray area in the whole norther/southern discussion as well. I think parts of both cultures have merit and parts are a little... odd.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Politically, I consider myself an independent. More often than not, I don't like either side (like now, for instance), but I tend always side against big government.  

I'm from the Midwest, which is a pretty darn gray area in the whole norther/southern discussion as well. I think parts of both cultures have merit and parts are a little... odd.

Thank you sir.

One thing that I love about our front 7 is that we play sideline to sideline. We're built to handle athletic QBs. And we're learning to get our hands in the air when we can't get to the QB. 24-3 at half,  38-24 final. Freeze makes good adjustments at halftime and we endure our normal 3rd quarter blues. And it doesn't matter. 

Best Case - This looks a lot like the Arky game.    49-7

Worst Case - OM plays inspired trying to salvage their season. They finally look like the team some expected them to be, and we get too cocky.      OM 27 - AU 24

Most Likely - I honestly can't see OM winning either line of scrimmage. We should be able to run well and hope SW runs the PA well. Our D is nasty. We should shut down their run and make CK earn everything he gets. 

AU 31 - OM 17

War Eagle!!!!!

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Ironically, there is one on "SEC Featured" today with both of them hamming it up in an interview of each other.  They clearly have a good relationship.

Archived