Auburn-Ole Miss Score Predictions

logan adams

15 minutes ago, trout54 said:

Ironically, there is one on "SEC Featured" today with both of them hamming it up in an interview of each other.  They clearly have a good relationship.

I think that's the unspoken key to Auburn's success, this year. These guys are like brothers.  They push each other and support each other... and I'm not just talking about Carl and Monty.

Funny thing is, I haven't done a deep dive into this weeks opponent, but I get the opposite feeling from them.  

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game scares me only because it is a night game in Oxford. I do think it's a good thing they lost to LSU, so maybe the fan turnout won't be as high as it could be and hopefully the players don't really care since they don't have much to play for anymore. I think auburn has a few turnovers that helps keep this one close. I'll say Auburn 38 OM 23. Late TD by the Tigers seals the win 

29 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I think that's the unspoken key to Auburn's success, this year. These guys are like brothers.  They push each other and support each other... and I'm not just talking about Carl and Monty.

Funny thing is, I haven't done a deep dive into this weeks opponent, but I get the opposite feeling from them.  

Same for the LB group. Deshaun and Tre' have been like brothers since childhood really but all of them want nothing but to get out there and show people what they are made of. "Stupid D Inc" has been their motto.

5 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

This is not a Gus Malzhan offense.  Gus couldn't take the heat of play calling and stepped away and left it to Lashlee and Hand.  Our D is legit and has been all year. I think the 2nd half of the MSU game pissed our D off and they know they have to play 60 minutes.  

wde

He may not be calling plays but he is still the architect of this offense - it's his system. Saban does not make defensive calls but Pruitt is still running his defense...

Bingo. It is still the same power running game, wheel routes, jet sweep offense that we have all come to expect. The only differences are that Gus is not calling the plays, the OL changed and is executing at a much higher level, and Rhett is using the plays to break a few tendencies that we have had for the last few years. 

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

He may not be calling plays but he is still the architect of this offense - it's his system. Saban does not make defensive calls but Pruitt is still running his defense...

Fair points.  Should have posted that Rhett and Hand are calling plays for Gus' O better than Gus.

wde

Ole miss is terrified and holdong player only meetings to try to rally the troops. Freeze is shaking in his boots. Our running game is better than their competition especially with how many players we can rotate and how we attack every angle. Their d is hot garbage. Kelly is not as good as last year and has taken a beating. As long as we dont over penetrate we will be fine there. Key yo the game is getting up early. If they get down, their team will fold thinking here we go again. If AU weathers the first quarter then we win big i say 35-17. Gus wont run it up against freeze

23 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Correct this is definitely CGM offense. He is more involved in the game preparation etc than people are letting on.

As for this week I think we win by at least 10. This game will be tougher than. Arkansas due to the fact I believe Ole Miss will come out with the game plan of throwing quick passes and getting the ball out of CK hands asap. They will try to neutralize our defensive pass rush and dl dominance. I do think they will be able to score but not enough. 45-17. Auburn. KP and KJ both have big games I think we roll with the hot hand and feed KP more though. We will see Truitt more involved this week even more so than he has been. I really like Truitt and think it was genius of our coaches to move hin to full time rb. The PA fake wheel route is there for the taking. I really like how we are using Truitt and as I have been saying since the summer KP is an absolute stud and I wouldn't take any duo of rbs in the SEC over ours. We are rolling right now on offense and we have tons of confidence. I don't believe any teamin the country can beat us atm. No let down for us this week and I don't think Ole Miss can hang with us. Might keep it close for half but like I said I think we win by at least 10 and I'm thinking a score of 45-17 is about right.

Our OL is tops in the SEC atm also. We have been dominant since the move of James to LT and AG back to OC. It has been said but Leff has improved more than any player on the team over the course of the year and has become very good RT especially with his run blocking.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:55 PM, api1957 said:

Auburn - 20

Ole Sis - 22

All safeties!

Where have you been since the LSU game? I hope you are joking and I somehow think you are! I think 62-22 could be doable for us of course. This team  is as different as any Auburn team I have seen since 1957. I see no over confidence from this team. Our team as a whole has the right ingredients and the intangibles to be a team that will fight for every score we get. This team is hungry and out for blood. Some folks are still not confident about this team's chance with OM. Most are the ones who thought  Arkansas would be a tight and difficult foe that could very well win that game. If we win out, I can hear those who are scared we will lose to Florida, Tennessee, or Vanderbilt in the conference championship.

For once, I would love to see as many of us as possible to be able to step out in the night air and say the following: "I have confidence that this team will beat any team that dares to get in our way as we march our way to the final 4 and the NC." 

:

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:34 AM, ArgoEagle said:

Once again I disagree with you. I'm not worried about the upperclassmen, it's the younger guys, and I don't know if Carl and Monty will handle, or can handle them. I don't know if you have ever been an athlete or not, but sometimes when adrenaline takes over during a heated contest, the only one who can control you is yourself.

Speaking from my own experience on this.

Come on my friend. Cast aside any doubts and fears. The Auburn nation needs to shed the lack of confidence with this team. This has gone on for years with the "I am so afraid that the salvation Army is going to beat us." You can bet the bank that Carl and Monty will not put up with any attitude of any member on this team that lacks confidence to play every down and will tell them to sit their butt down on the bench in that they likely will have a fellow team member who will hit the field with confidence and a hunger to win.

I have played college ball for a team that was notorious for getting their butt whipped pretty much weekly. I was a walk-on TE for Duke University in the 70s. I got on the field a few times my senior season of which was awesome even if we were losing by 5 TDs. There was such a pervasive attitude from the fans and team mates. I was a 6"7' 230-250 players. I was in pre-med and only got 3-5 hours sleep for years day after day, week after week, month after month. If I had not ravaged my knee in HS football, I would have likely gotten a scholly to play who knows where. Back then, a major knee injury was a death sentence that usually ended in giving up football and other sports.

This team has something that does not come around often even for teams who are perennial contenders. Give them the confidence that they have earned and sit back and watch team after team fall prey to a hungry tiger that has not eaten for a long time. Adrenaline in the hands of a confident warrior will allow the warrior to strike hard and heavy each week.  

21 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I wonder if Ole Miss will load the box and make SW throw... Did Arkansas try that? I didn't see the game but it seems like it would've been a good idea 

even if they load the box with all 11 players, we will still run over them and will pass the ball at will.

38 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Where have you been since the LSU game? I hope you are joking and I somehow think you are! I think 62-22 could be doable for us of course. This team  is as different as any Auburn team I have seen since 1957. I see no over confidence from this team. Our team as a whole has the right ingredients and the intangibles to be a team that will fight for every score we get. This team is hungry and out for blood. Some folks are still not confident about this team's chance with OM. Most are the ones who thought  Arkansas would be a tight and difficult foe that could very well win that game. If we win out, I can hear those who are scared we will lose to Florida, Tennessee, or Vanderbilt in the conference championship.

For once, I would love to see as many of us as possible to be able to step out in the night air and say the following: "I have confidence that this team will beat any team that dares to get in our way as we march our way to the final 4 and the NC." 

:

Check my other predictions ?. There is a method to my madness. I will say no more as not to jinx our mojo.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 11:47 AM, lionheartkc said:

I'm sure Deshaun Davis is looking forward to that. 

When the pocket collapses, you can bet either Monty, Carl, Marlon, Byron, Mr. Russell and the rest of the orange & blue assassins will be there to greet  Mr. Kelly with them putting Kelly on his butt early and often. It will be a fun thing to watch. Honestly, it will! 

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 3:26 PM, trout54 said:

Ironically, there is one on "SEC Featured" today with both of them hamming it up in an interview of each other.  They clearly have a good relationship.

I do not think I have given my score.

Auburn 45 OM 14 mark it in your book my friends!

8 minutes ago, api1957 said:

Check my other predictions ?. There is a method to my madness. I will say no more as not to jinx our mojo.

OK....I think I know what you are up to my friend!

On Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 11:05 PM, logan adams said:

I really don't know what to expect out of this game, but I do think we come away with a win. Not extremely confident in this one, however.

Auburn 31 - Ole Miss 17

That's the first score I thought of also!

If KP carries 20+ times, AU prevails, 34-24. If KP and KJ split reps evenly, we could possibly drop this one.  Have to control the line of scrimmage to establish the game that will be played and no better way to do that than pound it down their throats. 

4 hours ago, SIR ISAAC said:

If KP carries 20+ times, AU prevails, 34-24. If KP and KJ split reps evenly, we could possibly drop this one.  Have to control the line of scrimmage to establish the game that will be played and no better way to do that than pound it down their throats. 

That makes absolutely no sense.

6 hours ago, SIR ISAAC said:

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

That makes absolutely no sense.

What WT said. 

Archived