Vanderbilt Time Set

Charleston Tiger

This is a payback game for Auburn. The last time Auburn played Vandy was during Tuberville's last or next to the last year and Vandy beat us. I think we had Franklin as OC at the time.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I am not in favor of early home games. Hopefully we will do whatever it is we did against MSU to be ready for an early game. I like how that one turned out. 

Irrelevant in this game. Vandy has no chance.  

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I am not saying they will win. I just like how we approached the MSU game. For the first time in a long time we looked fresh and ready to play at 11 am. It was not sloppy. 

Just now, gr82b4au said:

I am not saying they will win. I just like how we approached the MSU game. For the first time in a long time we looked fresh and ready to play at 11 am. It was not sloppy. 

Marcus Davis appreciates the complement.

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Did he do something the morning of the MSU game to help get the team ready? 

Better.  He worked with Gus to establish an early curfew the entire week before the game, and then extra early wake-ups.

12 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Better.  He worked with Gus to establish an early curfew the entire week before the game, and then extra early wake-ups. *** WOW

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Perspective?

If we saw this as a bye-week scrimmage, open to the public, would the fan experience be enhanced?

26 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Perspective?

If we saw this as a bye-week scrimmage, open to the public, would the fan experience be enhanced?

I think, in this case, the fans are just going to have to get their enjoyment from watching a well oiled machine do it's thing.  I expect, if Vandy lives up to billing, that the starters will all be on the sidelines by the second half, in order to be well rested for Georgia.

Maybe we should bill it as the best opportunity to see Franklin run up the score on an SEC opponent. At least it will be more of a challenge than Alabama A&M... who I honestly hope Jeremy gets a shot at after sitting Sean by the end of the 1st quarter and John by the 4th quarter if not the half, so everyone is extra fresh for the Iron Bowl.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

This is a payback game for Auburn. The last time Auburn played Vandy was during Tuberville's last or next to the last year and Vandy beat us. I think we had Franklin as OC at the time.

We lost in 2012, too.

To early to start drinking beer and watching football. Never to early to start drinking beer when you are on the water fishing. So i always try to fish a few hours before these games.

5 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

You're right, Tuberville's last year we lost to Vandy with Franklin as the OC.  However, the last time we lost to Vandy was in 2012 which was CGC's last season.  They hold the all time record against Auburn at 21 wins, 20 losses and 1 tie.  It's time to square up the record.

On 10/25/2016 at 2:49 PM, I_M4_AU said:

You're right, Tuberville's last year we lost to Vandy with Franklin as the OC.  However, the last time we lost to Vandy was in 2012 which was CGC's last season.  They hold the all time record against Auburn at 21 wins, 20 losses and 1 tie.  It's time to square up the record.

It is sad how we seem to always draw the Vandy card when our team is in complete disarray. This year, they aren't even going to want to show up because they know it won't be pretty.

I personally like these day games because it gives you a little time to spend in AU. I will have the great company of my daughter and grand daughter. Not living in AU it is always blessed time to spend back in Auburn. Tailgating and Toomer's Corner, face painting and Tiger Walk. What more could a person ask for ? Just hope the guys are ready. WDE

On 10/25/2016 at 11:48 AM, lionheartkc said:

Better.  He worked with Gus to establish an early curfew the entire week before the game, and then extra early wake-ups.

Seriously? Props to him for taking that initiative. They looked the best I can remember for an early game. 

44 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Seriously? Props to him for taking that initiative. They looked the best I can remember for an early game. 

Yup.  Gotta love a guy who's not seeing much time on the field stepping up and being a leader in other ways.

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

It is sad how we seem to always draw the Vandy card when our team is in complete disarray. This year, they aren't even going to want to show up because they know it won't be pretty.

I just said this .The 21-20-1 record clearly implies that whenever Auburn is having a bad year we play Vanderbilt . 

20 minutes ago, WarEagleFromHoover said:

I just said this .The 21-20-1 record clearly implies that whenever Auburn is having a bad year we play Vanderbilt . 

It also implies that, the majority of our games against them were a LONG time ago...  Of the 42 games we've played... 15 were after 1955.  Of those 15, we are 13-2.

http://www.winsipedia.com/auburn/vs/vanderbilt

the 1890s-the 1930s Vandy was actually a pretty solid team.  Then the SEC was formed and they started going down hill...

Incidentaly... until 1930, bama was 2-8 against Vandy

On 10/24/2016 at 1:26 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Welp at least this game SHOULD be on ESPN or ESPN 2. Bummed our last big home game of the year is at 11 though. 

Remember when the 11:00 games were on Jefferson Pilot?  That was a double whammy; early game and picture so fuzzy that you could barely see the ball.  

If LSU beats bammer, you can bet the bank that Orgeron will be the next HC for LSU. Even if LSU does not beat bammer, but plays them hard & determined and wins all of their games except bammer, he will get the job. Aleeva, LSUs AD, will have a ton of pressure to make coach "O" LSUs coach. If my scenario plays out as I have set, look for Coach "O" to be the man. I have some very good contacts in South Louisiana who have been giving me my info. They told me the week LSU played us, that if LSU lost, Miles was out.

6 hours ago, gulftiger66 said:

Remember when the 11:00 games were on Jefferson Pilot?  That was a double whammy; early game and picture so fuzzy that you could barely see the ball.  

A whole lot of tubby specials in those JP 11 am games to.......

Archived