What do Ole Miss fans think of us?

ausoldiergrad

Well?  Y'all didn't think I'd do any research to find out did ya?  Those of you that are less turrible at internetting come back with the goods!  WDE!  Also...I think when we get rival posters involved this time, we could be a little more hospitable....just my 2% of a dollar.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OM should be afraid, very, very, afraid of what they know is going to happen to them come Saturday night.  I see a score of 41-17 or worse in our favor. Kelly is going to be knocked silly and will be out of the game by mid second quarter. It will be fun no doubt, very, very, fun!

The Ole Miss fans don't seem to think they can beat the sisters of the poor at this point. Not much on the message boards listed however.

18 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

OM should be afraid, very, very, afraid of what they know is going to happen to them come Saturday night.  I see a score of 41-17 or worse in our favor. Kelly is going to be knocked silly and will be out of the game by mid second quarter. It will be fun no doubt, very, very, fun!

don't overload the wagon and always respect your opponent

2 hours ago, 1913-14 said:

don't overload the wagon and always respect your opponent

When you have a Gatlin Gun battling a BB gun, confidence will run high.  I think CGM will have our team playing with confidence without arrogance and this will help us to leave VHS with a nice win under our belt. I know it is unwise to be overconfident and walk into a trap. I think our team is so hungry for wins each week, they keep things in perspective and do what is necessary to win each week. If our team plays with the same intensity and determination that we have seen blossom since the TAMU game, we will be fine. OM is still a team with enough talent to win games, but they are missing the intangibles that seems to get weaker each game. It would not surprise me if OM winds up with a 4-8 season. I do think that what they have looming in the background is the NCAA investigation. Freeze may be losing this team of which is sad. He seems to be a pretty good coach. However, if cheating is what is necessary to have winning seasons, then the hammer must come down swiftly and hard.

Au will get ole miss best shot, but the Dline and oline for AU have a lot of confidence.  If AU can get to Kelly they can win. Ole Miss should worry more about Truitt.  He has some speed and can get lost at the line of scrimmage fast. 

4 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Funny, but I fully expect to get the Rebels' A game for this one. I hope we stay focused and play with the same energy we did on Saturday. 

You're right.  That's the difference between players & fans. 

I don't see how ole miss doesn't score points. 

We will have to get after Kelly quick and make sure we don't turn the ball over and I think we can comfortably control it. I don't think it's quite the cake walk Arkansas was.

14 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Funny, but I fully expect to get the Rebels' A game for this one. I hope we stay focused and play with the same energy we did on Saturday. 

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Can beat anyone anywhere. Can also lose to anyone anywhere. Great offense. Absolutely horrible on defense. Lost some heartbreakers along the way. All the same as our 14 AU team.  2014 AU was way better than our 8-5 record suggested. Ole miss is way better than their record suggests right now to. This will not be easy as it was this past weekend with Arky. 

From the "What do the fans think of us" point of view, from what little fan chatter I saw (not much really, or I didn't look in the right place) the fans are mostly despondent driven by disappointment (been there.) (<-Edit: Awkward run-on sentence -10 pts.) I agree with both these assessments.  What I think that means is if we hit them hard and early, we keep them down.  If Kelly puts them a couple up then the fans, grasping for swing, could really pump up the support.  It does help the team when the fans are engaged. Then a couple key leaders catch fire.   As much as I am old school "play the 60 minutes," I'm leaning toward the very rare first punch mentality.  They're going to be scrappy no doubt about it - for 60 minutes.  With their multiple personality disorder play you're not sure of what you get   Swings - we need to control swing elements - turnovers, impact plays, and general stupidity.  I know we're playing at a much higher level but remember they are capable - this is not a cake walk.

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

They can't defend the run worth a damn. Our team has fallen in love with playing angry and dominating the opponent. We wont win by 53 but we will win easily. 

If the defense shows up to play like they did against Arkansas, I suspect Ole Miss will have a miserable evening.

6 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I believe Ole Miss will snap us back to reality and we will have a dog fight on our hands. They will fight tooth and nail to not lose a 5th game.

That's the proper approach and will be my approach when I put my game face on and sit down on my couch with a beer in my hand at my house in North Florida.  No mercy; I will not let up.

42 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

They can't defend the run worth a damn. Our team has fallen in love with playing angry and dominating the opponent. We wont win by 53 but we will win easily. 

I hope you're right. 

7 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I believe Ole Miss will snap us back to reality and we will have a dog fight on our hands. They will fight tooth and nail to not lose a 5th game.

They can fight all they want, but unless they replace their D-Line with a bunch of guys who can stop the run, and their O-Line with a bunch of guys who can stop our D, there shouldn't be any way we don't win by at least a couple of scores. Our guys are not going into this game less than 100% focused.

58 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

That's the proper approach and will be my approach when I put my game face on and sit down on my couch with a beer in my hand at my house in North Florida.  No mercy; I will not let up.

I love this post so much. Can I... can I give this post a hug?

Sorry. I probably crossed a line there.

I'm nervous about this game.  I hope the players don't go in over confident.  Also, if "good" Chad Kelly shows up, this will be a close game.  

Let's just say I'm cautiously optimistic... 

WAR EAGLE

Archived