This OM team reminds me of the 14 AU team

GwillMac6

Can beat anyone anywhere. Can also lose to anyone anywhere. Great offense. Absolutely horrible on defense. Lost some heartbreakers along the way. All the same as our 14 AU team.  2014 AU was way better than our 8-5 record suggested. Ole miss is way better than their record suggests right now to. This will not be easy as it was this past weekend with Arky. 

1 minute ago, AUTigers910 said:

Very similar. Potent offense and atrocious defense.

Closest anyone has come and will come to beating bama all year till we play them. They were up 3 tds I think at 1 point. No lead is ever safe with their defense. Their passing attack is legit. 

What is OM record 3-4...with their best win so far being UGA. I agree with Kelly at QB they always have a chance - unless they find a groove they could easily end up with a losing record this season. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Closest anyone has come and will come to beating bama all year till we play them. They were up 3 tds I think at 1 point. No lead is ever safe with their defense. Their passing attack is legit. 

Yeah they should have had it. Special teams and protection problems cost them that one.

3 minutes ago, AUTigers910 said:

Yeah they should have had it. Special teams and protection problems cost them that one.

Absolutely sir! also they can never under freeze be able to run the ball effectively. He always has good passing attacks with a lot to be desired in the running department. they were not able to salt away that game.

For me, it's all about Chad Kelly. That guy is a baller. If we contain him, we will have a great chance in winning this game. If he sniffs an opening through a run or air, game on.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Absolutely sir! also they can never under freeze be able to run the ball effectively. He always has good passing attacks with a lot to be desired in the running department. they were not able to salt away that game.

You couldn't be any more right about their running game. I have yet to see a freeze team built to sustain a tenable lead.

We are going to kick their butt on their home field.  Arky and LSU beat them up.  Our game is their last stand.  If, at the end of the 1st quarter, we are ahead or within a TD, we win going away.

wde

5 hours ago, AUTigers910 said:

You couldn't be any more right about their running game. I have yet to see a freeze team built to sustain a tenable lead.

Gus could help him out tremendously on how to build a GREAT run game and freeze could help him some with the passing attack. the 2 expertises would make for the best offense in college football!

I will tell you what really gives me confidence is the depth we have. Last year we had to worry that Carl might go down or a few other key positions. Short of maybe SW at QB there is not anyone else on the team that we cannot sub out without and fear of significant drop off. When you get to the point we are with depth at every position, you become awful hard to beat. You can't plan to wear them down because of that depth. That is really the reason folks are beginning to see the IB as a really defining game in College football this year.This team has more talent across the board than 2013 or 2010, in my opinion.  I also like the mindset and chemistry. I said early on that if this team could get the chemistry, they had the talent to be a major player this year. WDE

Archived