Perfect Storm

AUFan21

I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I believe we are at a point in the season where we are playing our best ball and we are catching teams that are banged up and missing players. I am not saying that we couldn't beat these teams heads up but its the perfect scenario for our team. We are healthy for the most part and we are gaining steam going into the meat of our schedule.

3 minutes ago, AUFan21 said:

I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I believe we are at a point in the season where we are playing our best ball and we are catching teams that are banged up and missing players. I am not saying that we couldn't beat these teams heads up but its the perfect scenario for our team. We are healthy for the most part and we are gaining steam going into the meat of our schedule.

I agree.

wde

Agree and in addition you can also point to the fact that when Auburn has had an injury the next man up has done just as well if not better. Golson returning to center and Pettway being the starter while KJ is out are the main examples. The running backs have really risen to the occasion considering the preseason prognosis. It's impressive what the coaches and team have done so far. After a couple of seasons where we didn't seem to be able to catch a break I'm glad to see the circumstances are favoring Auburn. Usually it helps to be lucky AND good. 

I hate this excuse.  My father (bama undergrad and law school grad) commented Sunday that it was a good thing that bama beat up Arkansas for us.  that is just garbage, and I am tired of hearing it from the bams.  accept the fact that we are playing the better ball than the team opposite us right now.  no matter who they have played, we have played just as many games, and had just as much opportunity to get banged up.  geeze.  it gets so old!

8 minutes ago, trout54 said:

I hate this excuse.  My father (bama undergrad and law school grad) commented Sunday that it was a good thing that bama beat up Arkansas for us.  that is just garbage, and I am tired of hearing it from the bams.  accept the fact that we are playing the better ball than the team opposite us right now.  no matter who they have played, we have played just as many games, and had just as much opportunity to get banged up.  geeze.  it gets so old!

They should beat LSU and MSU soundly since we beat them up for them. 

48 minutes ago, trout54 said:

I am not using this as an excuse. I even said I believe we can beat those teams heads up. We have been very fortunate this year with injuries. I have heard the same excuses from the turds. I will say this. I am glad we played LSU when we did. They are like us now and they are getting in a grove and picking up some steam. I fully expect LF to have a big game against the turds.

5 hours ago, trout54 said:

I do not think Arkansas was beat up anymore than what most teams are at mid-season. 56-3 is beyond impressive. Bammers in comfort of their hideouts are deeply concerned of what will likely face in the Iron Bowl.

4 hours ago, AUFan21 said:

I am not using this as an excuse. I even said I believe we can beat those teams heads up. We have been very fortunate this year with injuries. I have heard the same excuses from the turds. I will say this. I am glad we played LSU when we did. They are like us now and they are getting in a grove and picking up some steam. I fully expect LF to have a big game against the turds.

I told my husband a few days ago that I was glad we played LSU early. Not that we couldn't beat them again, but I feel that game may have been a turning point for this season.

Remember this,Arky has one of the biggest lines in college football and our Dline pushed them around like kids. Remember we played a tougher schedule to date than uat and yet we still lead them in scoring defense and other defense stats or very close to tied overall. These guys are not a fluke. Just watched the CFP show and when they talked about the top which one was most likely to go undefeated 3 of the 4 commented that they thought AU was going to be a problem for uat. That should tell you, folks who are unbiased to some degree believe we are for real. I agree with them. WDE

Every time Todd Blackledge talks about our defense, and in particular, the D-line, he just raves about it. I would imagine at this point Allen and the rest of the hogs offense would rave about Auburn's defense as well.

14 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Trout, i would encourage you to try and not pay much attention to what a bama fan says about AU. Very few if any will ever be objective, they will always wear those crimson glasses. 

That's hard to do when it is your own father.  lol

Funny story, though, my father and I have been calling each other "turds" since long before it was the "vogue" thing to do.  (yes I am a convert.  raised a bammer, realized the error of my ways my senior year of HS and went to Auburn...... actually turned down a scholly from bam).

I agree. We are an 8 win team at the minimum right now. Who would've guessed that after the Clemson QB fiasco. We are in a very good spot and are hitting on all cylinders at the right time. We will thrash Vandy, UGA, and A&M. I think we win Ole Miss by about 2 scores. Bama is a toss up. I want to see them against LSU before I decide how bad we will rough up their freshman QB. 

3 minutes ago, logan adams said:

Any updates on Kerryon?

Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said Tuesday that he expects starting running back Kerryon Johnson to play this Saturday against Ole Miss. Malzahn said the team would know more about his injury status following a Tuesday evening practice.

“The good thing is we didn’t have to play him last week,” Malzahn said. “I thought that was very important moving forward, not just this game but the rest of the year At this point, I would expect him to play. I think he’s moving closer to 100 percent each day.”

Johnson dressed but didn’t participate in Auburn’s 56-3 over Arkansas last Saturday. Malzahn said after the win that the sophomore running back “wasn’t 100 percent” after working his way back from an ankle injury he suffered in the first quarter of a Week 6 win at Mississippi State.

Source

Great news. I'm excited to see Kerryon and Pettway take the field. Would love to see some packages where both of them are on the field at the same time. 

On 10/25/2016 at 3:30 PM, trout54 said:

The only way to get Bama fans to shut their mouths is to beat them...that is the only thing that works. I have seen it for 54 years I have been an Auburn Fan. When Alabama loses to Auburn, not only do they shut up, they find ways to hide and disappear until they can gloat about themselves again. 

Archived