Auburn Football All-Access Podcast, Arkansas game review.....

JMR

Auburn Football All-Access Podcast, Episode 133 is posted on iTunes, and is also available via War Eagle Sports Radio.....
Gus Malzahn's Auburn Tigers Emerging as a Darling of College Football?

In what could be classified as the understatement of the 2016 football season thus far for the Auburn Tigers, what a difference one month makes. Embattled and feeling major heat on the seat in September, Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn has suddenly hit on almost all the right answers in the past two SEC West outings, winning in convincing fashion in Starkville, followed by completely dominating the Razorbacks in every phase 56-3 last Saturday night.

Join Coach John Ray and Doug Dean as they discuss the next big test for the surging Tigers, a road trip to Oxford to take on a capable, yet beaten Ole Miss Rebels team who is coming off of two consecutive road losses in Fayettville and Baton Rouge, a 38-21 drubbing led by a now healthy Leonard Fournette.

Don't look now, but the Tigers are actually in the not inconceivable position of working themselves into the SEC West championship picture if they win the next few games leading up to the November 26th classic against # 1 ranked Bama.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast...uid=http://auburnfootballallaccess.com/?p=221

• RunInRed featured and pinned this topic

Could anyone tell me what happened with the Arkansas team's behavior prior to the game that fired us up ready to unload mass destruction on the porker hoggies?

22 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Could anyone tell me what happened with the Arkansas team's behavior prior to the game that fired us up ready to unload mass destruction on the porker hoggies?

Auburn traditionally has a "prayer circle" around the AU logo at midfield before games. When the players started moving there, the Arkansas players were standing around on the logo. With hormonal, combative young men, that's a problem. After some jawing back and forth, the Arkansas players moved on. That's pretty much it. Glad it didn't escalate into a pre-game brawl, which it easily could have. 

17 hours ago, JMR said:

Auburn traditionally has a "prayer circle" around the AU logo at midfield before games. When the players started moving there, the Arkansas players were standing around on the logo. With hormonal, combative young men, that's a problem. After some jawing back and forth, the Arkansas players moved on. That's pretty much it. Glad it didn't escalate into a pre-game brawl, which it easily could have. 

I am glad that nothing came from it. We are very good as a team that has been coached not to do dumb things like this. The only time I remember seeing us do something like that was at LSU during the Saban era there. We had a serious penalty that was a 15 yard one. LSU did an onside kick and recovered. This set the tone of the game in a bad way for us.

Edited by doc4aday

On 10/25/2016 at 8:02 PM, JMR said:

It always seems to me that these things start because the away team insists on standing on the AU logo. While there is usually plenty of running on the logo during the game, pregame it's usually just to be disrespectful to the home team. I don't know if AU does this or not, but the NCAA should institute a rule that the away team should not be allow to congregate at or on the midfield logo. I don't think there are refs there so it wouldn't be a game penalty, but might should result in a fine for the school.

Not saying the AU guys were right in protecting their turf, but these kinds of confrontations can be avoided if the away team sticks to their end of the field.