Players only meeting in Oxford

DyeCampAlum

Yeah, when you feel the need to make a statement about how you aren't down or giving up...then some of them are probably down and giving up. The ole nothing to see here bit. Hopefully we can finish them off for the year. 

5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

They don't have the horses to win this one. This game can only be won or lost by AU. If we play our game and don't turn it over 3 or 4 times, we win this going away. WDE

Exactly... Oline and Dline will be too much.

1 hour ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

They were discussing how to avoid the Bus that's coming, and its a hell of an O and D line driving that Bus.

Bus? You mean the bus that so many AU faithful were hopping off of a few weeks back, or do you mean the bus known as Kamryn "Bubba" Pettway? Either way, the Bearbels are in for a world of hurt. AU wins this game by double digits.

11 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Don't really see how this could be anything but a bad sign for ole sis. You dont have special players only meetings when you are a cohesive team. Sounds like desperation to me.

You can almost smell the fear.

I think OM will show up inspired.  Eventually our dominance on both lines will take over.  The sooner we jump on them the better.  I think that an early 20 point lead would completely demoralize them.  A one score game going into the 2nd half, however, would give them hope and push them to keep fighting.  The way we started the Arky game was perfect.

The incident with Terry Caldwell on the sideline is telling.  Adverse conditions bring out a person's true colors and that locker room seems to have some very selfish guys.  We've dealt with that.  Freeze has been incredibly soft on those guys.

ESPN’s Tom Luginbill: ‘There’s something wrong with Ole Miss’ locker room dynamic’

Ole Miss fans have not had the season many envisioned.

The Rebels have dropped two in a row and sit at 3-4 on the season. There have been a lot of people wondering what’s wrong with this Ole Miss team, one that won 10 games just last season.

ESPN analyst Tom Luginbill has an answer. And he puts it on the locker room and the lack of leadership.

“On the day I saw Ole Miss, when they dismantled Georgia that was not a 3-4 team on the field,” Luginbill said on the Paul Finebaum show. “Athletically I see what I see, which leads me to believe how good of a team this is in the locker room. Their leadership, their personalities. How investments they in the program instead of their individual well being.

There’s something wrong with that locker room dynamic. The talent level should not be performing to the level that it is,” Luginbill said. 

Luginbill, who is also heavily involved with ESPN’s recruiting services was the sideline analyst for Ole Miss’ 45-14 win over Georgia earlier in the season. The analyst also said he thought Auburn’s season was improving was because of the leadership in its locker room.

The Rebels host the Tigers, who have won four consecutive games. The game is scheduled for 7:15 p.m. ET on the SEC Network on Saturday.

I thoroughly expect Ol Miss to come out early playing inspired football. If we can punch them in the mouth early we should be able to shatter those hopes. If we come out slow, I expect a dog fight.

The Engram quote is not a good sign for Ole Miss. It sounds like he's trying to convince himself. They will come out inspired for the first quarter. If our offensive & defensive lines continually give max effort, I think there's a chance that the Rebs give up a bit. Look for us to take control midway through second quarter & midway through the third quarter. We could dominate the fourth.

Luginbill is right about their talent not matching their performence. Reminds me of some of our teams in the past. Hopefully this won't be a week they decide to play to their potential.  

Could it be the NCAA investigation and possible sanctions are beginning to play on the mind of the coaches and players? If there is fire where there's smoke, then the team could be collectively beginning to fall apart. JMHO :dunno:

25 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Could it be the NCAA investigation and possible sanctions are beginning to play on the mind of the coaches and players? If there is fire where there's smoke, then the team could be collectively beginning to fall apart. JMHO :dunno:

That's what I think it is 

7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Ton of confidence in this thread 

Our defensive line has a players only meeting scheduled for Saturday evening.

At Chad Kelly.

Archived