If TAMU wins out, and we do to

BlueFrogg

56 minutes ago, HSVWarEagle said:

Interesting link to the bylaws there so it looks like coin flip would be correct.  I heard on the drive yesterday that it would come down to the highest AP ranked team.  Either way it seems like it will be a matter of luck and bad circumstance.

59 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

Bama would go. "G" would be the tie breaker ---- they play TN and UK. We have Vandy/UGA and aTm has Mizzou/SC.

aTm played Tennessee and SC.

1 hour ago, WDEKC said:

aTm played Tennessee and SC.

You are correct. In this case it could be interesting. Either way we are behind the 8-ball. We really need aTm to lose along with handling our business.

1 minute ago, AUcivE09 said:

You are correct. In this case it could be interesting. Either way we are behind the 8-ball. We really need aTm to lose along with handling our business.

We don't have to worry about a 3 team tiebreaker if we win out and LSU wins out. 

I think LSU turned the corner after we beat them.  Maybe ole miss will too. Hopefully one or both of them will dispose of the Aggies. 

Iff* my reading is correct,

It’s too early to tell.

Under the hypothetical scenario presented by OP,

we founder at 3-way tiebreaker “G. Best cumulative Conference winning percentage of non-divisional opponents…”

-       Currently, UA has already beaten both their non-divisional opponents, who have (so far) accumulated 5 Conference losses (with 7 more combined Conference games yet to be played),

-       TAMU has already beaten both their non-divisional opponents, who have (so far) accumulated 6 Conference losses (with 6 more combined Conference games yet to be played), and

-       We have not yet played a non-divisional opponent, but those opponents have already accumulated 7 Conference losses, and have the potential of collecting (under OP assumptions) 5 more (besides us) before the season ends.

At best, mathematically under OP hypotheticals, we can advance to “H. Coin flip of the tied teams with the team with the odd result being the representative.” Advantage – not us.

Aside to Coach Orgeron – Good luck on finding stable employment. [and aside to Alexava – this is the "chicken" I find myself counting lately].

*Iff = math term meaning “if and only if.” Iff I’m wrong in my reading, please educate me.

Another way to look at it: For any of this to matter for Auburn, we obviously have to beat Vandy and UGA--running their combined conference record to 3-8. Since Alabama's East opponents still play one another, we can say their "current" record is 6-4 (adding a win and a loss to their combined record). Basically, Alabama's magic number is 3. So any combination of losses by UGA or Vandy (excluding losses to Auburn) and wins by Kentucky or Tennessee (excluding the UT-UK game) that equals 3 and we cannot win on that tie-breaker. Not looking good on that front. They'll probably clinch that tie breaker over AU this weekend.

15 hours ago, alexava said:

I think LSU turned the corner after we beat them.  Maybe ole miss will too. Hopefully one or both of them will dispose of the Aggies. 

Lets hope that happens after tomorrow though.

On 10/27/2016 at 3:42 PM, arein0 said:

We don't have to worry about a 3 team tiebreaker if we win out and LSU wins out. 

Our best bet is this. We'd go straight up which is the only option now. Auburn won't make it to a coin flip for us. Our east competition is easily weaker than A&M or Bama. 

Archived