Who else cussed when Auburn came out in the Wing-T formation with Cox about to take the snap?

TitanTiger

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I stole this from another board, but who else lost it and cussed out loud when we came out in the Cox Cat formation?  

I definitely did. The endzone camera angle they were using at the time didn't show the guys split out otherwise #78 out wide triggers the look for the TE. We've ran that so many times in the past usually out of the sugar huddle. It was definitely a good idea to shift out of that look.

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

I was just coming out of my dumbfoundedness as harris was crossing the goal line.

^^^^ this for me too... it happened so fast that by the time I realized it was the Cox Cat all I had time to think was "WHAT!!!!!!" .... then they shifted out of it and I was like "Trickeration????"  right about the time I saw the tight end WIDE open... great play.

Good for Jalen!!

BTW HARRIS along with COX has been blocking their TAILS off... noticed 85 throwing some BIG blocks on key plays for us.

BIG part of the reason for this turn around is Harris and COX execution and blocking.

6 hours ago, tombigbeetiger said:

aw come on man, i ain't that bad

Yes, you are. To take a swipe at the team with the awesome roll they are on is more than enough evidence. Gus and Rhett have this team on fire offensively. 

The plan was to show them the "spin-a-roo" formation and make the Ole Miss defense start to chuckle. The chuckling caused OM to have a slow reaction time to the shift and left the TE wide open for the TD. It worked like a champ.

Every Auburn fan was going ¨oh crap, here comes Cox running a whirley bird¨. Then they shifted, through the pass, and nobody had picked up the TE and BAM! I want to see more from this TE, I think he could do a lot of damage to opponent D´s. The H-back thing is great but you have to change things up sometimes.

12 hours ago, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

I looked at Stat and said "Nooooo.....Noooooo..." then we changed formations and threw to a TE for a TE from an unbalanced line. That was followed by "Yessssssssss!!!!".

Rhett/Gus were collectively trolling everyone.

Just hope they decide to keep the play for the Ga and Ala games

1 hour ago, au701948 said:

Just hope they decide to keep the play for the Ga and Ala games

The real question is what play they will run out of that formation.  We will see it again, but not a throw to the tight end.  Others will be ready to cover the tight end.

I gotta say, having Harris pose as the LT was as genius as it gets. But when they lined up in the formation I said "oh you gotta be ******* kidding me, Gus is a damn moron" then when we scored I smiled and ran around happy as hell. 

On 10/30/2016 at 6:42 AM, TitanTiger said:

I stole this from another board, but who else lost it and cussed out loud when we came out in the Cox Cat formation?  

Was watching the game at a local brewpub with friends. I don't remember cursing but upon seeing the initial formation I'm pretty sure I was like this...

btlc.gif

Of course after Harris strolled in for the score, we were all like this...

invincible.gif

I did not watch the game live, but watched the highlights Sunday, and my first thought was "Oh, no".

That said, the concept of the "Spinner", also known as the "Wing-T with Spinning Fullback" is not terribly bad. It has some spread concepts built in. The first potential run is the wingback sweep to one side. The second is the tailback sweep to the other side. The third is the fullback up the middle. In theory, the defense has to defend against two potential sweep plays in opposite directions, and an up the middle play.

The problem is I do not think these plays work against a good, disciplined defense, the same way many of the CGM motions no longer seem to work as well as they did in 2009. The second issue is each subsequent potential run takes longer to develop, so a FB run up the middle takes much longer than a Wildcat RB up the middle. The Wing-T Spinner FB up the middle is almost like a delay draw, but because it is not a pass play, the defense is not dropping back.

I actually turned off my tv as soon as I saw them line up in it. Didn't watch a single second of the game after that. I'm just now finding out we scored on that play and even won the game!!!

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

I actually turned off my tv as soon as I saw them line up in it. Didn't watch a single second of the game after that. I'm just now finding out we scored on that play and even won the game!!!

Hahaha, Happy Tuesday

Archived