Jared Harper Probable Starter At Point Guard

aufan57

Appears Bruce Pear has settled in on a point guard, true freshman Jared Harper, for the 2016-17 Season. I thought the transfer from Houston, Ronnie Johnson, would have the edge. 

Harper 'has the edge' at point guard

AUBURN | Bruce Pearl likes his two point guards but Auburn’s third-year coach has to choose a starter and right now, it looks like that will be Jared Harper.

The true freshman has been competing daily with graduate transfer Ronnie Johnson.

“I’ve said that Jared Harper is worth the price of admission. I believe that,” Pearl said. “He is a very a smart player. And what an asset for Jared to have a guy like Ronnie, who has been there and done that in high school in Indianapolis, at Purdue and at Houston.

“Jared has the edge right now, but they’ll both play. They’re both fast and they’re both quick and they both can go by and they’re both pretty good defenders, so not a lot changes. They can both shoot the perimeter shot, so there’s not a lot that changes when one comes out and the other one comes in. But you can see how special Jared is and how special he’s going to be. And Ronnie is just really, really tough and really solid. He takes good care of the basketball.”

Source

Archived