***Auburn 23 Vanderbilt 16 -- Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

CwhbTnkXgAAkgMC.jpg

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We won get out of here bad announcers and terrible officials we over came it all!! War Eagle! Now let's get healthy for uga. 

Auburn survived questionable play calling, questionable player changes, and the worst officiating I have seen in a long time. 

Glad for the win!  Great job guys!  On to the next game!

And TAMU goes down!  Drivers seat!  Thank you Holsey and MSU. 

Praying for Pettway! 

Just now, Auctoritas said:

War eagle, and war eagle again - aTm just lost to MSST!

Everything is in front of us, but we will need to play a lot better than today. Happy for the win, and hope Pettway will be okay.

First let me state how embarrassing it was to view our game thread today. An obvious bunch who have never strapped on a uniform much less coached. Just pathetic. You know who you are. Props to the few with sanity.

p.s. okay, maybe you did coach your childs peewee team. 

Curious if Sean will be able to play vs. Georgia. I'm sure we won't find out until 1 minute prior to kickoff. And Bubba....gosh I hope he is ok, but did not look good. Way to go Auburn.....as bad as it looked, we overcame ALOT to win that game.

I may be emotional right now but as great as this morning turned out with us getting a lesson teaching win for a very young team and TAMU losing I feel like we took an L today with Pettway going down.

Because of work obligations I had to miss watching my 1st game of the year, and decided to keep up with it on the Game thread; it was painful, excruciating, and a few other adjectives, but I appreciate you all keeping me partially informed. I never knew where the ball was at, and it seemed as every Vandy drive lasted 30 minutes, but in the end it was an Auburn victory on a day we couldn't have played any worse. Thanks again and War Eagle !!

Needless to so say, improvement is needed by the time we get to Athens...and WDE. Hoping like crazy KP doesn't having anything too serious.That was bummer seeing him go down the way he did.

Rb position is hurting. SW has a bum shoulder..defense is falling off.

We still won. Thuga is going to pose a challenge. 

Wish we were playing Alabama A&M next week. 

Just now, DAG said:

We won. Coaching staff and players took this week off. Better wake up for next week.

Nobody is a pushover in the SEC....Vandy beat UGa and barely lost to Florida who is ranked.  AU injuries did not help but I think people have been thinking of the Vandy of old and not who they are now.      No question that SW makes a huge difference in the offense ...even when he is less than 100% with no practice leading up to the game.

Glad to have the win in a game when we did not play our best.

I almost nailed the score, after we found out Sean was not starting this game

I predicted 24-17. Missed it by 1.

Bad effort. Our defense has definitely been exposed. Cannot stop a passing team.

Well, as much as I hate to bash refs (no, no I don't) it seems holding has become their wild card.  Lawson is held on almost every play.  I saw multiple Auburn players being tackled, then when Vandy needs a boost, magical holding calls come out.  It looks more and more every week to me like officials are trying to sway games. 

Also interesting was how today, crown of the helmet was THE factor for targetting, but when bama tried to kill TaMu player a few weeks ago with a helmet to the face, it was that he wasn't defenseless, despite that hit being incredibly more violent than ours today.

I'm becoming very tired of it.  It just looks more and more like wrestling.

That said, glad we got the win.  Vandy is a tough fight.

Archived