***Auburn 23 Vanderbilt 16 -- Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

We WON! A&M can't say the same right now! I just hope Pettway is ok and we get some guys healthy for UGA! They look like crap but still have talent and it's at UGA. We need SW among others then they can rest up against AL A&M.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dmbseeker00 said:

Curious if Sean will be able to play vs. Georgia. I'm sure we won't find out until 1 minute prior to kickoff. And Bubba....gosh I hope he is ok, but did not look good. Way to go Auburn.....as bad as it looked, we overcame ALOT to win that game.

He is going to have to play, unless he absolutely cannot throw. 

Anyone want to start a fund to cover the fines so Gus can blast these officials and explain what HOLDING is? Something NEEDS to be said, and nothing but a big stink will get anyone's attention.

This game represents a turning point in the season and coaches and players need to recognize it going into Georgia. Being ranked number 9 in the country Auburn is now a team playing with a target on its back. Teams like Vandy and Georgia can make up for a lackluster season or record by circling the wagons and playing for this one game. Hopefully Pettway is ready to go next week, but I think we saw today that White is the undeniable leader of this team and this team has taken on his fighter personality.

Not our best effort but I do commend our boys for another game where they could of folded,but fought through to the end..

Turrible... just Turrible... officiating and announcers!!

But... really worried about ALL our many injuries going into the biggest away games with Georgia n Bama ...banged up is an understatement.

SW obviously not 100%... Pettway????? ... yea that is gonna hurt if it's serious... especially if SW can't really sling it due to the shoulder...

The guy announcing this game and continuing to talk about the Auburn fumble that wasn't the whole game, should not be allowed to do another game.  He is a pathetic excuse of a color analyst.   Disgusting

Very very very ugly game. Not sure which was worse, watching our gameplay or listening to the guys calling it...(the latter, no contest.) Ugly game, but I'm glad we got the win. Now we control our own destiny. Hopefully we heal up and can be back to true form

Just now, Mickeywc24 said:

This game represents a turning point in the season and coaches and players need to recognize it going into Georgia. Being ranked number 9 in the country Auburn is now a team playing with a target on its back. Teams like Vandy and Georgia can make up for a lackluster season or record by circling the wagons and playing for this one game. Hopefully Pettway is ready to go next week, but I think we saw today that White is the undeniable leader of this team and this team has taken on his fighter personality.

This. Don't you think Vandy wants to knock off the #9 team in the country? The team who is considered the hottest in the nation, with a bulldozer at RB? They answered the challenge. We pulled it off, though.

What a crazy finish. In about a minute:

1) Pettway about to ice the game and goes down with injury 
2) Cunningham pulls one of the most ridiculous defensive plays I've even seen to block field goal that would ice the game
3) Vandy almost pulls off the Slayer in Jordan Hare -- just about a mirror image of Ricardo's catch

2 minutes ago, msza said:

2) Cunningham pulls one of the most ridiculous defensive plays I've even seen to block field goal that would ice the game
3) Vandy almost pulls off the Slayer in Jordan Hare -- just about a mirror image of Ricardo's catch

Wild!

10 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

First let me state how embarrassing it was to view our game thread today. An obvious bunch who have never strapped on a uniform much less coached. Just pathetic. You know who you are. Props to the few with sanity.

p.s. okay, maybe you did coach your childs peewee team. 

Amen

11 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

We won get out of here bad announcers and terrible officials we over came it all!! War Eagle! Now let's get healthy for uga. 

Horrible officiating and probably a once-in-a-lifetime blocked Field Goal. Too surreal!

5 minutes ago, 33gles said:

Anyone want to start a fund to cover the fines so Gus can blast these officials and explain what HOLDING is? Something NEEDS to be said, and nothing but a big stink will get anyone's attention.

I'm not normally someone who gets into the whole "incompetent/crooked refs" thing, but this crew was freaking awful. It was the first time I'd ever thought a crew had action on the game. Holding penalties all on us, but Lawson or Adams never get held? Yeah right....Wish Gus would light this crew up.

1 minute ago, 33gles said:

The fan in me wants to put up 20 bucks in support. However, I will say, it's one thing about yelling at the refs during the game, but I don't think it would set a good example for our players, for our coaches to complain about officiating after the game. I mean we tell our players no excuses, so let's just let it be. Our players did step up today, in a big way. So much was against them in this game. They won with no excuses, despite the refs seemingly trying to change the outcome of a game. One of the holds called on Auburn around midfield in the fourth Q, the ref waited like 4 or 5 seconds after the ball carrier passed him, to throw the flag. It was really fishy.

4 minutes ago, msza said:

On #3 I was thinking the same thing and checking to see if Tray Matthews was involved again. That would have been really weird. 

2 minutes ago, WinningTradition said:

At the end of the game Malzahn said he pulled something but I don't think he really knew

Yep. He just the said the same thing in his press conference that's going on right now.

8 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

First let me state how embarrassing it was to view our game thread today. An obvious bunch who have never strapped on a uniform much less coached. Just pathetic. You know who you are. Props to the few with sanity.

p.s. okay, maybe you did coach your childs peewee team. 

Get over yourself dude. We scrapped the bed today, and were lucky to win. Team was poorly prepared, and played like it. Starting QB not withstanding. Perhaps Gus' 3rd real egg he has laid in his tenure. 1 being 2016 Clemson, 2014 UGA, and today.

Can someone with some officiating knowledge tell me if that blocked field goal was legal? I keep seeing conflicting info. I know in the NFL you can leap the line if you don't land on anyone, but some of the info I'm seeing says you can't leap the line in college at all. Was that a blown call or correct?

6 minutes ago, msza said:

ILLEGAL would be a better word for it.  Totally shocked the officials didn't flag that.  15 yard personal foul

Hope Bubba can be ready to go against the turds,we may can beat the pups without him.GET WELL SOON PETTWAY !!! WDE

I seriously hope the SEC office investigates the officiating in this game.  There is no excuse for this crap. 

On the last drive the clock was at 00s before they hiked the ball when vandy made that long pass

the vandy defender jumped over the center and was offsides when he blocked the kick

not to mention multiple no calls on vandy holding all game long

the targeting call IMO was questionable at best

the list goes on....awful

Archived