***Auburn 23 Vanderbilt 16 -- Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

24 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

Because of work obligations I had to miss watching my 1st game of the year, and decided to keep up with it on the Game thread; it was painful, excruciating, and a few other adjectives, but I appreciate you all keeping me partially informed. I never knew where the ball was at, and it seemed as every Vandy drive lasted 30 minutes, but in the end it was an Auburn victory on a day we couldn't have played any worse. Thanks again and War Eagle !!

The Yahoo Sports app shows results of last play and current position of ball on field.  Plus stats etc. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.  It's ILLEGAL to hurdle in college football unless you have the ball.

SECTION 15. Hurdling
ARTICLE 1. a. Hurdling is an attempt by a player to jump with one or
both feet or knees foremost over an opponent who is still on his feet
(Rule
9-1-13).
b. “On his feet’’ means that no part of the opponent’s body other than one
or both feet is in contact with the ground.

Hurdling
ARTICLE 13. There shall be no hurdling (Exception: The ball carrier may
hurdle an opponent).

We see hurdling every week. Davis jumped over to make a tackle on D. Bamas D tackle jumped over a guy to make a sack.

You can leap to block fgs, it was a clean leap. heck of a play

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I'm sure he sent some last week. Shaw will just toss it in the trash with the other. 

Make him face it. Again and again. As long as it takes.  Chop that wood. It's called accountability.  Do nothing...he takes a bye. Wear him down. Leave a paper trail. Make copies. Squeaky wheels eventually work...take this Tuesday, for example.

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

We see hurdling every week. Davis jumped over to make a tackle on D. Bamas D tackle jumped over a guy to make a sack.

Some people just can't accept being wrong.

I note that last season a bama DL hurdled the LSU center and blocked a FG which was declared legal....but of course that was bama so maybe that's different. 

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

The play today was the exact definition of hurdling and the reason it is in the rule book in the first place. It can be very dangerous. I think it was totally illegal.

Just now, Randman5000 said:

You need to read the definition of hurdling.  You can jump straight up but you can NOT hurdle in college football.  There's a difference and it should have been a penalty.  You are completely wrong here. 

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Jump/dive and hurdle are obviously 2 different things. You are attempting to equate 2 different things. 

1 minute ago, dmbseeker00 said:

The play today was the exact definition of hurdling and the reason it is in the rule book in the first place. It can be very dangerous. I think it was totally illegal.

Exactly.  It was textbook hurdling and it should have been a penalty.

3 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

You need to read the definition of hurdling.  You can jump straight up but you can NOT hurdle in college football.  There's a difference and it should have been a penalty.  You are completely wrong here. 

Must be legal in the SEC because a bama guy did the exact same thing last year against LSU

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=ymyy-t-999&p=bama+lineman+hurdles+line+to+block+LSU+field+goal#id=2&vid=7e21d67667cf70efa6ed4c722b4e9569&action=click

It would take every other SEC team besides bammer staging a coup to get better officiating. bammer is the SEC favorite and whatever they want they get  They help the nickatator have every advantage they can get away with. 

1 minute ago, dmbseeker00 said:

It would have been illegal if he had touched anyone. they call it to prevent someone from getting hurt. We'll see of they change it next year  but it was a clean leap and block

Just now, WarTiger said:

Exactly.  It was textbook hurdling and it should have been a penalty.

@WarTiger, not being an arse, but can you post a link to the hurling rule?

4 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Make him face it. Again and again. As long as it takes.  Chop that wood. It's called accountability.  Do nothing...he takes a bye. Wear him down. Leave a paper trail. Make copies. Squeaky wheels eventually work...take this Tuesday, for example.

I don't get the Tuesday reference. Perhaps I'm just blanking. 

However, I know I'm not the only one who thinks it's utterly corrupt that Shaw is a bammer and the SEC offices are located in Birmingham. I try not to be a conspiracy theorist when it comes to bama, but it's just too hard to not overlook it. 

God it would be great if one of our coaches carried a copy of the rule book on them, so they could run up to them and show it to their face while they deliberate whether hurdling is a penalty....SEC officials could really benefit from this help.

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

It would have been illegal if he had touched anyone. they call it to prevent someone from getting hurt. We'll see of they change it next year  but it was a clean leap and block

Read the rule.  The player not touching anybody DOES NOT MATTER.  It's ILLEGAL to hurdle in college football.  PERIOD.

1 minute ago, Never2Yield said:

I posted the definition of Hurdling and the rule reference earlier in the thread.

I'm not arguing your point on the hurdling rule.  It just seems like it's a very common move in college football.  We see it all the time on highlight reels of guys doing it.   On a more important note.  I think Au tried to get cute and it almost shot themselves in the foot today.  Pettway was getting hit hard and a lot early because Vandy knew we weren't going to pass.  Hopefully the young man is ok.

7 minutes ago, WEagle24 said:

Some people just can't accept being wrong.

I know, not trying to start anything. Just some people like to see things through orange and blue glasses. 

2 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Reminded me of Daren Bates..

ramblock.0.gif

It's legal in the nfl, it's NOT legal in college or high school football.

Just now, gr82b4au said:

It may be illegal but nobody ever calls it. I have see it a few times in games. 

They'd call it if it was against bammer.  I guarantee you Shaw would make sure of it

2 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

He already did about 1 or 2 pages back. The PDF can be obtained free on google too. This was an easy one to look up too...b.c. It is so clear in the rulebook

Archived