***Auburn 23 Vanderbilt 16 -- Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Despite the struggles, I never felt like we would lose this game. Classic trap game and we pulled it out. We won't be overlooking UGA next week. Perhaps it pulled everyone back to the ground, fans and players alike.

If White had started the first half, the score could've been a lot more lopsided. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

You have been shown evidence from the rule book. Must be dense...

You can argue that he wasn't stationary?? 

Just now, WinningTradition said:

I think SW is good to go. I felt that they kept him out for precaution more than necessity. Pettway is the real worry...

We are going to need Sean White to go. Hopefully Kerryon can be ready to fill the role. 

6 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

You have been shown evidence from the rule book. Must be dense...

Then the SEC is the only one not calling it. As 64 has shown, Bama did it last year I believe with no call.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Then the SEC is the only one not calling it. As 64 has shown, Bama did it last year I believe with no call.

Still doesn't mean it's legal...

Just now, corchjay said:

Not only do we seem better on offense when Sean is in but the playmakimg and physical play of the younger WRs were missing in the first half.

We definitely came out flat. Coupled with the ejection of a leader on defense and injuries, we were awful.

5 minutes ago, WinningTradition said:

I think SW is good to go. I felt that they kept him out for precaution more than necessity. Pettway is the real worry...

I understand us not playing SW and if he was a team like UGA he would've started. However, i'm concerned about his injury as with the longer throws it was clear he does have some shoulder issues. But an 70% - 80% healthy SW can still get it done against UGA IMO.

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

You do see the difference....right?

It is not illegal. We can sit here all day and argue, but it's not. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

3 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

You do see the difference....right?

They didn't call it, others have done it as video has shown. Not sure why you care so much. You can leap and block a kick, he didn't leap onto anyone. You can argue he wasn't stationary however. 

We won!

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It is not illegal. We can sit here all day and argue, but it's not. 

You didn't answer the question. Apparently you need a dictionary as well, but hey we won!

We can put it to bed. :wareagle:

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

They didn't call it, others have done it as video has shown. Not sure why you care so much. You can leap and block a kick, he didn't leap onto anyone. You can argue he wasn't stationary however. 

Yep, you could try.

26 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Now the offsides I believe. Pretty sure if he touches that center the flag comes out though. 

No, he was not offsides.  It was timed perfectly.  Although it is not a legal play in NCAA football.  WarTiger is absolutely correct, as usual when it comes to a football rule. 

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

If Bama was the measuring stick for enforcing penalties then holding wouldn't exist ?

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

No, he was not offsides.  It was timed perfectly.  Although it is not a legal play in NCAA football.  WarTiger is absolutely correct, as usual when it comes to a football rule. 

Oh thank you for clarifying that for us. 

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

You didn't answer the question. Apparently you need a dictionary as well, but hey we won!

We can put it to bed. :wareagle:

And you can be a prick, but hey we won!

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I would love to see a still shot. I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I thought it looked like he was almost above the center before the ball was snapped. But I'm no expert and I can't say for 100% fact. I know it's all moot, but so many blown calls make me mad. 

Archived