2017 4* WR Noah "Iggy" Igbinoghene Signs with AU (Updated)

AUDub

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

Eh, I bet Gus will design a play where Chandler Cox throws a screen pass to Iggy.

or to the water boy.

8 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Eh, I bet Gus will design a play where Chandler Cox throws a screen pass to Iggy.

It will probably work if Iggy times his jump properly instead of having already landed back on the ground when the ball arrives. :)

• Like 7

15 hours ago, DAG said:

JS screen passes to Iggy ?!

House it!
giphy.gif

I hope to never see a WR screen pass again.  I don't care if Randy Moss is catching it.  We do not do this well.  How about JS quick slant to Iggy.  House it! 

• Like 1

Just a FYI, Baylor throws a lot of those screens. However, because they set their WRs out side of the numbers it reduces the number of "help" defenders and increases the chance to break the one on one match ups.

• Like 3

That makes a lot of sense.  Not bunching the WRs together would open things up some.  I would still love to see three things added.  The slant pass against a blitzing 9 man box, a screen pass to a RB out of the backfield, and some seam routes to the TE.  Not only are they not long developing routes which helps us but they also require the defense to respect it instead of defending the run with 9 and daring us to pass.

22 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

That makes a lot of sense.  Not bunching the WRs together would open things up some.  I would still love to see three things added.  The slant pass against a blitzing 9 man box, a screen pass to a RB out of the backfield, and some seam routes to the TE.  Not only are they not long developing routes which helps us but they also require the defense to respect it instead of defending the run with 9 and daring us to pass.

I agree with all 3 of those. I would add a flood route out of jet motion, a bootleg, crossing routes on levels, and any route that exploits the MOF beneath the safeties.

• Like 1

I miss a play we used to run under Borges which was the stack post routes. Scored on it against LSU in 2004. Especially given the amount of single high safety looks we see, that play forces the FS to declare and tends to leave pretty easy throws for the QB.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Iggy should be a 4* the next time the composite is updated. Rivals just moved him from a 5.5 3* to a 5.8 4*. That's a very big jump on their scale. The other sites already have Iggy a 4*.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Iggy should be a 4* the next time the composite is updated. Rivals just moved him from a 5.5 3* to a 5.8 4*. That's a very big jump on their scale. The other sites already have Iggy a 4*.

this great news for this star whore here!!! WOOOOOO!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

That can't be right. He's an AU commit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

I've pretty much quite looking at stars almost completely, in favor of looking at position ranking (unless the player is ranked as an athlete, which doesn't always translate as well). I would like to see a day when AU has at least one or two top 15 players available at each position. Those are typically game changing players.

• Like 1

Just now, weathergeakal said:

haha. There are about 10 coaches there today watching QB Connor Adaire throw as well.

Oh... they're having a high school version of a Pro Day... that's far less creepy.  i was imagining Gus standing in the doorway of his classes, just... you know... watching.............

• Like 4

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Oh... they're having a high school version of a Pro Day... that's far less creepy.  i was imagining Gus standing in the doorway of his classes, just... you know... watching.............

Got to make sure he is auburn materiel right?

Like I've been beating the drum as far as all around player Iggy is better then Nico Collins.  However Collins will be a matchup problem in the red one but not sure Collins can beat SEC caliber dbs in regular distance downs.  Iggy can.  I've seen both personally many times.  Adair is a decent QB that would understand our system maybe an invited walkon kind of guy.  HT also has an underclass OL that should rate high 3 - low 4 if he continues the current path.  Could also get stronger grow a little more and shoot up.  Coach Floyd being at HT will help Auburn in the long run.  He is the highest paid high school coach in the state now just a hair above Josh Niblett at Hoover.  HT has made the financial investments in sports over the past 5 years and will be a big player in the 7A market on a yearly basis now.  

On a side note one of our offensive analyst was the wide receiver coach at Trussville coaching Noah before going to Auburn last year.

• Like 6