2017 4* WR Noah "Iggy" Igbinoghene Signs with AU (Updated)

AUDub

Updated (11/24/16), Noah commits to AU!

4_4953090.JPG

Noah Igbinoghene
Trussville, AL (Hewitt-Trussville)
Ht 6-0 | Wt 190 | 40 4.40

247Profile

Offers: App State, Arkansas State, Auburn, Duke, Jax State,  Iowa State, Maryland, Memphis, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Samford, South Alabama, Southern Miss, Troy, Tulane, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest and Yale, among others.

Auburn offer 11/5/16 Link

He has become the top speed receiver Target and could commit soon.

Work with his mom at Children's (a bronze medalist in the relay for Nigeria in 1992 and all-American sprinter for Alabama. Dad was an all-American in the triple jump at Mississippi State) and watch him play every Friday. She says he would accept if we offered. 6 CBs now have him 100% to AU. Great kid, great ball player. I'll fill this in when I get to a PC. 

For the uninitiated, it's pronounce Ig-bin-ah-geh-nee.

Junior highlights:

Senior highlights:

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Please paste full articles when providing article links.

I labored under the impression it's against the rules to paste an article in full. Stealing someone else's work and ad revenue and all that. 

25 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

I labored under the impression it's against the rules to paste an article in full. Stealing someone else's work and ad revenue and all that. 

I'm just following what the mods do and say. they want free articles to be pasted whenever possible. I'm sure you've seen our fearless leader RIR paste many articles on the site.  It's premium articles that can't be pasted per AUFamily site rules.

Edited by ellitor

Just now, ellitor said:

I'm just following what the mods do and say. they wantfree articles to be pasted whenever possible. I'm sure sure you've seen our fearless leader RIR paste many articles on the site.  It's premium articles that can't be pasted per AUFamily site rules.

Thank you for updating the OP.

I've never payed attention. Every time I do it is with an excerpt, generally the lede. Free to access or not, posting an article in its entirety without express permission is a copyright violation. Fair use will protect you with excerpts, but the full article? Unethical at best, illegal at worst. May need to chat with the mods about it.

Well they have pasted and added many full  free articles over the years. One obvious reason  is because they don't want posters having to deal with pop-ups and ads on those sites.

You may very well be right on the illegal thing but I have never heard of it before now. in the seven years I have followed Auburn recruiting on the internet I've never seen even a premium site have issues with other sites posting and pasting their free material.

I apologize to the readers for getting onto this tangent. If I was on a PC I would have just pasted the article myself but I only have a tablet right now and it's very difficult for me to paste articles at the moment. Hopefully I will have a PC in a few weeks.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

Back to our regularly scheduled programming. 

One good thing with should he come in is that he will already be very familiar with the Gus Malzahn scheme. The coach at Trussville, Josh Floyd, who played under Gus at Shiloh Christian and later took over there as coach, winning multiple state titles,  runs Gus's offense. 

When we get his senior highlight reel, I'll post it, but one thing he has done a lot more of this year is run the ball. Trussville frequently comes out in an empty set and motions someone pre-snap into the backfield to take the handoff, usually UAB commit Grayson Cash or Elliot McElwain (whose brother plays FB for Vandy had a catch against us yesterday), but often Noah because of his speed. Very strong legs (he's very good at the triple jump), shifty and great vision.

Added senior highlights for weeks 1-7.

Edited by Bigbens42

Watched him play 3 weeks ago. I think he is tailor made for our offense.  My wife and I moved from Trussville to Atlanta a few years ago.  Hewitt Trussville had been in a seemingly decade of mediocrity in sports, especially football. Glad they hired coach Floyd.  The guy is a winner.  My nephew can't wait to play for him next year. They went undefeated this year. Not to mention beating a good Oak Mountain team 63-21 Friday night. With a brand new school campus, a beautiful new stadium and a young coach with ties to our favorite school, I am hoping that this can become a pipeline to AU.  War Eagle and MUSH! Go Huskies!!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Watched him play 3 weeks ago. I think he is tailor made for our offense.  My wife and I moved from Trussville to Atlanta a few years ago.  Hewitt Trussville had been in a seemingly decade of mediocrity in sports, especially football. Glad they hired coach Floyd.  The guy is a winner.  My nephew can't wait to play for him next year. They went undefeated this year. Not to mention beating a good Oak Mountain team 63-21 Friday night. With a brand new school campus, a beautiful new stadium and a young coach with ties to our favorite school, I am hoping that this can become a pipeline to AU.  War Eagle and MUSH! Go Huskies!!

You go to school here? Class of '04. Moved out, got married and moved back to get my kids in school here.

I was on the team for the tail end of our last good period. Was a sophomore during Cox's senior year.

Best of luck to your nephew. Family goes to every home game. We'll keep an eye out for him. 

Edited by Bigbens42

Iggy is his nickname and definitely is a speedster.  As mentioned both parents were Olympians.  Not great hands but will fit great in the slot as a WR/RB.  He's probably 5' 11" 190.  He would be someone could put anywhere and might could even move over to safety as well however he doesn't play on the defensive side.  Speaking of the HT kids I'd love to have them offer Grayson Cash a grey shirt opportunity.  Definitely a gamer and sports at HT has taken a huge turn in importance since Clay-Chalkville has dominated them the past few years.  So look for a possible pipeline soon.  War Eagle and go Huskies.  (My son goes there)

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

Iggy is his nickname and definitely is a speedster...

Sometimes, I wish we would tell the announcers at away games that. At Sparkman, the poor guy struggled with it for three quarters before getting it right later on. Did a jig in the press box when he finally figured it out.

20 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

You go to school here? Class of '04. Moved out, got married and moved back to get my kids in school here.

I was on the team for the tail end of our last good period. Was a sophomore during Cox's senior year.

Best of luck to your nephew. Family goes to every home game. We'll keep an eye out for him. 

I did not go there.  I graduated from Pelham in 93.  Moved to Trussville when I got married.  My oldest nephew graduated there in 2012. My other is in 9th grade there.

HTHS has put some good guys at AU. Adali Trone (I knew his as Marcelle when we were at HTHS together), Lee Guess, and of course, the best college QB from HTHT, Brandon Cox. I know there have been more, like current OL Tucker Brown. Always glad to have another Husky on the AU roster!

On November 6, 2016 at 10:43 PM, corchjay said:

Iggy is his nickname and definitely is a speedster.  As mentioned both parents were Olympians.  Not great hands but will fit great in the slot as a WR/RB.  He's probably 5' 11" 190.  He would be someone could put anywhere and might could even move over to safety as well however he doesn't play on the defensive side.  Speaking of the HT kids I'd love to have them offer Grayson Cash a grey shirt opportunity.  Definitely a gamer and sports at HT has taken a huge turn in importance since Clay-Chalkville has dominated them the past few years.  So look for a possible pipeline soon.  War Eagle and go Huskies.  (My son goes there)

Sorry but I just had to bold this and laugh. 

• Like 1

It's funny but I doubt he's specifically just considered a WR.  One thing is for certain he has elite speed and athleticism.  I bet his hands in high school are better then Marcus Davis, Ricardo Louis, probably better then a lot of guys.  Great hands are like Duke, Calvin Johnson etc...

and because of a potential to get a foot in the door there you might consider taking a low 4 star high 3 star.

Edited by corchjay

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

It's funny but I doubt he's specifically just considered a WR.  One thing is for certain he has elite speed and athleticism.  I bet his hands in high school are better then Marcus Davis, Ricardo Louis, probably better then a lot of guys.  Great hands are like Duke, Calvin Johnson etc...

and because of a potential to get a foot in the door there you might consider taking a low 4 star high 3 star.

You are not making a good case with those examples. 

you see his highlights.  He's a high 3 star low 4...  with elite speed.  I could trot out several high school kids that could catch just about anything thrown their way but they run a 5.2...  Pick your poison.  We are loaded with young WRs it'd be a tough pull to get any 5 stars this year.  

11 hours ago, corchjay said:

We are loaded with young WRs it'd be a tough pull to get any 5 stars this year.  

Why? We have room for  5* receivers to start if they are capable. 

If we get the right QB next year, it won't matter (3 star or 4 star or 5 star); we already have the WRs to win big. The key is having the offense that will utilize them in the right way. This offense we have now only uses them as an after thought not as an important part of the offense. As everyone has said, our route tree is designed as a complement to a running game, not as a stand alone offense, when the running game isn't working. If our passing game were more evolved, it wouldn't matter that our running game isn't working out. We would be flexible enough to offset the weak running game. But since passing isn't looked at as very important, we aren't prepared when our running game is being shut down.

• Like 1

I don't love comparing anyone's hands to Ricardo Louis. Still, he gave us some big plays/games. I would absolutely relive the Ricardo Louis experience. The unfortunate thing for him and Auburn was the Duke train coming off the rails. Louis was pushed into a role that he wasn't cut out for:  WR1. We never intended that for him, but stuff happens. He stepped up the plate as best he could.

This kid does look like an elite athlete. If he really can't catch, I'm with Bird. He has the size to be a holy terror on the defensive side of the ball.